The 2 Johnnies #6 Interviewing only fans girls for clout, but did ye hear? Maura choked a lad out!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maura is part of the podcast team in my opinion. None of them do enough to have their own thread so in my eyes anyone that is on the podcast is fair game. Maybe the word podcast could be in the next thread title.

Anyway all their songs are dire. Like the posters above I'm a massive fan of both podcasts and the radio show. They're not great on live TV either.

Reactions: 11
OK these are my thoughts:

Podcast: Great
Extra Pod: Even Better
Music: Hit and Miss. I really like some of the songs(Sinead, Noels Creamy Pints, When I Play for the County) , but some are derivative clangers (Honda Civic, Lights of San Francisco-Cork City)
Live shows: Good, in my experience. I was at a live podcast in the Opera House in Cork which was good, and Live at the Marquee which was excellent.
Radio: I generally hate pop radio, but I dont mind having them on in the background.
TV: I liked the 2 series in America and the one where they did different things like TikTok, or art or whatever. However the lock-in was terrible. And they did a NYE show as well I think, it was awful too IMO.

Reactions: 10
Maura was actually much more tolerable 2019-2020. I went back to listen to old podcasts. She then sadly got her head stuck up her arse for some reason.
She grinds on my gears mystery topics rotate between periods, throwing shade at friends and her her ex, her house or seeking validation from the lads.
I personally don't find her attractive in the slightest.
Not funny, cocky, doesn't dress appropriately for her shape her pronunciation of words etc.
I'd say she's jealous of Neil. I wasn't a massive fan of Neil, found him very boring but I find the last few podcasts he's funny and what he says is of relevance.
Re the lads I love the podcast and the radio show. Don't like the TV or music. And would stick pins in my eyes rather than go to a live show.
Also when listening back on old podcasts I noticed JB has lost his culchie accent a bit, not sure if it was half put on.

Reactions: 7
Absolutely love the podcast. Easily my most listened to. Pity they don't do live podcast shows. Imagine all the money they’d make! I’d be there in a shot.

As much as I love them, I have zero desire to listen to any of their songs or attend any of their concert-type gigs.

Reactions: 4
The video of the live podcast on Patreon that they did in Limerick is brilliant. I watched the part with Smacks and the birds around 50 times. It's hands down the funniest thing they ever released 😂

Reactions: 1
I could be on my own here but Johnny B spoke well on the mystery topic this week about deleting photos of an ex. He was more relatable and mentioned his therapist. I liked his take on it anyway!

Reactions: 14
I could be on my own here but Johnny B spoke well on the mystery topic this week about deleting photos of an ex. He was more relatable and mentioned his therapist. I liked his take on it anyway!
I love how open the 2 of them are about therapy - such an important thing to speak on, especially for men.

Really think he’s just a private person and a bit “different” to most so people don’t know what to make of him. Smacks is more open and comfortable in his own skin (possibly from being in a secure relationship for so long). From snippets here and there lately I feel JB is having a hard time. Maybe he’s realising he’s going for the wrong women constantly and trying to figure out what he wants for his personal life. I’ve even felt a bit of sadness in him recently. I think he might be lonely?

We can all relate or know of someone who pick wrong partners or unhappy in their personal life. Hope he gets it together, looks like he’s actively working on himself.

Maura’s breakup obviously hitting her hard too. She’s 40 this year, just finished her house and I’m sure she didn’t anticipate her long term relationship ending.

I know this isn’t a rave thread but find both Maura and JB get way too much stick for their love lives not working out. It’s very harsh! I feel sorry for them both in that regard.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Would ye not just set up a separate Maura thread?

This thread has been mostly Maura, Brenda or Julie the last while for the negativity....

Anyhow, I didn't get to listen to all the pod today, got as far as Done Deal I think.

Has Mrs Smacks ever been on the podcast at all? She sounds great.
Rant or rave, matters not.
Simply stating that most of the thread is Johnnyless.
How ironic you give out about others discussing people that aren't the 2Js, then ask about the wife of one of them 😂 I'd argue discussing Maura who is (pointlessly) on the pod (and the producer) is far more relevant 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love how open the 2 of them are about therapy - such an important thing to speak on, especially for men.
Absolutely. Great that they normalise it especially when they would have quite a large young male following.
---
Really think he’s just a private person and a bit “different” to most so people don’t know what to make of him. Smacks is more open and comfortable in his own skin (possibly from being in a secure relationship for so long). From snippets here and there lately I feel JB is having a hard time. Maybe he’s realising he’s going for the wrong women constantly and trying to figure out what he wants for his personal life. I’ve even felt a bit of sadness in him recently. I think he might be lonely?

