Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
A thread for everything tennis as there might be interest seeing as how the Wimbledon thread was quite busy this year.

Next big event is Toronto which is a 1000 for both and first rounds start 7th Aug.

Then the US Open 28 Aug 2023 – Sun, 10 Sept 2023

• Heart
Reactions: 11

LipstickCherry

I can't understand how anyone can support Djokovic. He's obviously a great player but is such an arrogant ****** and I find him impossible to like at all.

Reactions: 10

Yel

Chatty Member
Although props for Iga for telling the French crowd that they're being annoying fucks. That was some diplomacy and she didn't even get booed.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

pecan

Chatty Member
I might be really behind on this so don’t laugh at me but I just discovered the TNNS app (free and doesn’t force you to sign up) where you can follow all your fav players and then on the home screen you can set it to show you all of the matches that are being played by your favs each day and follow the scores. Helpful when everyone is spread across various tournaments in the weeks between slams.

I was using the APT/WTA live app but it’s pretty crap to say it’s the ‘official’ one. I just find it glitchy a lot of the time.

• Heart

Clovis

VIP Member
The BBC can push Jack on me as much as they like.
EC-VOGUEUK-17624_240503_VOGUE_JACK_DRAPER_SHOT_02_051_V1_A_sRGB.jpg

I'm here with open arms, open legs and an open mouth.

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
Would have preferred a Medvedev Djokovic semi, but with the draw that's the result I wanted.

Hopefully he'll finally win a tournament more than once!

I want that premade 🐊 24 jacket to burn!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

hannah123

VIP Member
Ugh, he's going to win this tournament isn't he.

Imagine wining your first slam while your trial is taking place
The worst part is he’s probably just won more than he’ll have to pay out.

This is now a Alcaraz stan account, off to buy Spanish flags for my windows

Yel

Chatty Member
Praise beans for that! Good morning to everyone in Europe waking up to this!

• Heart

Ros79

Chatty Member
It looks like Djokovic will be out of Wimbledon as he’s had knee surgery today.

omg1

Andrew castle will fill the air with such crap. There's lots of things the BBC does well in, and lots that show it's a dreadful organisation. I'd say ridiculously poor biased articles or documentary they did on tattle still pales into significance with giving Andrew castle work!

I heard from a friend in the UK that on their Samsung TV there's the tennis channel international for free that has queens with the US commentary. Hope that helps!
Not sure why BBC can't get rid of the old white men tennis commentary club with Lloyd and Castle. None other reputable tennis channels use them knowing how useless they are. Castle did not even win ONE ATP tournament when he was playing and yet he always sounds like a know it all. Most of the time, he sounds like some sort of papprazzi giving nonsensical gossip. Henman, Annabelle and Jo Durie are way better in providing the proper insight and knowledge when it comes to tennis commentary. Annabelle should actually replace Balding as Queens club/ Wimbledon host as it's so obvious that Balding is out of her depth when it comes to basic tennis knowledge. Half of the time, she just behaves like a fan girl when it comes to players she adores and can't remain objective/professional.