Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hannah123

VIP Member
I always forget, is it Ruud or Rune who loses his cool? I so rarely watch those two 😁
I couldn’t think of a word so loses cool probably wasn’t right, but I meant he seems prone to choking in big circumstances, like it just gets too big in his head rather than loses his cool in a screams and smashes rackets up kinda way. Now he’s got over that barrier of winning an ATP500 maybe it’ll help push him over the line, considering he’s reached the final here the past two years. Every time I watch Ruud I struggle to not think he’s actually Niall Horans brother😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

pecan

Chatty Member
This is painful. Carlos was serving for the set and now Zverev has taken it. The prick.

His gamesmanship during that last game was RIDICULOUS. Every serve he was bouncing a million times, toss and catching, changing a ball for another one. Get in the bin. 🗑

• Angry

Humphrey Rudge

Chatty Member
Out of all the players that are currently in the top 10 who do you want to see win a slam next that hasn't already done so. I would mind seeing Grigor or Casper winning a slam next.
I’d like to see Dimitrov do it but it won’t happen. Playing quite well these days but now 32 and rarely reaches the semi of a slam. Couldn’t see him beating Novak, Sinner, Alcaraz or Med in the latter stages of a slam.

Humphrey Rudge

Chatty Member
I feel the French and Wimbledon will be so sad saying goodbye to Rafa and I think Andy and still Novak keeps going 🙄
Novak has just been well beaten in two sets by Tabilo. Age may finally be catching up with him. I guess we'll find out at the grand slams if he really is in decline or if he simply isn't giving his all at the non grand slam events.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Rublev. But I want him to get some help for his mental problems first because his behavior recently is worrying.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
I hope Jack Draper can keep fit from now, he’s a great player already but if he can get a good run he’s gonna be amazing. Hasn’t played since the start of the year and still makes the 4th round and had a good game against Rublev. I need a new British number 1, the ups and downs Cam Norrie takes you on are too much to take😩😩

veronica71

VIP Member
If I watch my first ever French open only to see either Novak or Zverev win I think I might get rowdy like the crowd!

hannah123

VIP Member
Murray Berrettini is such an annoying first round draw, I want Andy to win just obviously but want Matteo to get the boost he needs after his injury problems.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I like Sinner but he is rarely able to beat other top ten players. Maybe winning Toronto will give him a boost. Love that Carlos not only commented on Jannik‘s insta post but also congratulated him via his stories. He so clearly roots for Jannik to become his main rival among the younger players.

I don’t think Carlos not winning here means too much in terms of how much he’ll advance at the US Open :)

• Heart

londongirl2001

VIP Member
How on earth is Zverev allowed to touch the umpire, he basically just tried to pull him towards what he thought was the correct mark 😵💫🙄🙄🙄

• Wow

londongirl2001

VIP Member
The bad thing is obviously that Rafa isn’t his old self and that Zverev brings the confidence of a recent masters win with him. Good thing is that the audience will be on Nadal‘s side and that Zverev still folds under pressure.
*prayer circle*

LaBlonde

VIP Member
A thread for everything tennis as there might be interest seeing as how the Wimbledon thread was quite busy this year.

Next big event is Toronto which is a 1000 for both and first rounds start 7th Aug.

Then the US Open 28 Aug 2023 – Sun, 10 Sept 2023
yay, thanks yel! it was great seeing the wimbledon thread so busy and i had fun watching the final with you all - hopefully this is busy too 💙

(i promise not to spam this thread with photos of matteo berrettini even though i really want to 🫡)

veronica71

VIP Member
How can we get rid of Andrew Castle?!!?

Someone mentioned a tennis app on here a little while ago ...... I can't find it. I want to follow not just the grand slams?

Yel

Chatty Member
Nadal first round Zverev, prayers 🙏

Anyone but djokovic does not apply until Zverev has been knocked out
Screenshot_20240523_153833_X.jpg

• Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
He's putting less than 50% effort in, I wonder what's going on medically that he's keeping secret.

To think people thought this would be the year he gets the golden slam, and in this shape he's not going to win anything.