Terrie McEvoy #3 Spent Xmas in hospital, finger seems fine, able to tan, sell & drink wine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t want to go into too much detail as I work In the fertility / maternity / gynaecological area im a doctor . But basically both terrie and another instahun advertised fertility and then came on pregnant a few months . So an observer could say that they had been having treatment and upon the treatment working — there was an agreement to do an IG post where they don’t specifically call out their own fertility issues with a cost price reduction agreed ! But .... but highlight in detail what someone could do so they choose to..not mentioning their own . and then a possibly agreement to not announce for another 3-4 months ( as would be the norm) thus allowing enough of a time lag between the fertility post and the pregnancy announcement.. someone could then observe that these bloggers with both never
Really go into too much detail about their ttc journey as to not blow the illusion of “ we tried for 2 months and got pregnant “ .. this is what some one could observe / draw conclusions from but I’m not saying anymore 🤣🤣
If that is true, and I think a very big if.... It would be a shockingly bad tactic from. REPROMED and Sims (one of the Ryan's, never can tell them apart.)

I think the Ryan one was pregnant a good while after the collab. I would honestly question the marketing directors state of mind if they went down this route. As in yes we will assist them getting pregnant but they have the right not to speak about it as will make out its natural. BIZARRE

I hate to generalise and stereo type and my post isn’t meant to be offensive. I understand that women don’t need to discuss their body or choices with people, I get that. I also feel that unless you’ve been through fertility issues or tough choices to have a baby/not have a baby (when we planned to get pregnant we knew it could affect my MS & result in me having a colostomy bag and 7 months after my baby was born I had the surgery for the bag 😑) you maybe just don’t fully understand the hurt anger and frustration of people regarding Terrie here. Most people think about contacting an IVF/fertility clinic for ages before they do. It’s the fear of admitting you’re having a problem (mainly to yourself/partner) and also the huge cost. While of course if the end result is a healthy baby, it will still leave you with stresses and anxieties you never had previously. You’ll know more about ovulation, progesterone, AMH levels etc than a science teacher sometimes. Even outside of clinics, unexplained or delayed fertility even between you and your partner can turn sex into some kind of chore and you’re left questioning do you really love him , because if you did surely sex shouldn’t feel like a chore? You’ll be hiding all this from workmates and friends because you don’t want to have to tell them all if it doesn’t work. Fertility clinics are so much more traumatic (even if they result in a baby for you) that this is not just about Terrie being their BA. If you haven’t been through the ringer of emotions, costs, hurt, hope, lost hope, worry, and worry for another 40 weeks if you do get pregnant because you can’t believe it. It’s simply not the same even IF Terrie tried for a few months with David before it happened. I don’t expect anyone to agree with me if they haven’t been through it, I’m not seeking a row. I’m just trying to show you, being a brand ambassador for a fertility clinic is not just about not getting pregnant the first month or 2 you try naturally. It can ruin your relationship, finances and mental health and it may not always work either. She was BA for a dental place later as they did her braces. If they hadn’t done her braces it would be a complete scam. This is the same, but on a more serious, hurtful way. If she did get fertility assistance, being a BA is/was her opportunity yesterday to tell us that. Because if someone is recommending a fertility clinic to me- I need to hear it from someone who has been through all of the trauma of it. Sorry for the rant. I just feel it’s impossible to understand it completely unless you’re having or had fertility issues 💋

Very good post and agree with you. Tbh as someone who went through it too, you do a lot of your own research. As you said we know way more about our cycle and fertility, cervical mucas, swimmers (well ours didn't swim and were abnormally shaped 😂) etc than our own GPS.

An instshun would not make me choose a clinic. I was part of multiple online forums and FB groups of women struggling to conceive and we were a wealth of knowledge. The FB group I was in was a life saver.

I think sometimes these collab are just to get people talking and not really for people really struggling. I remember Rosemary Maccabe doing an AMH test years ago and she assumed she had issues because of the result. But we know AMH is only a guide and not that useful. It only takes one egg. And look at her know, pregnant.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I think of they got someone like Sile Seoige who has been open about her struggle then it would be more realistic and relatable.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If that is true, and I think a very big if.... It would be a shockingly bad tactic from. REPROMED and Sims (one of the Ryan's, never can tell them apart.)

I think the Ryan one was pregnant a good while after the collab. I would honestly question the marketing directors state of mind if they went down this route. As in yes we will assist them getting pregnant but they have the right not to speak about it as will make out its natural. BIZARRE

Very good post and agree with you. Tbh as someone who went through it too, you do a lot of your own research. As you said we know way more about our cycle and fertility, cervical mucas, swimmers (well ours didn't swim and were abnormally shaped 😂) etc than our own GPS.

An instshun would not make me choose a clinic. I was part of multiple online forums and FB groups of women struggling to conceive and we were a wealth of knowledge. The FB group I was in was a life saver.

