Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shylock

That had outrun it's course I think.
Laurita getting married I dunno I just went off it. Loved it at beginning
Ah fame went to her head. Most people I reckon only tuned in for the 2 boys. I'd never heard of her. She started off grand but i felt that she thought that she was just as talented and famous as Tommy in the finish... all that hard woman, drinkin' and ridin' talk reminded me of Maura! 🤦

Reactions: 12

Jg86

VIP Member
What are the chances 3 top acts all walk at the same time because they want to pursue other things...would be a big coincidence.
It all comes down to money. They all wanted more money while having loads more time off. The boys played their hand by getting that article bigging them up released , "the insider " was from their camp. They want to remind 2fm /rte how valuable they were.
This doesn't apply to the two boys. Doireann genuinely believed she was worth a higher pay check, she was already over paid🤣🤣

Lottie and what's his face sound soooo awkward, sounds like such a mismatch of presenters. I can't put my finger on it but I feel awkward if it's on 🙈

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
14 years doing odd jobs for 2FM and they barely gave her a month in the 2J slot. She must be heartbroken. No doubt the listenership plummeted when the lads left, but this is awful after all the slogging she’s done.

• Wow

moo.89

Awh I will defo miss them in the evenings, I really enjoyed their slot on 2fm. I do like to see them have success in fairness, I think most people do to be fair, so best of luck to them on tour! The GAA, Ska and the re song is very catchy 😂

I am ènjoying Aifric on the breakfast show. She has pretty good general knowledge but Carl is amazed by her genius! Shows what a half wit Doreen was
I’ll listen to the breakfast show. And yes it’s amazing her general knowledge and mostly just from movies. But am I fuck listening to Lottie Ryan

Thanksgiving49

Maura is an absolute ape, she is almost 40 and goes on about dick pics. Her mystery topics are always periods, am I the arsehole from Reddit, or a dig at her ex. She goes on like a teenager it’s embarrassing at this stage. How she is still on the podcast is beyond me because she doesn’t contribute anything but embarrassment for herself

Ducati32

Just finished the pod. God she is getting unbearable at this point like a witch in the background cackling. Gosh there's a roast and then there's being a bitch oh I shouldn't say this this is mean we'll don't maura . She was horrible to them both. If I was the two lads I'd be printing out what people really think of her for her roast. She has a horrible personality.

Irishgirl14

VIP Member
Leaving all of a sudden!? Rumour few days ago that themselves and Jen Zamperlli were supposed to swap shifts. Johnny b on the community page said it was all lies. That they weren't going up their evening slot. I'd say it was Jen that wanted to swap to suit her home life or something with kids and everything. I don't think they'd ever swap and be up at that time of the morning. Jen probably caused uproar over it. With her on 2fm years, 2fm probably went with her and the lads probably weren't given a choice. Maybe it was a move to the morning slot or else leave.? Just my mad opinion though. We'll see in a few weeks if Jen is changed to the evening? 🤔
But, it makes more sense for jen to stay in the morning slot while kids are at schools, etc she comes across and a bit of diva I see her around she isn't the friendliest

Nall

Exactly this! They are very loyal and they feel they owe her for her help at the start - which to be fair, she was a huge support to them. The more we bitch about her the more they dig in I feel.
To be fair there is some amount of bitching about her here, and she definitely is giving good cover for the two lads, Neil and Sarah Jane.
But there is some fair criticism in there too, Maura needs to develop her role on the show, she’s done the stick about being I’m a lads girl and happy to talk about sex and stuff and I give great bjs. The lads are a bit sex obsessed sometimes would be good to see them pulled on or moved on a bit (the dildos are getting annoying). She needs to be more mature as well like digs about the ex and that were cringe, if she’s pissed off about him being back on tinder so quickly why not tackle it head on as a mystery topic and just say it, instead of dancing around it hinting. She had him all over insta and on the pod, if you want to publicise then you have to deal with the good and bad. And if you don’t want to talk about then don’t thats fine, but you can’t half ass it.
The house good for her, no small achievement for her personally but the rest of the country doesn’t care, again make it a topic once and let us all about it, no this constant hinting about a plumber and issues, esb etc. it’s just crying for attention. What does she think the esb lads with hear the pod and go we must go save her…

I’m going on another rant and I’m going to rain myself in now, sorry for my scutter above... but Maura is/was supposed to be the adult to the 2 lads madness but she is trying or at least becoming be more like them rather than the voice of common sense. This means the lads have to police themselves more. It’s telling that in the roast Maura‘s had to be bleeped out not the lads. Maura’s role is sort off to be the unpopular person a little and I think she’s missing that point.
She deserves great credit for getting them going, I wonder is she the right person to stay the distance.
also I have massive respect to for the 2 lads sticking with her, shows their character and that they respect people.

Goujon

Chatty Member
As someone mentioned in the last thread they are on the Dermot Whelan The Mind Full podcast. Well worth a listen, they come across really well and put forward a slightly more serious side of themselves. I think their professionalism really came through and there was a real sense of how proud they are to be Irish and to represent Irish people countrywide and to promote and preserve what's good about Ireland\Irish people. I feel like this is so important now given the changing landscape of Ireland with the current immigration levels etc. I feel sometimes in mainstream media we are not allowed to amplify Irish humour or nuances for fear of not being inclusive but I feel the lads through the various platforms of their work are not afraid to do this and I really respect that
Well said- just because we are living in a multicultural society, doesn't mean we should feel the need to dilute our own sense of place and culture.

I'd hate for someone who was coming to live here to feel like they had to dilute or hide their own cultural identity just so they could fit into some bland notion of what Irishness should be. We should be able to celebrate our differences.

For instance, I work in a company and there has been a new intake of graduates. One of the young guys, his parents are Polish and came here in the Celtic tiger. His first name I can barely pronounce. However he speaks perfect English with the most pure Irish rural accent, which makes sense as he was brought up here. He is also fluent in Polish which he speaks at home with his parents. I think that's a cool thing.

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
The way she tells it makes it seem like she stumbled across JB, she literally goes hunting around for them. Like God love her, she’s vulnerable and all, but then so was Richard Gadd’s stalker until she turned sinister.

Mpw

Pints in a field 2 was BRILLIANT lads twice as good as the first one. They really go all out and I’m delighted it pays off for them :) onwards and upwards for them 👏

nothanks91

VIP Member
I understand the podcast being their number 1, but I don’t understand their album being number 2 for them? Like They are crap singers …. Like really bad ? Does no1 else think this?
They are brutal singers. I think they know their market. All the young ones would love their loves, like Marty mones hit the diff etc