Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Are they using the headcam? I love Andy, but he's wrong - it's the best new thing this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Clovis

VIP Member
Vamoooooosss!!
6a69db93b19d5481ac1ae856b6d8dc59_w200.gif

What a surprise, Cuntovic walking off with his little medical bag to freshen up.

• Haha
  • Heart

Hannahebee

VIP Member
So, with this win Carlos is now back to being number 2 in the world. Please Wimbledon can we have a Jannik vs Carlos final as that would be the perfect way to end the short grass court season.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Omg YES Jannik!!!! I really need to watch those highlights later 😂 amazing
Now Daniil, you have one job *prayer circle* 😁

I think they’d play each other in the semi final first, tbh I’m not convinced either are getting there
I’m hoping Novaxx is so knackered after the 5-set 3am finish that he falters in the next round 🤞

But, then again, maybe I need him to stay in to see off Zverev 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
What if it’s Zverev vs Djokovic?
Grudgingly, Djokovic. He might be a bit of a dick, but as far as is known he’s not openly abusive.

Still haven’t quite recovered from the time I had to veer slightly towards Djok over Kyrgios in the Wimbledon final, as he was the (marginally) lesser of two evils 🫤

• Heart

veronica71

VIP Member
Urghhh

I think Carlos is going to have to beat Zverev or Novak in the final… it’s the only good outcome left I think.

Although Novak said he may not play on Wednesday but I think we all know that’s a lie

I didn’t know Chris Evert and John Lloyd were married until it was mentioned on match commentary!!

I still think of her as ‘Chris Evert-Lloyd’ as that was the name she played under in the years that I was mostly aware of her. Apparently their marriage broke up because she had an affair with Adam Faith! 😱

• Wow

veronica71

VIP Member
I usually like John McEnroe commentating, but my goodness, is he going to talk through the whole match?

OMG the story about playing in the 70's and missing set point wasn't great!!

Carlos clearly wants to get this game done so he can watch the UK leaders debate at nine!

• Haha
Ooof, bit of a shocker for Alcaraz to be beaten in the quarters.

Hope it doesn’t shake his confidence for the US Open - I really do not want Djokovic to win, and Alcaraz feels like the best (if not the only) option to stop him.

forthelifeofriley

Jaaaaannnnnikkkkkk 👌🏼

Although tbh would have been happy if either won - Medvedev playing 31 sets over the course of the tournament is insane

Reactions: 4

Yel

Chatty Member
Commentators on Five Live suggesting that Zverev has indulged in several incidents of gamesmanship throughout the match.

I get the impression they do not have a lot of love for him. 😐
Meanwhile in Australia commentators are saying "an off court event that's been settled" they can get in the sea.

• Angry

welp

VIP Member
A penalty order against Zverev was issued this month in Berlin for him physically harming the mother of his child. the application by the prosecutor was already reported a few months back, now the district court granted it. In German law this essentially means that the evidence is so overwhelming that no trial is deemed necessary to penalize the suspect. However, he will appeal it and a public trial is likely now. He is still presumed innocent.

Interestingly the incident was in May 2020 (they seperated pretty soon after this). Their child was born 11 march 2021.

I hope over this case that also for his other ex-girlfriend, that he likely assaulted, justice will be served in a way even if not legally, but I doubt ATP will bat an eye.

Edit: english speaking report on this matter

Last edited:
  • Angry