I think sometimes these collab are just to get people talking and not really for people really struggling. I remember Rosemary Maccabe doing an AMH test years ago and she assumed she had issues because of the result. But we know AMH is only a guide and not that useful. It only takes one egg. And look at her know, pregnant.
In fairness to Lottie she came out and said she wanted to freeze her eggs and then discovered she was pregnant. She said it a few times on the radio

Reactions: 6
the 100 tests she used while trying says otherwise.
Shes prob been reading here & the 100 tests was just thrown in to take from the backlash..shes clever out put nothing past her..this is the girl who duped nurses to travel to Oz under false pretences!!!

Reactions: 16
In fairness to Lottie she came out and said she wanted to freeze her eggs and then discovered she was pregnant. She said it a few times on the radio
I don't know, I just find that a very 'in' thing to say. As in I want to live my life and not let kids get in the way so I want to freeze my eggs.

Admittedly I have no idea of her back story but I find it very odd to say that unless say the person had cancer (or was medically advised to do so for whatever reason) and was advised to do so.

Reactions: 1

Could you give me names of any of those forums please. I’d like to recommend them to my best friend who’s going through this at the moment 😔

Loads of comments on the Repromed post with Terrie from a few weeks ago, all in the last 2 days since she announced her pregnancy. It's vindicating to see the clinic and her being held to some accountability but I doubt either will respond.

Reactions: 7
Could you give me names of any of those forums please. I’d like to recommend them to my best friend who’s going through this at the moment 😔
Of course.

Roller-coaster. Ie has a number of active forums that are helpful. https://rollercoaster.ie/community/fertility-issues/

I found the FB private group ivf and me very helpful. As it's private you cannot find it (as most women do like this to be very private). But you can locate the FB page through here. https://www.ivfnme.com/

The girl who set it up Orla went through ivf too so set up the private group. It's very helpful and informative. I basically learned everything I needed to know here. Irish based too which is helpful

Good luck to your friend. I found the FB group better as it was more instant and the women were a great support to each other

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone else find it mental that a fertility clinic would even have a BA, Terrie or otherwise. Like the clinic I’ve attended is extremely busy all the time with waiting lists, I assumed others around the country would be similar?

Reactions: 20
If their aim was to open the chat about fertility I understand it but I don't think it was. Because if that was their aim they would pick people who do speak about their fertility... I learned SO much bout fertility and cycles off looking at sineadhingston on Instagram. She is so open about her journey, so informative, has great guest speakers on, and really and truly normalises the conversation around fertility. The campaign with Terrie failed on all of those accounts!

Reactions: 7
All of this speculation and outrage has really dampened Terries baby announcement (which is wonderful news) i hope maybe she and others like her might learn that accepting every BA deal that comes your way comes with a cost (as well as a fat cheque!)
I totally respect her any anyone elses privacy on the topic of pregnancy and fertility and i dont expect her to disclose any info that she doeant want to...its no ones business...but its just so disappointing that Repromed teamed up with an influencer
Women need to stick together and not participate in the commodification of our bodies and reproductive system, patricularly on social media
Shame on Terrie and shame on Repromed

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I do find it odd that a fertility clinic used her. Not just her but any influencer. Could you imagine any other medical practice using social media to trawl for patients..

Reactions: 5
Of course.

Roller-coaster. Ie has a number of active forums that are helpful. https://rollercoaster.ie/community/fertility-issues/

I found the FB private group ivf and me very helpful. As it's private you cannot find it (as most women do like this to be very private). But you can locate the FB page through here. https://www.ivfnme.com/

The girl who set it up Orla went through ivf too so set up the private group. It's very helpful and informative. I basically learned everything I needed to know here. Irish based too which is helpful

Good luck to your friend. I found the FB group better as it was more instant and the women were a great support to each other
Thank you. I’m never sure how to be helpful and supportive.

Could it not also be a possibility that this is an unplanned pregnancy?
She could have agreed to the fertility collab simply because as she said, she's aware it's an issue for a lot of people including friends of hers and wanted it to be openly discussed.
Maybe she didn't realise she was pregnant at the time she signed up to the collab.
Some of the choices she has made recently doesn't seem to have had a baby in mind, such as buying the camper van for example.
She has almost completed her college assignments which I assume is to further her career.
She has been talking non-stop throughout the pandemic about travelling again with David.
I realise these are all things you can also do while pregnant or with a baby/toddler.
I just personally think it may have been unplanned and so to cover their disappointment that all their future plans will have to change, they are going to extremes to show how thrilled they are by filming that over-the-top video of them hugging!
I'm sure when they get over the shock of it, they will be delighted and make new plans as most expectant parents of an unplanned pregnancy do.
But that's just my take on it all. I could be completely wrong of course .... but just throwing out another angle to look at it from, that's all.
They were trying have a look at her comment here
C05B5996-6B15-4FB0-8363-41356358BD90.png