We can all relate or know of someone who pick wrong partners or unhappy in their personal life. Hope he gets it together, looks like he’s actively working on himself.

Maura’s breakup obviously hitting her hard too. She’s 40 this year, just finished her house and I’m sure she didn’t anticipate her long term relationship ending.

I know this isn’t a rave thread but find both Maura and JB get way too much stick for their love lives not working out. It’s very harsh! I feel sorry for them both in that regard.
I think that Johnny B is having a bit of a rough time too. Of course relationships are not the be all and end all of life but I myself was single until I was 38 and there's lot of pressure in society, marriage, house, kids etc. Which I'm sure is 10 times worse when you're in the spotlight. It was good to hear them open up a bit. As much as Maura annoys me at times, it's a massive achievement to have built her house on her own. I would imagine they're both doing a lot of soul searching at the moment and it would be hugely difficult to do that and have such publicised break ups too. I suppose what I'm getting at is I too felt sorry for them after this weeks podcast. On another note, I'm far from a prude but was happy to hear less of the filth talk this week!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Does anyone know why Maura is on the podcast? I feel like she brings nothing to it and I often turn off when I hear her cackle which is a pity as I enjoy the lads

Reactions: 5
Absolutely. Great that they normalise it especially when they would have quite a large young male following.
---

I think that Johnny B is having a bit of a rough time too. Of course relationships are not the be all and end all of life but I myself was single until I was 38 and there's lot of pressure in society, marriage, house, kids etc. Which I'm sure is 10 times worse when you're in the spotlight. It was good to hear them open up a bit. As much as Maura annoys me at times, it's a massive achievement to have built her house on her own. I would imagine they're both doing a lot of soul searching at the moment and it would be hugely difficult to do that and have such publicised break ups too. I suppose what I'm getting at is I too felt sorry for them after this weeks podcast. On another note, I'm far from a prude but was happy to hear less of the filth talk this week!
Totally agree! Can you imagine if Maura and JB ended up together!? 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
I think JB loves being a lad...maybe this time is good for him being single. He seemed to jump from Aoife to Catfish Cora to Shauna in about 7 months.
I still think Aoife seemed lovely based on her voice note and I think she was on a Patreon episode over Covid. Apologies for mentioning her on this thread !
I also loved how JB mentioned therapy as there shouldn't be a stigma around it.
He always struck me as a bit of a cute hoor who'd say very little about himself, so I was surprised.
That's why I way prefer Smacks. He talks about Annie, his mam, sister, gran, moving house etc. Just makes him more natural and relatable
I know JB is 36/ 7 (?) but men don't have the same biological pressures as women.
I'd say he likes his own company (lives alone, solo travels and solo hikes).
He described his perfect woman a few episodes back. I hope he's moved on from the size 6 blonde bombshell model. Fair enough attraction is important but more too it

Reactions: 5
Just a plus one for Johnny B mentioning about seeing a therapist. That kind of openness can do a lot with the target audience of the pod

Reactions: 12
Slightly off topic but I am disappointed that they are sponsored by Betterhelp. They don't seem like a great company and so many influencers have discount codes which is always iffy. Lots of positive reviews online have affiliate links.

I hope he is seeing a proper therapist and not Betterhelp. His mate Trisha uses them but honestly, she needs in-depth in-person treatments.

Slightly off topic but I am disappointed that they are sponsored by Betterhelp. They don't seem like a great company and so many influencers have discount codes which is always iffy. Lots of positive reviews online have affiliate links.

I hope he is seeing a proper therapist and not Betterhelp. His mate Trisha uses them but honestly, she needs in-depth in-person treatments.
Same here, channel four did a bit of an expose on them, dodgy as. I wouldn’t touch them and am disheartened so many podcasts are advertising for them. Best way to find a therapist is through one of the governing bodies such as IACP but this doesn’t seem to be general knowledge..I only know as my friend is training as a therapist!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I agree with the above Johnny B came across quite mature on Mauras mystery topic this week re deleting photos of exs and there did seem to be a bit of sadness to him too. Did anyone else pick up on Smacks saying he has cut out family members from his life too, I know its not our business and family dynamics can be difficult but wondered if was perhaps his dad, it seems he grew up with a one parent family for most of his younger years and on an extra pod a long time back they did questions about their families and they totally left out anything relating to his dad. Smacks wears his heart on his sleeve and is so open about so much but maybe understandably this side of things is never mentioned

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.