Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Urwan21

This week's podcast was the poorest in a long time. The interview with Eillie and Chareleen was pure awkward and boring and Mauras mystery topic was dire.

Reactions: 11

dodo21

Why is Maura still on the podcasts? Afric would be unreal at it with the lads

surlook

VIP Member
I haven't listened yet but the description of today's podcast says that Maura is sick and Aifric is doing the mystery topic.

Is it too much to hope that this could be a new arrangement? When they were on 2fm that crossover wouldn't have been good - better to keep things separate. But now that they have left......

To be fair Aifric is probably too busy with her new show.

pommynoir

VIP Member
the one thing that gets me - is tattle is closed to new members, so she must have already had an account.

Jg86

VIP Member
How will Johnny Bs trisha cope without him when he's over in oz trying to bang 23 year old?? He is such a dirty old man🤣
Smacks while sound 100% wants a mother not a wife. His behaviour reinforces that.
Seriously if you identify as a lad past the age of 30 there's something wrong 🙄

• Haha

surlook

VIP Member
I have it on, what I believe to be, good authority that RTE were clapping down on outside partnerships and when it came down to it their podcast was too lucrative to give up.

Probably the same with Doireann too.

Nosycrow

Chatty Member
Big radio fan nerd here 🥲It would be alot worse if Tracy Clifford was leaving. Aifric,Emma Power and Blátnaid Treacy are all great and deserve big shows. Laura Fox def deserves her chance with the 9-12. Roz is next that needs to leave.
Exactly. I think it’s a house clean and long overdue. These influencer doses way too big for their boots and threw toys out of the pram when demands not met. Back to basics and hopefully actual talent for 2FM.

Sure you man thats with her on Drive was as useless. Im no fan a Lottie but I'd a got rid of him first. They just didnt gel together.

Goujon

Chatty Member
Did anyone see this article by Sean Moncrieff last week? It really sums up the essence of the 2J's.

'Like any industry, people in the media tend to come from the same gene pool. They do a media degree. They might work for a spell in a local newspaper or radio station and then end up in Dublin. And while they can originate from any part of the country, they tend to be middle class. There is – like any industry – a degree of cultural homogenisation.

The 2 Johnnies came from outside that system. With no qualifications or training, they established a local business that quickly achieved a national and international reach. Yet when they arrived on 2FM, and almost immediately got in trouble, a lot of the commentary was of the I’ve-never-heard-of-them variety: if they weren’t on the cultural radar of the commentariat, they must be irrelevant.

I’ve been to one of their 3Arena gigs, and the atmosphere was one of celebration: for the audience as much as the performers. This was their life, being reflected back to them; and being done in the heart of the indifferent capital city. It almost didn’t matter what the 2 Johnnies said or did that night: it was what they represented.

Most Irish people now live in urban areas, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t still an urban-rural split; or more precisely, a city-town split. The 2 Johnnies are an archetype: the lads from the Town. They’ll live and die in that town, a place where GAA and family are of paramount importance, where everyone knows everyone, where there are a host of characters who let themselves be gently teased while teasing themselves. It’s a place where the concept of craic has its fullest and most subtle expression.

Their 2FM show was an aural representation of life in the Town, with the Parish Quiz and their mammies calling in and a host of real people who would regularly contribute. On their last show, they played out voice notes from many of them, in which there was a notable theme: it was great to hear culchies on the radio; a sentiment that underlined just how rare that is, not just in the media but in pretty much all aspects of our public life.'

I missed that article, it really nails what the lads represent, and also highlights how some people just dont "get" it

Ya think is the new evening slot a bit of a middle finger to the lads with Lottie and David being polar opposites. Think the listernship will crash

dodo21

Aifric and Andriu bookies favourite to replace the lads . I hope they get it, especially Aifric.

dothprotesttoomuch

Chatty Member
I actually had a thought a few weeks ago for no reason what so ever. I wonder is she going to leave soon and reading what was in todays pod maybe the end is nigh ?
We can only hope. I hope Maura's roast was a turning point and the 2 Js see what we have always seen. So uncalled for what she said about Smacks. A roast is meant to have an element of humour to it, not just being a straightout bitch for the sake of being a bitch.

As the saying goes, many a true word is said in jest. I don't know what she said about Johnny B, but we all know now exactly what she thinks about Smacks.

nothanks91

VIP Member
IMG_5754.jpeg

yet Johnny b is still afraid to spend a penny!! Not a fan of GK Kelly or whatever her name is.

marymac19

VIP Member
Just my opinion and not my place to police I know but I don’t think SF should be discussed for obvious reasons. Plus they aren’t a public figure.
Do you meàn SD. Totally agree I said it last week. It's very unfair no one knows the circumstances just leave her be. 😔

• Heart
I cant believe they are not giving that slot to Aifric and Aindriu. They were the only hope of keeping the listenership. Drive Its rural audience will desert the D4 presenting team in droves.

And what a kick for Aifric. A huge part of that shows success and she is rewarded with. . . .getting up at 4am every day.

If I were her I'd tell 2Fm to fuck off and go work for the lads
Ah, Aifric is brilliant. Gels so well with the lads. Gutted she didn't get the slot. I for sure won't be listening as I can't stand Lottie.

Definitely could be SD, it's great she has the podcast and stuff and she does seem harmless but the obsession is a bit much. If the lads went missing in the morning I'd be checking her place first.
On the whole Maura thing, fair enough at the start she would of been a huge help and probably did a lot of the leg work with connections and helping to set it up, but with all the help and staff they have now you'd wonder how much work does she actually do anymore ?

tbo

Half way through the regular pod and Maura is unbearable. The lads are having the craic telling of their time in Nashville and Maura is like the uncool friend with her deadpan responses 😆

I almost feel uncomfortable as it moves towards the roast after reading here as to how bad it is ..