Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LipstickCherry

I've just watched Nadal v Hurkacz. I've never been a Rafa fan. It's always been Andy Murray and a little bit of Federer for me. However, I was quite emotional as Rafa left the court in Rome. An absolute legend whether you're a fan or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Hannahebee

VIP Member
It's hard to believe that Carlos is now only one away from the Career Grand Slam at 21 years of age.

hannah123

VIP Member
Great for Katie Boulter winning her first WTA500, she’s having a great year atm, now ranked the highest Brit male or female. Basically no points to defend until grass season as well, so real chance of getting in top 20.

Anyone else think she has a slight Australian twang to her voice here 😂

• Heart

veronica71

VIP Member
I liked them both so happy for Sinner but feel a bit gutted for medvedev who played so amazingly in those first two sets

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
I’m going to Wimbledon for the first time this year, have centre court tickets for day 1. I’m taking my dad, who has also never been, as it’s been a bucket list thing for him. We’re quite excited!

I do miss seeing Roger and Rafa on the court, although my dad can’t stand Nadals little quirks 😂

Yel

Chatty Member
Well hopefully that highlights the rampant bee abuse in CA!
Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 07.36.03.png

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 07.40.49.png

---
How are they going to resume play today? Still bees everywhere. Realistically they need to empty the place and probably spray something nasty.
Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 08.06.01.png

---
A bee vacuum is out
Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 08.19.27.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7

Restless Native

VIP Member
I've just watched Nadal v Hurkacz. I've never been a Rafa fan. It's always been Andy Murray and a little bit of Federer for me. However, I was quite emotional as Rafa left the court in Rome. An absolute legend whether you're a fan or not.
I was never a fan of Rafa either but it's the real end of a golden era for tennis imo. I don't think il ever be quite as invested again in it. The big 4 was an awesome time

pecan

Chatty Member
The opening ceremony for the men’s final was…interesting 😂

Carlos needs to win this. Let’s manifest it together. 🙏
I almost don’t want to watch.

I really do wish Djokovic was more likeable, because I’d love to be able to appreciate his playing as he is an incredibly talented player.

Phenomenal at tennis, shit in every other respect. 🙁

londongirl2001

VIP Member
this is amazing 🤣

there’s one thing you can’t coach yourself to have, novak - and that’s natural likeability and charm. which alcaraz has in spades. it’s so funny to see how much it bothers him.
It bothered him with Federer and Nadal too and to this day he can’t figure out why people liked them better than him. That’s why he’s chasing all these records - he thinks it will get him the respect they received throughout their careers. He doesn’t understand that Roger in particular has transcended tennis - he is a global superstar and gets praise from people outside the sport. Something Novaxx will never have. Respect for his achievements, yes. But never any admiration for who he is. And now there’s a super young guy who had audiences adore and root for him from day 1. It’s got to kill him.

hannah123

VIP Member
Them hyping him up on Eurosport for him beating Rafa at this tournament being such a big moment. With all due respect to Rafa anyone in the top 20 would have had a decent chance of beating him at the moment. It’s not exactly Alcaraz beating Novak at Wimbledon or Sinner doing it at Aus Open.

Get this Queen on commentary instead

• Heart

pecan

Chatty Member
I’m so sick of Andrew Castle, he’s just a prick. I might have misheard but I’m sure he just referred to Rinky Hijikata as ‘Rinky-dink’ before his winners interview. I know it’s not just me who finds him so disrespectful! When is he going to retire ffs he ruins every match he commentates over. 🙄

• Heart

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I think this year is the last time we’ll see Andy and Rafa play on the tour. I know it’s been years since they were at the top of their game, but the sport still won’t be the same once they retire.

• Sad
  • Heart

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Djokovic has totally ruined the sport I love

The fact there's literally no one (barring Alcaraz when he isn't injured or Medvedev when he plays out of his skin) that can stand up to Noledemort on a regular basis shows just how weak this era is

Sick of it!
Totally agree. We’re looking at some dire years ahead and sadly, I can only partly blame Novaxx. If I were him and knew that barely anyone among the younger players are at that level, then I wouldn’t retire either. He’s free to break every possible record and keep those records for a loooong time, because there is nobody coming up. I fully expect him to win the calendar slam next year.
When Sampras retired with all those grand slam titles, Federer was already there, literally beating the man at Wimbledon and then taking over. With him came Nadal and Djokovic (a bit later). You had players like Murray too. If poor old Delpo‘s body hadn’t betrayed him like that, he would have won more than one grand slam title, I‘m sure. But right now, men‘s tennis isn’t looking great. I see the talent in players like Sinner, Ruud, Rune, Rublev etc. but it seems like a lot has to come together for any of them to win a title. Medvedev is the only one who gets closer to the big titles.
As for Alcaraz, I fear his body is going to give in rather sooner than later. His exhausting way of playing seems to catch up with him towards the end of seasons, which is understandable. I just hope he can avoid any major injuries.