Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

surlook

VIP Member
What do you think..did RTE give them the platform to be as big as they are or would they be have got that through podcast/shows anyway?
No way! Before they joined 2fm they had one of the biggest podcasts in the country, so much so they had an exclusive deal with Spotify, plus a subscription podcast on Patreon.

They built their following from nothing.

Yes, the TV shows may have helped but RTE wouldn't have invested in a travel show if they weren't sure they had the following to get the viewing numbers.

He's way off with that comment.

Reactions: 15

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
I know EXACTLY who you’re on about and that was my thoughts too if it’s not Maura.
I do feel badly for her because I think the manic fixation is probably a mismanagement of her grief, she lost her Da a few years ago and it was him who introduced her to the podcast. But the girl has an unhealthy level of infatuation with the lads. She marched with a group from Tipperary in the London St. Patrick’s Day parade and called it the proudest moment of her life. She’s from Wexford 😭😭

• Sad
  • Wow

Goujon

Chatty Member
Aifric definitely deserves her own slot by now she comes across as an incredibly hard worker.

surlook

VIP Member
I adore Smacks but I don't think he'd be anything without JB! He works hard but lacks a bit of drive. JB has come on as an interviewer too. He is naturally curious and asks good questions. Smacks is still quite immature and just looking for something to be said that he can laugh at. #They complement each other well.

Ellamay87

VIP Member
I'd say they walked as opposed to were pushed. 2fm would have been delighted to keep them with those good listenership and figures.

I'd say it's the Backhurst/ expenses drama. They can't be doing their own projects while getting paid by rte. And said fuck it. Dead right oo.

Casperoo

Chatty Member
Leaving all of a sudden!? Rumour few days ago that themselves and Jen Zamperlli were supposed to swap shifts. Johnny b on the community page said it was all lies. That they weren't giving up their evening slot. I'd say it was Jen that wanted to swap to suit her home life or something with kids and everything. I don't think they'd ever swap and be up at that time of the morning. Jen probably caused uproar over it. With her on 2fm years, 2fm probably went with her and the lads probably weren't given a choice. Maybe it was a move to the morning slot or else leave.? Just my mad opinion though. We'll see in a few weeks if Jen is changed to the evening? 🤔

Urwan21

Can't believe Lottie and David will be taking over the lads slot. Afric and Andrew would have been a million times better suited and deserving.

• Heart

Wee Nora

VIP Member
They were great on the radio in fairness to them, loved the dynamic with Aifric. Back to boring aul Cool FM for me so 😂

Reactions: 14

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
I’ve never listened to Lottie but judging by the comments here and if their listeners went down you can hardly call RTE awful for Axing her. By all accounts on here she was the one that was “awful”
What I think is awful is the way they’ve gone about it, exactly as the article spells out. They led her to believe the gig was hers permanently and she was “finally” being given the opportunity they’ve baited in front of her for over a decade. Fair enough, she’s shite, but as a long-time employee, management owed her the decency of being transparent about what the role entailed. To set her up for public embarrassment by renouncing her role within a few weeks, unbeknownst to her, is awful imo.

Sunflower16

Chatty Member
Anyone see the new 2fm line up? Have to say I will miss the boys in the evenings on my way home from work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goujon

Chatty Member
I don't know what is going on at 2FM but I would have thought they would have moved mountains to keep them. 2FM is going to hemorrhage listeners from that slot.

A sign that the lads are doing well that they can afford to leave this gig.

If that rumour is true and management wanted them to swap to the morning, it would be a gigantic self inflicted fuckup

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
She really went nasty calling Smacks talentles and Johnny B a crap shag is really going for their egos. Why not go for the stuff they openly slag Johnny B being tight with money and Smacks being so into clothes and not farm work or even they both slag their willy size. I wonder are they trying to create hype for next week?

I hope they go nasty on her and call out why she's a deaperate singleton. They won't it'll be about her MMA or something tame.
Unfortunately the lads won't go after her too badly - they are too nice to do that.
Yeah you're right - they are far too nice for that. They won't call her out on her 'pick me' behaviour, and her obsession with male validation, and her shrieking and cackling, and inability to form a sentence without using 'emm...like...well ya know...like' throughout...

...instead they will mention the fact that she choked out a lad once 😴

• Haha

Lovesagawk

Hopefully they'll call it Andriu and Aifric as when they say her name 1st all I hear is "African Andrew " 😂😂

• Haha

CailínBeag

VIP Member
I dont think it's Maura.

The group has one or two fairly unhinged "fans" and it reads like someone who thinks they know them.

Goujon

Chatty Member
That interview was a classic example of people having absolutely nothing in common.

That's why Tommy Tiernan is such a gifted interviewer, he can figure out an angle no matter who he is talking to.

C1O2

Chatty Member
Aifric and the lads really are so well suited. You could hear how she was genuinely sad they were leaving. I think Maura likes to laugh at the lads and Aifric likes to laugh with them.

Also I thought it was strange how there was no voice note from her or well wish on their last day. There was loads of people they mentioned