I hate to generalise and stereo type and my post isn’t meant to be offensive. I understand that women don’t need to discuss their body or choices with people, I get that. I also feel that unless you’ve been through fertility issues or tough choices to have a baby/not have a baby (when we planned to get pregnant we knew it could affect my MS & result in me having a colostomy bag and 7 months after my baby was born I had the surgery for the bag 😑) you maybe just don’t fully understand the hurt anger and frustration of people regarding Terrie here. Most people think about contacting an IVF/fertility clinic for ages before they do. It’s the fear of admitting you’re having a problem (mainly to yourself/partner) and also the huge cost. While of course if the end result is a healthy baby, it will still leave you with stresses and anxieties you never had previously. You’ll know more about ovulation, progesterone, AMH levels etc than a science teacher sometimes. Even outside of clinics, unexplained or delayed fertility even between you and your partner can turn sex into some kind of chore and you’re left questioning do you really love him , because if you did surely sex shouldn’t feel like a chore? You’ll be hiding all this from workmates and friends because you don’t want to have to tell them all if it doesn’t work. Fertility clinics are so much more traumatic (even if they result in a baby for you) that this is not just about Terrie being their BA. If you haven’t been through the ringer of emotions, costs, hurt, hope, lost hope, worry, and worry for another 40 weeks if you do get pregnant because you can’t believe it. It’s simply not the same even IF Terrie tried for a few months with David before it happened. I don’t expect anyone to agree with me if they haven’t been through it, I’m not seeking a row. I’m just trying to show you, being a brand ambassador for a fertility clinic is not just about not getting pregnant the first month or 2 you try naturally. It can ruin your relationship, finances and mental health and it may not always work either. She was BA for a dental place later as they did her braces. If they hadn’t done her braces it would be a complete scam. This is the same, but on a more serious, hurtful way. If she did get fertility assistance, being a BA is/was her opportunity yesterday to tell us that. Because if someone is recommending a fertility clinic to me- I need to hear it from someone who has been through all of the trauma of it. Sorry for the rant. I just feel it’s impossible to understand it completely unless you’re having or had fertility issues 💋
I am going through ivf at the moment after 2 failed rounds i found Terrie's post v upsetting. While very happy for them and wouldn't begrudge anyone their happy news i felt as a Ba for this clinic she should have none that you put * trigger warning * ahead of these announcements.
The fact that a lot of women followed her on the back of this campaign had no warning and then the follow up video with the pregnancy test was an even bigger shock. Having never seen 2 lines on a test before I burst out crying and had to unfollow.
She could have shared this news in a more sensitive manner and stated how lucky they were and to clarify she will come on to chat about it etc.
Maybe she had trouble herself but anyone who has needed fertility treatment would have known this way of posting the announcement was utterly distasteful so for that alone it had to be natural.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She is blocking anyone who comments on the Repromed post. She truly is a vile individual. How can she block genuine women with fertility issues because they are upset? For a nurse she is lacking empathy

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I am going through ivf at the moment after 2 failed rounds i found Terrie's post v upsetting. While very happy for them and wouldn't begrudge anyone their happy news i felt as a Ba for this clinic she should have none that you put * trigger warning * ahead of these announcements.
The fact that a lot of women followed her on the back of this campaign had no warning and then the follow up video with the pregnancy test was an even bigger shock. Having never seen 2 lines on a test before I burst out crying and had to unfollow.
She could have shared this news in a more sensitive manner and stated how lucky they were and to clarify she will come on to chat about it etc.
Maybe she had trouble herself but anyone who has needed fertility treatment would have known this way of posting the announcement was utterly distasteful so for that alone it had to be natural.
Huge hugs to you. I hope your lines come soon. Wishing you and all the others going through this journey all the very best.

I think if this was Terries first mistake then it might hit gave riled people up as much. But in top of all the other extremely shady things she’s done this is the most hurtful. She didn’t even do a great job promoting them or opening the conversation.

Anyway if it’s hurt you it’s on them. Try let them off and concentrate on minding yourself and your own mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As someone who has had miscarriages and fertility issues and has no children, I find scan photos extremely traumatic and upsetting. I can just imagine all the women who followed her due to her collab with repromed being crushed by those photos and pregnancy tests. She has a right to be happy, of course she does. I don’t think anyone here is saying she doesn’t. It’s great for her but the issue is the collaboration for a lot of people. I do like that rosemary maccabe puts a trigger warning before any of her pregnancy related posts and scan pictures because it really helps people like me who just get so down when they see them. It’s not like we are not happy for other women getting pregnant but it can drag out a lot of feelings of failure, sadness and heartache for us who are struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Only she knows the truth behind how she got pregnant and how long it took, whether it was naturally or through IVF. She might come on and tell people in time. Regardless of what her journey was, to be a BA for a company that deals with fertility issues and then to plaster her pregnancy all over her social media must be so hurtful to some people. I presume she gained a lot of followers recently that are struggling with fertility because of her new venture. What a kick in the teeth for them.
Yep and guarantee she will say she had treatment even if she didn't just to save the back lash my friend messaged her asking this and why was she having anything to do with a fertility clinic if she was already pregnant. And terrie blocked her..

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Guarantee she will claim "poor me" and say this "trolling" is causing her and her baby extra stress but really she has brought all of this on herself for being a selfish, untrustworthy money grabber

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.