Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I have actually turned into such an Aifric fan!
She is humble, witty and just a good laugh

A great addition to the podcast.

Reactions: 18

Gossiej

The community page is a bit mental this week. So many people need to get a hobby. Like I’m genuinely a huge fan of the podcast but some of these people need help
A lot of their fans are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. I'm a pretty big fan of the pod, (listen to the Monday and Thursday pod almost religiously and follow them on insta) but some of the people on the community are actually obsessed - huge A List celebs don't even have the level of crazy I see on that fb page...

Lovelula

VIP Member
They were brilliant.I tuned in last week when they were doing the feature on nosy neighbours and it was so funny...they were so relatable for rural Ireland...a d4 accent on the radio would melt my brain alright.
Would they have been pushed to take a paycut and said no?That's the rumour with Garrihy.

Goujon

Chatty Member
Twas the catfish that got them the bigger audience, not RTE 😅
Completely agree. RTE signed them because of their huge podcast audience. Spotify don't hand out exclusive deals to people who aren't pulling in huge numbers.

The more telling thing here is not Backhurst saying that RTE made the Two Johnnies huge, it's the fact he mentioned the podcast tour. There is little doubt in my mind that they weren't able to agree the time off needed for the tour.

To be fair, if the lads thought they could just head off for a 6 weeks in the middle of the summer, and RTE be OK with it, they were codding themselves.
---
Lads that enthusiastic fan who posts on the community a lot, it's going to end in tears, one way or another.

Reactions: 17

MaryJones1

I am ènjoying Aifric on the breakfast show. She has pretty good general knowledge but Carl is amazed by her genius! Shows what a half wit Doreen was

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
Can anyone remember what presenter it was who took off the summer holidays on the radio ? It might be 12/15 year back. I think rte2 have big boots to fill.. they really appealed to the ordinary person much more relatable imo than some of the presenters who think anyone outside D4 is a bogger.

I was thinking of her. I wonder how she’s taking it ? Have her blocked on Facebook as I can’t cope with it
Ryan Tubridy used to take a month off in the summers from radio while the Late Late would be on a hiatus too. Brendan Courtney & Oliver Callan used to cover for him.

So far, SuperFan has coped by having the most depressing roast dinner I’ve ever seen, before going “bus stop hunting” as she put it. She travelled from Bansha to Waterford to Carrick-on-Suir just to take photos of the album promo posters on bus stops. They’d want to watch themselves at the string of gigs next weekend, she’s going to be at most of them 😶

• Wow
  • Haha

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
Id say a lot of it exaggerated too
---
I just love the two lads.
Tattle was on wheels at the time, there’s a huge bank of evidence to prove it was definitely true. When JB says a lot didn’t come out, there’s a lot that was uncovered here that they kept off air - Footballer Paul’s total involvement, for example 👀 Absolutely wild story, selfishly wish it had gone to production because it would have made for great telly.

Urwan21

I'd love if they brought Afric with them and replaced her with Maura. I thought the 3 of them on the radio show were very good and worked so well.

Urwan21

2fm are an absolute joke! I don't like Lottie but I think it's appalling what they have done. They shouldn't have given her the gig in the first place if not giving her a proper chance and some time. And it's a disgrace they are giving a gig to Kayleigh. Imagine going to college and studying media and broadcasting for years and seeing the likes of someone who is famous on tiktok getting a presenting job on a national radio station. It's some joke of a station.

• Heart

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
It’s basically said the lads are lovely & sweet & Maura is good looking and built her own house 😂😂😂 except it was about 10000 words

• Haha

Msweb93

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement about Maura in the coming weeks to say she's made the decision to step back from the podcast.

Reactions: 16

surlook

VIP Member
Aifric was a tonic during the mystery topic. Maura reads the dilemma directly from Reddit where as Aifric said it like she had been there and immediately followed up with her own personal experience. The chemistry between her and the lads is great too. Like 3 friends having a laugh. Loved it.

Goujon

Chatty Member
Dan Healy making an absolute tit of himself on Claire Byrne at the moment, very defensive and extremely erratic. He's announced Laura Fox is replacing Jennifer Zamprarelli. Nothing on 2J yet.
This guy is heading into emporer's new clothes territory.

He was there a few weeks ago swearing on all that was good and holy that Jennifer Zamparelli is was just taking a few weeks off and wasn't going anywhere.

From the latest JNLR:

1. Drive it with the 2 Johnnies 151,000
2. 2FM Breakfast with Doireann, Donncha and Carl 143,000
3. Jennifer Zamparelli 135,000

In the space of a month this guy (and his RTE overlords) has managed to drive off the presenters of his top three performing shows. Hardly a wise move

dothprotesttoomuch

Chatty Member
I don't listen to radio so I'd no idea who Aifric was until I listened to the pod today. All I can say is what a breath of fresh air! I'm only 30 minutes in, but there is genuine laughter on both sides, cracking jokes and real camaraderie. Love this for us them!