Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Goujon

Chatty Member
They really have been and I have honestly enjoyed reading them. I'm still pissed that rte hired these 2 . They don't deserve the money they are on or all the publicity.
What money are they on? I never heard it mentioned- do you have the inside track?

Those lads built up a huge following from nothing first on social media and then via the podcast. They seem to me to be very hard working.
They got the 2FM gig as a result of their hard work. And now they have taken their show from the doldrums to be 2FMs top rated.

Contrast that to the nepo babies like Lottie Ryan and Doireann Garrihy who have had everything handed to them on a plate. Or SoCoDu who have the private school network and Daddy's money to fall back on.

One of these guys was a hurley maker. The other worked a series of jobs that he hated and came from a council house in Roscrea that was so small he had to go up the road to take a bath. The two of them jacked it in and bet the house on making it in entertainment. Who among us has shown that kind of guts?

Yeah the TV show is a dud. But at least they have tried. I think they have worked hard and earned their money fairly. Despite Irish begrudgery being alive and well, as evidenced here.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

trebor

Only recently subscribed to their Patreon, listening back on old episodes, and one from the beginning of 2021 when Johnny B was still with his ex, responding to correspondence from a listener called Shauna, he says "Shauna possibly Shauna Lindsay the Limerick influencer" to which Smacks goes "Jesus lad thats the most obscure reference you've ever made" makes you think was there something going on between them at that time 🤔 :oops:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

dothprotesttoomuch

Chatty Member
Because it's the 2Js podcast. They are likeable and have charisma. That's why they have gotten so far. Nothing to do with them not being female, they are just likeable people who do what they are good at. Though JB gets his fair share of (deserved) flak imo. Neil is boring, but quiet enough to not get talked about much. He does his background job mostly in the background. Maura is a producer who should also stay doing her day job; in the background with Neil. It's not her podcast but she inserts herself smack bang in the middle of it. Her elocution is shockingly bad. She positions herself as spokeswoman for all the females of Ireland when her knowledge is limited at best. She is the ultimate pick me and her "mystery topics" are just a further extension of this and people are sick of it and her. There is genuinely no reason for her to be there.

If the 2Js really want a female voice, they need to choose the right person for the job - no just give it to Maura out of gratitude or whatever. But that said, I listen for the 2Js and if they want a regular female podcaster alongside them, they should be marketing it as such and let people decide if they want to continue to listen. But Pick Me Maura and what she "hinks" is not the one.

TLDR: "women" don't get more hate compared to men. Maura gets more hate because it's not her pod but she cackles and inserts herself into everything with her stupid inane comments and people don't want to hear it. They are there to listen to the 2Js, whose actual pod it is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

jazzbot

VIP Member
What hold does Maura have over them!?

I was shocked to hear she was asked to do a reading at Smacks' wedding too.

She really needs to be off the air. I appreciate she probably does some great work behind the scenes (??) but this begging for attention on air leaves me with second hand cringe. I can't stand when she starts up 'eemmmm' My body tenses up. I really want to support the lads and I do think their 'orgin' story is endearing because I'm so sick of D4 losers on our airwaves but there's so much that needs fixing!!! In fairness the two have matured alot since their early days.

Reactions: 21

surlook

VIP Member
I haven't listened to all of the podcast yet I got as far as Smacks talking about New York. I cringed so hard when Maura asked what the manachan that was replacing her was wearing. She thought the manachan would be naked or wearing just a bra. The lads do not see her like that - does she not realise that at this stage? When she said she was sitting at home naked she did not get a response she expected. I laughed when Johnny B said it was inappropriate. The whole thing was so awkward.

I'd say JB is nervous when hanging out with Maura and Trisha Lewis now that he's single 🫣

I agree that Maura is less annoying these days. Maybe the breakup knocked her confidence. I wouldn't want that for her in real life but her bravado didn't add anything to the pod.
What was I on this morning when I spelt mannequin like that? 🤯🤯 I'm so embarrassed! Poor spell check hadn't a clue how to help me either it was so wrong!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
On today's episode Maura said that she doesn't want to sell her old dresses on Depop as she is worried 'pervert men' will buy them.

🙃

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20

surlook

VIP Member
Try hards who’ve spent years trying to be famous and would’ve sold their grannies to get on RTE now whining about being asked for selfies when they go out. 🙄
Ah that is harsh. They have been working hard with that podcast and travelling around the country doing live shows in GAA halls. They put the work in.

