Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I will miss the lads I listened every day driving home from work and they did give me some laugh most days. Really sad seeing Smacks getting emotional, that got me!
I know sometimes it was repetitive or a bit daft but compared to the morning show they are genuine lads and I felt they cared about their listeners. Be sad to see them go

Reactions: 14

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
100% Maura or someone close to her! Had a few too many and decided to tell us all off. She’s not in the public eye, she only MCs at the 3Arena to an audience of 13k per night. Very discreet so she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Mpw

Super fan bought 8 albums 🤢
she mentioned before her dad introduced her to the 2J’s and he died suddenly in a work accident. I think she clings to the lads due to association.

She does go overboard and should probably cope w her loss in a healthier way but I do pity her a bit honestly :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

trebor

I took the liberty to take screenshots of the lads faces after she delivered her 'roast' on Johnny B

1715819529459.png

1715819611156.png

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I would love to know what radio station meets the standards? I have lived away in different countries and it would make your ears bleed. IMO 2fm is still the best station for music and Craic. RTÉ radio 1 still the best for general
My childhood memories of 2FM was chart music, the forced craic/laughter seems to have been in the past decade or so.
---
Or 2fm should just shut down. Hold on toe radio 1 and lyric and rnag.
Makes sense. I remember the 'original' 2FM (or even Radio 2 as it used be) and it doesn't seem fit for 2024 purposes.

Gossiej

I am trying to think of what she may have said to roast JB and the only thing that I think is that shocking/bad is maybe the being caught in a pub toilet with that influencer girl a few years ago?

She was very immature and thick to be honest, to say something she was told not to say on the pod.

Bigred21

VIP Member
There seems to be an awful want in some of their fans. The stuff they post onto that facebook group 🫣😵💫

Goujon

Chatty Member
I saw someone on X translate it to say that 83% of the 2FM daily roster have now walked out.
Thats twitter maths for you. 57% of the roster have walked.

There are 7 on the roster

Doireann, Donncha, Karl
Jen Z
Tracey C
2 Johnnies.

4 of those have walked. 4/7 is 57% (quick maths!)

Or if you want to break it down by time

1/3 of the three hour breakfast show is gone
100% of the three morning show is gone
0% of the three hour lunchtime is goine
and 100 % of the afternoon is gone

So out of 12 hours of daytime schedule, 7 of those have gone, or 58.3 % of the schedule

• Haha

C1O2

Chatty Member
2FM must be rancid if the biggest show ( JNLR figures ) are leaving. What the hell.

nothanks91

VIP Member
I wonder was the slagging she gave the lads on the pod 3 weeks ago the last straw with the lads. Considering Johnny b told her not to tell anyone she says and then she went and told Johnny smacks and Neil. I’d say she’s a dangerous old miserable woman

Sunflower16

Chatty Member
Ah lads it was very emotional, Smacks is a little pet! 😢 Controversial but I won't miss the I'm out here 10 year.... shutterin 🙈

• Haha

dothprotesttoomuch

Chatty Member
And that's fair enough, credit where credit is due. But she's not a podcaster or presenter. Or the leading authority on females in Ireland, as she seems to think. So there really is zero need for her to be on the pod week in, week out. As for writing her own Mystery Topic intros about herself, the cringe 😬😬😬

That said, I'll take her stolen-from-reddit mystery topics any week over Neil's bore-you-to-sleep ones 😂

Reactions: 12

Jg86

VIP Member
I love how these 2 think they are going to make it huge globally. Its adorable to be so delusional 🤣🤣 they are relying on their irishness so much soon they will be acting like something out of Darby o Gill😂

• Haha

snmb

I
The shuttering line drives me spare. I do love start the mixer. And I adore the Two lads really gonna miss them
"Bang, over the bar" is a phrase that seems to have caught on in this house. Afternoons Afternoons in work just won't be the same from next week, I really found it great to keep me awake from 3pm onwards. I don't dislike Lottie but don't think she'd have the same effect

dothprotesttoomuch

Chatty Member
She went straight for the jugular by going for (what appears to be) their insecurities.
Smacks and his "talent"/self-confidence, JB and his er...sexual prowess and Neil and his popularity with the opposite sex. And whatever it was Johnny B asked her not to bring up too and she still couldn't help herself.

I agree with above comments, it didn't come across staged and Johnny Bs face said a different story to his words.

ETA: her snotty remarks about Nashville also came across as "well I didn't even want to go anyway", at not being asked along (!). Face it, you're a work colleague Maura, not a friend.