Teen Mum UK #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a little concussed as to how Megan has been diagnosed with BPD, as I’m aware it’s difficult to diagnose and always thought it took years with a counsellor or having time on a mental health unit to get a diagnosis. I’m not saying Megan doesn’t have this btw, just confused, perhaps someone with more experience could advise me on this?
It can be difficult to diagnose as it usually goes hand in hand with depression or PTSD. With the NHS, a lot of GPs aren’t knowledgeable about BPD so like you say diagnosis would be made by a mental health unit but even then it’s not just one quick assessment. And there is usually a long waiting list unless you have harmed yourself or another person. It may just be that she got help privately or maybe teen mum helped her with that?

Reactions: 1
It can be difficult to diagnose as it usually goes hand in hand with depression or PTSD. With the NHS, a lot of GPs aren’t knowledgeable about BPD so like you say diagnosis would be made by a mental health unit but even then it’s not just one quick assessment. And there is usually a long waiting list unless you have harmed yourself or another person. It may just be that she got help privately or maybe teen mum helped her with that?
This. It can also depend on how you present e.g. what symptoms you have and severity and how experienced your HCP is.

thank you.

bleeping hell, how does a whole litter of puppies die 😢😢😢
Not uncommon in breeds like Frenchies when they're palmed off to inexperienced handlers for breeding. I expect Essex does this so they don't have to register with their council (breeders must register if they have more than 4 litters on their property per year).

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I’m a little concussed as to how Megan has been diagnosed with BPD, as I’m aware it’s difficult to diagnose and always thought it took years with a counsellor or having time on a mental health unit to get a diagnosis. I’m not saying Megan doesn’t have this btw, just confused, perhaps someone with more experience could advise me on this?
I was diagnosed fairly quickly, just got a psychiatrist appointment and he did an assessment but I went private as the NHS would take months and months!

Reactions: 2
Megans story, that poor bleeping dog😭 tried to screen record but it's too large a file to upload

Reactions: 4
Omg that poor dog aww I feel sick watching that video... scum the whole lot of them in my opinion

Reactions: 8
That poor dog😞, is it a dodgy breeder and Ree received the dog that way or is Megan hinting that she’s abused the dog and broken it’s hip??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.