Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Goujon

Chatty Member
The joys of having a limited company - the accounts are open to anyone who wants to look them up.

To those who are saying they are not worth that paycheck - that's your opinion of course, and thank God we all don't have the same opinions.

It looks like the market would disagree. They have taken that 2FM show from the doldrums to having the largest listenership of any show on 2FM.

Apart from the 2FM show, it seems to me that they are incredibly hard working. They have two podcasts a week to prepare for and record. They have recording of TV shows to do (not my cup of tea). They are off touring their podcast this summer. They have an album coming out. They have the Pints in a Field gig this year, plus no doubt another at the three arena. I think if you work as hard as that, it's difficult to say you're not worth the money.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
'Are you jealous of her? That she gets attention from lads? That she's successful and has her own house?'

IT HAS TO BE MAURA THAT POSTED THIS!

😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Goujon

Chatty Member
It was so brain dead for 2fm to present the rural audience that had been built up by the Drive It show with a pair of presenters that sound like they should be starring in a Ross O'Carroll Kelly play.

Talk about shooting themselves in the foot.

If they had left Aifric and Aindriu in situ they had a decent chance of maintaining that audience

Reactions: 26

Hunthehun

The community page is a bit mental this week. So many people need to get a hobby. Like I’m genuinely a huge fan of the podcast but some of these people need help

• Haha
Reactions: 23

jazzbot

VIP Member
I hate their music but delighted for them personally (if that makes sense!? 🤣)

I’m working with a girl atm who is from Tipp and says the O’Brien family are salt of the earth including JB. She knows his sister very well but would’ve crossed paths JB too.

Reactions: 23

dothprotesttoomuch

Chatty Member
WOW just listened to the pod. To quote Erin McGregor de neckkkk of Maura to roast Smacks for being talentless and only getting where he is because of Johnny B. And her - the actual talentless twat - riding their coattails any opportunity she gets. Smacks did not sound happy.

You know damn well she couldn't take a roast. Or more likely she knows damn well that Smacks and Johnny B are too decent to actually say anything too mean about her.

They should have a read aloud of this thread next week instead.

Reactions: 21

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
I think its a real innocent but very intense crush!
To be fair, I don’t think the girl is the full shilling. But she’s got their signatures tattooed on her body, she attends Cahir GAA club events in the hopes of meeting them, cornered Johnny B in his car outside the Shamrock Lounge. Documents literally ALL of it. Just spent three days on a “solo trip” to Tipperary, on which she wandered around Tipp trying to catch a look at the lads. Then came home and said she was homesick to go back to her favourite place in the world - Tipp. She’s probably harmless, but she is obsessive. I’m surprised everyone on the community is still so positive even though it’s gained legs in the last year or so.

• Wow

Appcha

Christ I couldn't get over the mystery topic. Maura slating JB for being bad at riding, smacks for not having talent and Neill for getting the least "pussy" ???Who even uses the word pussy unless you're a 12 year old boy going through puberty.
I hope they tear into her next week.
I'm getting so sick of the pod. I've really found the last few weeks the guests and topics are 😴😴 The correspondence is the best bit, after that it goes down hill.

• Wow

Jg86

VIP Member
Anyone else quietly hoping Johnny B ends up with Lyra, they had good chemistry on the pod and she'd be age appropriate for him too
She's too good for him. She deserves a good decent man not a lad.

Goujon

Chatty Member
I cant believe they are not giving that slot to Aifric and Aindriu. They were the only hope of keeping the listenership. Drive Its rural audience will desert the D4 presenting team in droves.

And what a kick for Aifric. A huge part of that shows success and she is rewarded with. . . .getting up at 4am every day.

If I were her I'd tell 2Fm to fuck off and go work for the lads

DoseyRosey

Maura the gowl is such a "pick me" girl. She will literally do anything to be popular. Acting like she's 14 instead of 40 and telling her friends secrets on a podcast with a large following. She's a horrible witch. The cackle of her makes me physically wince when I'm listening to the pod. I really wish they'd get rid of her. They'd be totally fine, actually better, without her, her bad jokes and mispronounciation of words

Reactions: 19

MsMoMo

As someone mentioned in the last thread they are on the Dermot Whelan The Mind Full podcast. Well worth a listen, they come across really well and put forward a slightly more serious side of themselves. I think their professionalism really came through and there was a real sense of how proud they are to be Irish and to represent Irish people countrywide and to promote and preserve what's good about Ireland\Irish people. I feel like this is so important now given the changing landscape of Ireland with the current immigration levels etc. I feel sometimes in mainstream media we are not allowed to amplify Irish humour or nuances for fear of not being inclusive but I feel the lads through the various platforms of their work are not afraid to do this and I really respect that

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I have actually turned into such an Aifric fan!
She is humble, witty and just a good laugh

A great addition to the podcast.

Reactions: 18

Gossiej

The community page is a bit mental this week. So many people need to get a hobby. Like I’m genuinely a huge fan of the podcast but some of these people need help
A lot of their fans are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. I'm a pretty big fan of the pod, (listen to the Monday and Thursday pod almost religiously and follow them on insta) but some of the people on the community are actually obsessed - huge A List celebs don't even have the level of crazy I see on that fb page...

Reactions: 18