Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I really do wish Djokovic was more likeable, because I’d love to be able to appreciate his playing as he is an incredibly talented player.

Phenomenal at tennis, shit in every other respect. 🙁
same. he moves in such a balletic way that it would be wonderful to watch if i wasn’t always so actively wanting him to lose 🤣

likewise i would respect how easily he’s able to move up and down the gears during a match… if i wasn’t always so actively wanting him to lose.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

RedPotter

I would really love for Ruud to win a slam he's been in a few finals now, I really thought the French Open this year was going to be his year!

Restless Native

VIP Member
I seen Emma Radacanu turned down an Olympic wildcard. I get that she doesn't like Clay and won't win but it's not every year you get to play at the Olympics. Who's to say she will get the opportunity again especially with her injury record

Restless Native

VIP Member
Yes it’s already available to watch on the BBC iplayer. I watched it last night. Nothing new in it from other ones they’ve made about him but it does makes you appreciate how much he achieved in the same era as Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, especially his Olympic achievements. Well worth a watch.
I used to often bemoan that he was part of that era because it was a case of think of all the titles and slams he could have won in a different one. Now I think playing in that era lifted his performances and made him a better player. One of if not the finest athlete this wee country of mine has ever produced.

I'm actually getting a bit emotional thinking about that era ending. Lots of new exciting young players but I will never be invested they way I was from 2004 to about 2017

Last edited:
  • Heart

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Off topic but Annabel is looking really well. It was so sad last year when it wasn’t long since her husband died and you could see the strain on her face.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
Absolutely! Djok has also denied the fans seeing a potentially cracking semi-final. What a selfish b******.
Yes tbh I feel sorry for the fans who’ve paid a lot of money for a ticket, annoyed me when Nadal did the same at Wimbledon a few years ago and gave Krygios a free pass to the final. I don’t so much feel for the player, he had chances to win and didn’t🤷🏻‍♀️

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Two women have accused him. He has lost his cool in violent manners while being on camera, doing his job. Yeah, you’re totally utterly innocent, you fucking monster. Germany is basically still 50 years behind when it comes to believing women who talk about abuse. The misogynistic tale of „she says this for the money/fame“ is widespread, and not just in the media or comment sections.

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
Thanks for making this thread. My fav app for following scores is TNNS live.

I'm in a bit of a desert right now seeing that Rafa is absent and I've not found someone who ignites the same emotion in me. There are many I love to watch but just not to that same intensity.

I hope Thiem can regain some consistency. He seems like such a nice guy. I imagine wrist surgery is horrifying anyway but when you're a one-hander...hideous.

• Heart

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Andy was having a scan today and Judy posted this, so I’m wondering if it’s ruled him out of Wimbledon and the Olympics?

Well done to Jack. I missed the match but will watch the highlights. This makes me laugh!

Attachments

• Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
Maybw Djokovic benefited hugely from the cold Paris weather. He was really struggling at 20c heat the other day, but props for giving non-europeans a good match to watch live.

If Moutet gets through later I could see him being a finalist. However I'm still rooting for the king of leggings Meddy or Ruud.

Rune Zverev could get spicy

Yel

Chatty Member
Meddy or Ruud for the win, I'm edging towards the former with his fashion :cool:
GOnPaBiWEAAnXKj.jpeg

Yel

Chatty Member
tumblr_m6uroy4wzb1rw1cfgo1_500.jpg

Time for the yearly post to highlight the dizzy highs of Andrew castle's tennis career.

Even when I lived in the UK and 4k Wimbledon was available with no ads i'd switch over to ESPN to view the ads and blurry pic just to avoid the guy.