The 2 Johnnies The GAA Catfish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The part I find bard to believe about ‘Johns’ story is about him going to her place of work. If she’s a teacher he’s hardly gonna come to a secondary school and go into the office with so many people around and ask to speak to her. Being a teacher myself I find it hard to believe that the secretary would ring ‘Niki’ (email is usually mode of communication between school office and teachers) and lastly Niki running out of the school and leaving all of her classes etc is hard to imagine
I just assumed she wasn’t working in a school then.
I assumed it was an office.

She apparently didn’t study teaching in Derry that was later on in Liverpool, perhaps that incident was between the two?

Reactions: 9
The part I find bard to believe about ‘Johns’ story is about him going to her place of work. If she’s a teacher he’s hardly gonna come to a secondary school and go into the office with so many people around and ask to speak to her. Being a teacher myself I find it hard to believe that the secretary would ring ‘Niki’ (email is usually mode of communication between school office and teachers) and lastly Niki running out of the school and leaving all of her classes etc is hard to imagine
Yeah I fount that odd too, but I think someone on here has already said that she wasn't a teacher at this point, that she was possibly working in an office.

Reactions: 5
It never says it was a school though, just her place of work.

I just assumed she wasn’t working in a school then.
I assumed it was an office.
I presumed some sort of office job too

Reactions: 5
She's been at this years though remember. This could have been before she became an (alleged) teacher
It's 100000% true. and also, it was "Colm" not John...

She was working in Donaghmore Convent (co. Tyrone) My fiances nieces go there and way back when it happened they were able to come home and tell their mum all about this teacher they had who was apparently going out with Kieran McGeary and the next day the news of him coming to the school with the letter all came out too.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Aye, it’s some craic alright, this whole thing isn’t over yet, there’s probably a host of married men, lads in relationships after being contacted by her, and if any of them were made public, it could ruin them even if the interaction with Cora/Hannah/Emma/Muireann/Dearbhala/Nikki was completely innocent on their behalf. Do you actually think any partner would 100% believe them after what just broke?
They’ll think their fella seen a hot girl and think that he was trying it on with her.
Aye, a bit of craic alright.
Naw actually not all girls think like that 🤦‍♀️ if they've done nothing wrong there's nothing to 'ruin' them with. Surely if the interaction was completly innocent there would be messages to say so. Don't tar everyone with the same brush because of your insecurities 😂 there's been a few hot girls message my fella over the past 10 years and he shows me (very proud of himself I may add).

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Ahhh they must have posted to announce their departure then and the reason was the language? I didn't see this and was highly confused by Countyminors reply at first! 🙈 I'm losing awful productivity this week with all this going on! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ok so I’m finally after reading the whole thread after listening to the podcasts yesterday.
Does anyone else feel like this whole thing reads like a plot out of one of the Aisling books?!
Also I know a few of ye find it hard to believe Johnny fell for it, but I think they mentioned at the start of the story that ‘Cora’ started messaging him around one of the lockdowns? The last couple of years were probably incredibly easy for her to cancel dates at short notice/last minute, I’ve lost count of the amount of times we’ve had to cancel things the last 2 years between being close contacts or one of our kids having symptoms. So I wouldn’t blame anyone for not seeing through the lies.
Completely agree as well with the people who are saying if it was a man who had done this there’d be a mob after him.

Reactions: 14
Ok so I’m finally after reading the whole thread after listening to the podcasts yesterday.
Does anyone else feel like this whole thing reads like a plot out of one of the Aisling books?!
Also I know a few of ye find it hard to believe Johnny fell for it, but I think they mentioned at the start of the story that ‘Cora’ started messaging him around one of the lockdowns? The last couple of years were probably incredibly easy for her to cancel dates at short notice/last minute, I’ve lost count of the amount of times we’ve had to cancel things the last 2 years between being close contacts or one of our kids having symptoms. So I wouldn’t blame anyone for not seeing through the lies.
Completely agree as well with the people who are saying if it was a man who had done this there’d be a mob after him.
I was chatting to potential dates during lockdown and once I invested a couple of days talking to them we then arranged Zoom dates! It's so easy to figure out it someone is legit or not now.
The guy was a silly fool! But it's certainly got people talking and their listener ratings for their podcast has skyrocketed and they are trending on Twitter