Reactions: 19

Blue1989

VIP Member
What do make of that Garron Noone guy who was on this week? I never followed him but he kept coming up on my feed and was annoying me so I blocked him. He came across well in the interview so now I'm wondering if I was too hasty.
I think he's absolutely hilarious personally

Reactions: 19

Tellyawhat

I agree the Lyra interview was excellent i genuinely laughed out Loud when she talked about looking like a thumb without make up. She's a great character, her music isnt really my taste but delighted for her doing so well. Also probably enjoyed that episode more because it was Annie instead of Maura. In summary Maura is the problem could she have a more off air role!?!

Reactions: 18

jazzbot

VIP Member
I could be on my own here but Johnny B spoke well on the mystery topic this week about deleting photos of an ex. He was more relatable and mentioned his therapist. I liked his take on it anyway!
Really think he’s just a private person and a bit “different” to most so people don’t know what to make of him. Smacks is more open and comfortable in his own skin (possibly from being in a secure relationship for so long). From snippets here and there lately I feel JB is having a hard time. Maybe he’s realising he’s going for the wrong women constantly and trying to figure out what he wants for his personal life. I’ve even felt a bit of sadness in him recently. I think he might be lonely?

We can all relate or know of someone who pick wrong partners or unhappy in their personal life. Hope he gets it together, looks like he’s actively working on himself.

Maura’s breakup obviously hitting her hard too. She’s 40 this year, just finished her house and I’m sure she didn’t anticipate her long term relationship ending.

I know this isn’t a rave thread but find both Maura and JB get way too much stick for their love lives not working out. It’s very harsh! I feel sorry for them both in that regard.

• Heart

MsMoMo

I feel like Maura was so vindictive in her mystery topic today. First of all she railroaded in that story about talking to the girl who wanted to get with Neil, it didn’t even really fit with the topic. She openly admitted herself she had been dying to bring it up for a while. At no point did she clarify whether that girl had messaged Neil before or after he got in a relationship, nor did she herself tell the girl that Neil wasn’t interested because he is in a relationship.all the guys were so awkward about it, could tell they couldn’t believe she was bringing it up and it was almost like she left some of it purposely vague so Neil couldn’t fully explain his side of things as he didn’t seem 100% sure who she was talking about. I don’t like Maura on the pod at the best of times but this was a new low even for her. From what I’ve seen on insta Neil has an absolutely stunning new girlfriend, seems to be involved in theatre/the arts so is talented too. Hopefully this won’t rock the boat in the new relationship. What a spiteful woman Maura is, she needs to cop the fuck on and grow up, she’s almost 40 for gods sake, I feel like she will be the pods downfall

Catfish Hunter

She's not on this week's podcast, I wonder will she become more of an occasional guest rather than a regular. I don't dislike her but I thought her mystery topic last week was beyond pathetic. It's a tired segment anyway. Over 200 episodes into the podcast there's only so many mystery topics.

On the subject of pints 2024 they mentioned this week that they're considering a different venue, I'd like it if it wasn't Dublin or Cork personally. They were a bit annoyed last year at the prices of hotels in Cork
Anyone else think Annie should replace Maura on the podcast?

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
What was I on this morning when I spelt mannequin like that? 🤯🤯 I'm so embarrassed! Poor spell check hadn't a clue how to help me either it was so wrong!
When I was reading it, I was half asleep and thought you were referring to this guy....

1706776754384.png

🙈🙈🙈😂😂😂😂

• Haha

Casperoo

Chatty Member
I don’t know what to make of it to tell you the truth. Like on the late late show, smacks talking about being married, having kids. And then there was Johnny B.
Just to put it out there, not everyone wants to marry and have kids. I'm around their age, a woman, I am engaged, no kids , and we don't want them either. Marriage isn't on everyone's lists of priorities. Each to their own though. Everyone should do whatever makes them happy imo

• Heart

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Hate that ‘pick me’ bollocks dissing women who do get on better with lads. I always have cos less drama.
It's not even about women who get on better with lads.
A 'pick me' applies to women like Maura who insists she is not like other girls and in doing that she sneers at other women etc. The boss bitch tough girl farmers daughter who chokes lads out for fun is so forced and try hard.

• Haha

marymac19

VIP Member
We bumped in to just the two of them on Harcourt Street. Looked like a proper love story. Both out enjoying themselves having banter - just the two of them like there was no one was watching. Goals if anything. Best of luck to them!
This is clearly posted to rile up Shauna 'new member'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16