The 2 Johnnies The GAA Catfish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Might be a very big stretch here but there is a Niamh Farrell following Rory McIlroy on Instagram. Could Rory McIlroy be the "well know NI athlete" just made the account to say this
i might need to listen again (third time) but was it not the sports stars whose brother died and she went to the funeral? or was that another GAA player? If so, Rory doesn't have any siblings

Reactions: 3
Dear God this is a rabbit hole I never thought I'd go down!! Never heard the story until my son came home from school yesterday and told me his music teacher catfished 40 men!!! Wtf I'm totally lost 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
i might need to listen again (third time) but was it not the sports stars whose brother died and she went to the funeral? or was that another GAA player? If so, Rory doesn't have any siblings
Oh feck it. good thinking. Knew it was a bit of a stretch 🤣

That’s because the person that wrote them got confused about reading in English, English is not their first language, apparently it’s Irish, and they spent 4 years in a university studying through English, because the only Irish course at that university is Irish and drama, and guess what folks, it’s conducted through English. Some people just can’t help themselves.
There may only be an Irish and Drama course at that university now but there was an Irish language and literature course 8 years ago. Also Irish and music which I think Niamh may have studied not 100% if it was just the Irish classes she was in

Reactions: 6
It's a classic catfish story so I'm surprised people's minds are so blown by it and the men involved were extremely gullible.

Reactions: 8
That’s because the person that wrote them got confused about reading in English, English is not their first language, apparently it’s Irish, and they spent 4 years in a university studying through English, because the only Irish course at that university is Irish and drama, and guess what folks, it’s conducted through English. Some people just can’t help themselves.
Had they said any other language under the sun was their first language, you'd have believed them but Irish? Alarm bells

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It's a classic catfish story so I'm surprised people's minds are so blown by it and the men involved were extremely gullible.
I wouldn't say it's a classic catfish story because it had been going on nearly 10 years and with multiple characters and specifically targeting GAA lads. Typical catfish story is more someone targeting 1 specific person they fancy so they'll potentially fall in love with them. That's why this is so bizarre and on a whole other level of lunacy

Reactions: 25
It looks highly likely that footballer Paul was deeply involved with her.
I agree but I don’t get why he was with ‘Emma’ then? Were him and Niamh riding and keeping it secret and he was with Emma for insta? But why would they do that? Did he find out Emma wasn’t real (how?) and subsequently find out she was really Niamh (how?) - why didn’t he tell her where to go and jump?! This is the one area I have SO many questions about.

Reactions: 7
It looks highly likely that footballer Paul was deeply involved with her.
Other than him though i wonder were any of the other lads meeting her as Cora's, etc friend and throwing it up her.

Reactions: 2
Favourite part: when the fella turned up at her work, the receptionist keeping him in hell about sending all the flowers, and yer wan away like a shot through a fire door, galloping over the fields to get away. I’m in bits!!

• Haha
Reactions: 89
I wouldn't say it's a classic catfish story because it had been going on nearly 10 years and with multiple characters and specifically targeting GAA lads. Typical catfish story is more someone targeting 1 specific person they fancy so they'll potentially fall in love with them. That's why this is so bizarre and on a whole other level of lunacy
Haha there was similar stories on nearly every episode of Catfish! Most catfishers have their issues which often result in years of this carry using really elaborate and quite impressive set ups going on to target numerous people until they are eventually caught out. Some give up and realise the error of their ways but alot just can't give it up.

But Catfishing is no longer a new phenomenon and there is absolutely no excuse in this day and age has people are still falling for it! A hot girl comes along and the gullible guy believes everything! Good enough for them!

The Two Johnnies are getting plenty of material and attention from all this, it's probably the best thing that could have happened to them.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Had they said any other language under the sun was their first language, you'd have believed them but Irish? Alarm bells
I‘ve never met anyone who‘s first language is Irish who can’t speak perfect English… it’s almost impossible not to be bilingual

Reactions: 42
I‘ve never met anyone who‘s first language is Irish who can’t speak perfect English… it’s almost impossible not to be bilingual
I think it was just odd. My fiancé is from the gaeltacht and him and his entire family have absolutely fine English. It was odd to me that they used it as a reason why they wrote fiancé instead of fiancée which is a common enough mistake that people make, even if English is your first language.

Reactions: 27
I agree but I don’t get why he was with ‘Emma’ then? Were him and Niamh riding and keeping it secret and he was with Emma for insta? But why would they do that? Did he find out Emma wasn’t real (how?) and subsequently find out she was really Niamh (how?) - why didn’t he tell her where to go and jump?! This is the one area I have SO many questions about.
Ah stop. This story is the kind where you ask one question and it just raises five more questions in return

• Haha
Reactions: 8
or someone who speaks Irish yet spelt Camogie like 'Camoige' continuously throughout their post lol (I know that's not the irish spelling of it but with it being an Irish sport, you'd think they could spell correctly)

I thoguht two accounts she was stealing pics from are 'emsysmeyes' for "Emma" and 'christieabrown' as "Cora"
These 2 girls are from England and are friends therefore loads of pics together, plus JohnnyB follows the pair of them now.
confirmed 👀

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
The part I find bard to believe about ‘Johns’ story is about him going to her place of work. If she’s a teacher he’s hardly gonna come to a secondary school and go into the office with so many people around and ask to speak to her. Being a teacher myself I find it hard to believe that the secretary would ring ‘Niki’ (email is usually mode of communication between school office and teachers) and lastly Niki running out of the school and leaving all of her classes etc is hard to imagine

Reactions: 12
The part I find bard to believe about ‘Johns’ story is about him going to her place of work. If she’s a teacher he’s hardly gonna come to a secondary school and go into the office with so many people around and ask to speak to her. Being a teacher myself I find it hard to believe that the secretary would ring ‘Niki’ (email is usually mode of communication between school office and teachers) and lastly Niki running out of the school and leaving all of her classes etc is hard to imagine
She's been at this years though remember. This could have been before she became an (alleged) teacher

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.