Reactions: 12
But Catfishing is no longer a new phenomenon and there is absolutely no excuse in this day and age has people are still falling for it! A hot girl comes along and the gullible guy believes everything! Good enough for them!
Alright Niamh girl is that you?? Victim blaming at its absolute finest. Sure its not the fault of the absolute nutter that's doing it, it's the stupid people falling for the act that's to blame! Great logic, fair play.

Reactions: 32
I was chatting to potential dates during lockdown and once I invested a couple of days talking to them we then arranged Zoom dates! It's so easy to figure out it someone is legit or not now.
The guy was a silly fool! But it's certainly got people talking and their listener ratings for their podcast has skyrocketed and they are trending on Twitter
I didn’t think of zoom dates. I wouldn’t have done well lockdown dating so, that’d be my worst nightmare having to talk to someone I didn’t know over zoom 🙈

Reactions: 15
Seems it did happen at the school

Attachments

Reactions: 7
I was single during lockdown and would not do a zoom date and even at times I wouldn’t give my mobile number or socials until I met them. I stayed on the app. Guys still met me .
I only now realise that I was lucky or maybe it was them who were lucky .
Everyone is different when it comes to dating or meeting someone online. Maybe I am naive or old fashioned but I trusted the guys and they seemed to trust me to meet me.

Reactions: 15
Been glued to this thread after listening to the podcast and HAD TO make an account to point out that NoseyNiamh is 100% Niamh/Nikki! Or someone pretending to be her. Blaming the victims, speaking about how what she did has boosted The 2 Johnnies ratings, calling Catfishing impressive etc etc. Hi Niamh. You are impressively mental. Can I have your 17 autographs?

• Haha
Reactions: 61
This drama has really come at a good time for the 2 Johnies after the heat for being misogynist in March.

Their comedy is a bit too niche for me, but this has me sucked in a little. But also a little convenient.

Reactions: 10
That’s the truth of it. They stalked men, harassed those men and girls the men were talking to, coerced nude images, commit identity theft, definitely fraud, impersonated a member of the Gardaí. Like this was all done to cause pain to people or at the very least, cause stress and emotional turmoil. No doubt about it. They don’t deserve their identities to be protected. They deserve a criminal charge or two.
Absolutely!! It's pathetic people trying to defend her by saying she obviously has mental health problems! That guy who shot 18 people in Texas obviously had mental health problems too but are you going to excuse his behaviors?? It's the same principal! Actions have consequences especially when she's been doing this for a decade, i hope she gets everything that's coming to her!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm listening to it now...is footballer Paul saying he never meet Nikki/Emma? I am a bit confused.

Reactions: 4
Been glued to this thread after listening to the podcast and HAD TO make an account to point out that NoseyNiamh is 100% Niamh/Nikki! Or someone pretending to be her. Blaming the victims, speaking about how what she did has boosted The 2 Johnnies ratings, calling Catfishing impressive etc etc. Hi Niamh. You are impressively mental. Can I have your 17 autographs?
That would make a lot of sense, NoseyNiamh seems dead against the Johnnies 😂 tactics using her name too, nobody would suspect she'd use her real name 👀😂

I'm listening to it now...is footballer Paul saying he never meet Nikki/Emma? I am a bit confused.
Football Paul met and formed a friendship with Nikki/ Niamh, it sounds like she was there to comfort him when he was stood up by "Emma" each date.. "nikki and paul" went on nights out together, travelled a bit around Ireland from what I gather and he gave her his clothes to wear, but insisting they were only friends... he states he was in a 3-4 year relationship with Emma and never met her and never suspected she was a fake in that time

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I suggest anybody who is yet to listen or half way through listening, finish the podcast, then start here on page 1...with a notebook 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.