Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Goujon

Chatty Member
Was she not in doing the desk from the start because the lads needed to learn how to do it from someone? But maybe it was only later that she went on air with them

#transparency

VIP Member
Neil's topic was on recognising gamer slang. Hardly will resonate with lads on building sites or drawing silage !

I know Mauras topic was from reddit this week but I still enjoyed it, it was a proper quandry
What was the theme of her mystery topic for tattlers who don't listen to the pod.

jazzbot

VIP Member
No I haven’t seen them live to be fair. But to me they sound weak on the studio versions. I heard from others they were decent on radio but again I hadn’t heard them myself.

Herefortea135

VIP Member
johnny smacks admitting in latest extra he's cheated in every exam he's ever done, including the leaving and college ones! kinda crazy that he did that AND he's admitting it
I’m not shocked or surprised 😂 although I surprised he did go to college. Did he finish ? Or what did he even do ?

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Afric was added in order to keep the boys on track. She's not there by choice but it will ultimately benefit her.
For radio, 2 male presenters can be off putting to female listeners so they tend to add a woman to the mix.
Absolutely. They wouldn't want it to appear too 'laddy'

marymac19

VIP Member
Just for the sake of accuracy, maura is not their manager, she is the producer of the podcast. The lads have separate manager.
Oh really I knew James was their tour manager etc but didn't realise Maura was just the producer on the podcast. I really thought I heard her say on one of the podcasts that she pretty much made them etc. Why's she involved so heavily in the live shows so?

Aifric would be ideal for the podcast. Maura is cringe personified
Is Aifric always with them on the radio now?
I just don’t understand why 2fm always put a woman with 2 male presenters even when the dynamic is good. Is it for representation?

Like Doireann got put with Donncha and Karl, which is grand they were all individual presenters but even Bernard and Keith had a great dynamic on iRadio but Jen got put with them with Keith on the desk and then when Jen was on mat leave, Lottie Ryan got put in with them to do the desk and she really actually ruined their dynamic.

what’s the reasoning?

CailínBeag

VIP Member
Can anyone tell me if Afric was only added to the radio show after the car sticker controversy or where did she come along at all?