Tennis 🎾

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread for everything tennis as there might be interest seeing as how the Wimbledon thread was quite busy this year.

Next big event is Toronto which is a 1000 for both and first rounds start 7th Aug.

Then the US Open 28 Aug 2023 – Sun, 10 Sept 2023

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you. I’m interested as I follow the scores every day & watch as much as I can including any of the smaller tournaments that are available on Amazon Prime UK.

Reactions: 4
Since Novaxx can now freely enter the US I guess he would.

It’s not the rivalry I want to see though, to be honest. I just wish there wasn’t such talent gap in the age group between these two. Guys like Tsitsipas or Zverev (as much as I hate him) should be up there as well, heating up things, but they can’t beat Novak nor Carlos. The two Americans in the top ten, Fritz and Tiafoe, just don’t scream slam winners to me, tbh. Among the younger ones, Sinner, Rune and Ruud are all talented but still not quite there yet. Jannik especially really needs to start beating more top ten players. Matteo looked promising a few years ago but has been let down by his body.
It’s just not a very satisfactory situation if a 20 year old‘s biggest rival is a 36 year old, imho. Obviously, if Carlos dominates the scene, I wouldn’t be unhappy lol. But I need his contemporaries to step up.
I thought it was a bit of a shame that Alcaraz beat djokovic beat this year as it takes out a lot of the interest if he's already beat him on grass and after he's had quite a rest leading up to it.

I remain unconvinced that Sinner will ever win a slam. But Rune could easily progress a lot more in the next year, I'd put my money on him. Alcaraz is a bit of a freak of nature to develop so much so young, hopefully a handful of others reach his level soon.

A thread for everything tennis as there might be interest seeing as how the Wimbledon thread was quite busy this year.

Next big event is Toronto which is a 1000 for both and first rounds start 7th Aug.

Then the US Open 28 Aug 2023 – Sun, 10 Sept 2023
yay, thanks yel! it was great seeing the wimbledon thread so busy and i had fun watching the final with you all - hopefully this is busy too 💙

(i promise not to spam this thread with photos of matteo berrettini even though i really want to 🫡)

Thanks for making this thread. My fav app for following scores is TNNS live.

I'm in a bit of a desert right now seeing that Rafa is absent and I've not found someone who ignites the same emotion in me. There are many I love to watch but just not to that same intensity.

I hope Thiem can regain some consistency. He seems like such a nice guy. I imagine wrist surgery is horrifying anyway but when you're a one-hander...hideous.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
it was great seeing the wimbledon thread so busy and i had fun watching the final with you all
I'm going to have to totally eat my words about calling IBM tit on the last thread for saying Alcaraz had a 55% chance of winning :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I remain unconvinced that Sinner will ever win a slam. But Rune could easily progress a lot more in the next year, I'd put my money on him. Alcaraz is a bit of a freak of nature to develop so much so young, hopefully a handful of others reach his level soon.
if i was putting my money on only one, i would say rune too. but it is crazy to think of how big the quality gap is right now.

i used to be a big taylor fritz believer but i think he just hasn’t got the right mindset at all, he’s likely going to be another bernard tomic and just never truly live up to his potential. also i intensely intensely dislike him but i think kyrigos is going to go down as a complete wasted talent. capable of moments of brilliance when he’s engaged, but very rarely was.
---
I'm going to have to totally eat my words about calling IBM tit on the last thread for saying Alcaraz had a 55% chance of winning :LOL:
i did a 🤣 to that post so right there with you! i just looked and i think i said alcaraz was just too
fragile in big moments still. how happily wrong we both were!

I love Tennis. I wish more of the tournaments were on 'normal' TV here.

Reactions: 9
Probably been said many times but how unlucky is Andy Murray to have been around for this generation of men's tennis? Never been an avid fan, more generally interested but thinking back to the 1st Wimbledon I watched, around the late 80s and I can't remember a time when there were 3 genuine legends all at the same time and all for the same time period. It must feel like being a 100m runner at the same time as Usain Bolt.

Thanks for making this thread. My fav app for following scores is TNNS live.

I'm in a bit of a desert right now seeing that Rafa is absent and I've not found someone who ignites the same emotion in me. There are many I love to watch but just not to that same intensity.

I hope Thiem can regain some consistency. He seems like such a nice guy. I imagine wrist surgery is horrifying anyway but when you're a one-hander...hideous.
I'm the same. There's players that I've LIKED a lot in the past but Rafa I loved with my whole heart. Gutted that I never got to see him play live either.

• Heart
Massive Rafa fan here too 🥰🥰🥰

I'd watch men's tennis all day long but don't get as excited by the women's. I do like Svitolina and Sabalenka though. Can't warm to Swiatek at all, and Jabeur annoys me! 🙈

Reactions: 1
My favourites are Delpo, Rafa & Andrey Rublev.
Aww I love those three as well, plus I find Daniil very entertaining, but maybe that’s more about his personality :D I miss Delpo so much on the tour. He was the one who had figured out how to beat the Big Three and if his body hadn’t let him down, I’m sure he would have won more major tournaments. He reposted this crazy statistic recently that said he is the only non-European in the past 20 years to have won a Slam on the men‘s side.

As for Zverev: German media adores and protects him, and I’m sure they will ignore the latest allegations like they did with the other ones. Or like they ignore his on-court aggressions in the past.

Did Zverev take out an injunction to stop the last lot of accusations being in the media in Germany?
He might have, but in general, German media is not kind to women who make accusations against famous German men. They’re usually very quick to dismiss and move on. There’s currently the scandal around the singer of German band Rammstein and there are vile comments and threats under every post about it. Ironically, Zverev‘s girlfriend and her mother (famous German actress) have expressed support for the band.

I dont have a female favourite, but I really enjoyed watching Alcaraz’s matches. Cant stand Djokovic.

Watched all 3 episodes of the Gods of Tennis on iplayer the other evening. Didnt realise Jimmy Connors and Chris Evert were once engaged!