Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jazzbot

VIP Member
Just my opinion and not my place to police I know but I don’t think SF should be discussed for obvious reasons. Plus they aren’t a public figure.

Reactions: 11

Tellyawhat

I agree i dont like there music but glad to see some honegrown success and look how much it means to them than international artists where it is just another number 1 in a country.

I'd love to see them write more songs kid friendly. My 5 year old nephew sang when i play county for his grandfather and to see the joy in my father's face listening to a 5 year old wanting to walk behind the Artane band and climb the steps of the Hogan stand.

Last edited:

C1O2

Chatty Member
Maybe the lads are letting her make a fool of herself to knock her off her high horse ? They really don’t need her anymore she’s just a hanger on at this stage and is so vulgar

surlook

VIP Member
They didn't need RTE - they were doing grand on their own. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement.

I didn't even have 2fm on my radio presets before they joined. I never listened to that station and I probably won't again.

Goujon

Chatty Member
I agree Afric is a rising star, it's hard not to like her (someone is going to ruin my illusion and point me to her tattle page now) . Hope to hear more of her on the podcasts.
Aifric is refreshingly low key. She has an insta page but posts on it very rarely. She properly came up through the ranks in radio, presenting shows on RTE Pulse that were probably listened to by one man and his dog.

I totally want to start shipping Johnny B and Aifric, but I dont think it would ever happen, he has a type and she isnt it

JanineButcher

I understand the podcast being their number 1, but I don’t understand their album being number 2 for them? Like They are crap singers …. Like really bad ? Does no1 else think this?

Goujon

Chatty Member
Oh really I knew James was their tour manager etc but didn't realise Maura was just the producer on the podcast. I really thought I heard her say on one of the podcasts that she pretty much made them etc. Why's she involved so heavily in the live shows so?
To give her her due, she does deserve a lot of credit for getting them going, on two fronts.

Firstly, the lads were clueless on how to make a podcast when they started it-they freely admit this. Maura was on board from Day 1 , and if you remember, the podcast went straight to no 1 immediately, there was no slow burn. She has to get credit for that.

The other thing is that she got them on the Late Late very early in their careers (she used to be a researcher with the Late Late). That would have done them a great boost in terms of exposure.

I dare say she is far from indispensable now. They now have Neil on board (who seems to take care of all the recording and technical stuff) and Katie Jane who does the research (and also is a radio presenter in her own right). However, I don't think the lads would throw someone off the ship who was so vital to getting them up and going.

dodo21

They’re an awful match! I managed 10 mins on the way home from work and couldn’t manage them any longer. They won’t last surely?
I agree. It’s a pity really I don’t wish bad on them or anyone but it was a bad move putting them straight into that big gig. They should have tried them at the weekend or something to see if they would click. You get the feeling that Lottie is feeling the pressure already they probably thought though that she’s been in 2fm for years and it’s now or never if she’s gonna make it. As much as the morning show needs Aifric they have lost a large audience in the afternoon that she could have continued to connect with.

nothanks91

VIP Member
Mid listening to the pod and OMG her fecking cackle!! Get rid of her!! I haven’t even gotten to the mystery topic yet and I’m on the verge of turning it off

Reactions: 10

snmb

This week's correspondence was a bit much. They're all getting a bit old to be talking so much about hand jobs and the like

surlook

VIP Member
I don't like their music particularly but I spent €10 on the album in Tesco. I got a lot of free entertainment through the pod over the last 5 years. I'm happy to do that small thing for them. I really like the lads. They are good people.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Surely 2FM need to publicly address so many departures in not even a month if they haven't already? It's getting silly now.

nothanks91

VIP Member
Maura pronounced 'scarce' as 'scarse' in the last pod. She forgot the long vowel a.

Ok reading this back, it sounds like I'm nitpicking, but it sounded bizarre.
Don’t get me started on how she pronounces most words, Sill-age for example, the lads even slag her. And when she says she read a ‘buuuk’ 🤢

Jg86

VIP Member
Noticed that alright!! She posted a picture from a hotel bedroom the morning after their London show and she was wearing the same clothes that she was wearing backstage the night before.
The age difference is a bit much though at his age isn't it?? Or maybe I'm a prude!
No you're not a prude. He is in his dirty old man era. Just like how Leo di caprio is the dirty old man in every room chasing after 23 year old, Johnny b is also in that phase. Its creepy.