Teen Mum UK #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I regularly lurk on this thread as did I love Teen Mum and Megan was once my favourite. I’m a lot older than her but also have BPD for those of you who don’t know what BPD it’s borderline personality disorder. Megan is quite open about her diagnosis. I only really followed her for this reason. It took me many years to get mine, as it can often be confused for other mental health conditions.

I have done many things that I am truly ashamed and embarrassed of! That I couldn’t even say out loud. But I’m also a mother of 3, I can honestly say I’ve never harmed them or thought about harming them. BUT, I can’t speak for Megan but I do know how it affects me, My mood can flip usually because of insecurities in a a spilt second and a burst of anger erupts I say and do things to the people I love most and at the same time I’m not in that moment it’s like I’m not me. And as soon as the moment is over I’m full of hatred for myself. In my head I try and push them away because I know they will leave me eventually. One of your major fears is abandonment, over the years I have had some very questionable relationships (before my kids) just because I wanted to be loved and feel secure and not be on my own. I found that these men seemed to know I was vulnerable and they often ended very badly. I’m not excusing Megan’s behaviour as I believe she said she has and is having treatment for her condition.

I’m now happily married to a great man I’ve known for years and is fully supportive of my condition. With treatment and support I rarely have outbursts anymore as I’ve learnt to manage them.

It’s heartbreaking the kids are in the middle of this. Dylan and Ree definitely try and provoke a reaction from Megan. As they know they will probably get one. I definitely think Teen Mum was edited to make Megan look better as there is no way they wouldn’t have seen her meltdowns. But also don’t think Megan has the right support network around her for her to make the right decisions and cope emotionally. This is what is upsetting with Teen Mum the show, they shouldn’t be filming with people who are undergoing mental health issues. They are young and impressionable anyway and It’s kinda like they’ve been once the show, they are chewed up and spat back into the real world. I think most of them thought they’d get the same game and wealth as the US Version.

Anyway sorry for rambling, I just don’t think people talk about BPD enough and will just end with just because someone suffers with a mental health disorder doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions.
Megan has said a few times that’s she’s not great about taking her tablets. I’m sure BPD also plays a role in that. Some days your brain is telling you that you’re fine and you don’t need them even when you do.

I applaud anyone, Megan included, who takes responsibility for their mental health and gets help. It’s that first step in a long road and it’s not going to be fixed overnight. You deserve to be happy no matter what your brain tells you.

Hmmm I dunno her bf is a copper maybe he told her those details
If he did then surely he broke ethical protocols at work. Abusing his position to look up information in a case he wouldn’t have been involved in. Some things are public record like newspapers and some court hearing information. More detailed information about the attack is usually kept private out of respect for the family and to protect the investigation.

Reactions: 2
Megan has said a few times that’s she’s not great about taking her tablets. I’m sure BPD also plays a role in that. Some days your brain is telling you that you’re fine and you don’t need them even when you do.

I applaud anyone, Megan included, who takes responsibility for their mental health and gets help. It’s that first step in a long road and it’s not going to be fixed overnight. You deserve to be happy no matter what your brain tells you.
Completely agree! It’s taken me over ten years to get it into my head I need my meds. Hopefully she has got a good doctor and therapist as it took over ten years to get my meds right.

The drama of this is like a school yard. They all need to take a step back and really see what they are doing as the children will pick up on all of this even though they probably don’t think they are aware they will be and in turn will probably affect them forming healthy relationships when they are adults.

Also I just watched her insta video. Yeh if Dylan didn't give the kids back she should have been straight down down police station reporting kidnap. Police would have had those kids back to her as she is the resident parent.

I know this as fact from the opposite side cause my partners ex moved house and took his child out of school. When he contacted the solicitor he told him to ring the police, he did and the police stated because he was the non resident parent he would have to take it to an emergency court hearing. Which by the way will literally happen the day after it is filed.

Dylan was meant to have those kids for the weekend, as soon as he didn't have them back to her Megan should have gone to the police or as she claims an emergency court date. Neither of those routes would take 5-7 weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know this has been more than discussed already but I want to add my two pence 😂 like others have said sadly I do think Megan crashed her car into Dylan’s. Ree said it was at handover before Dylan had the kids for the weekend so I reckon they took them back to the flat and then decided to go elsewhere when it was time to give them back to Megan. Two of the most common symptoms of BPD include acting recklessly/on impulse and having unstable relationships with others (eg ‘splitting’ is where you might either love or hate someone intensely with no in between and is a common experience etc) seeing Dylan and ree together after being cheated on by them, with him ignoring her questions probably just sent her over the edge and she acted without thinking. Obviously we’ll never know for sure but the fact she didn’t deny it is very telling - it’s really sad and I don’t actually think it should be held against her as she was probably genuinely on the verge of a mental breakdown and I’m sure she’s ashamed of it 😕

(I don’t have BPD but two people close to me in my life have been diagnosed with it so I know firsthand how it can affect relationships etc - obviously this won’t always be true for all so i don’t want to generalise and offend anyone who has been diagnosed with it of course!!)

Reactions: 6

If he did then surely he broke ethical protocols at work. Abusing his position to look up information in a case he wouldn’t have been involved in. Some things are public record like newspapers and some court hearing information. More detailed information about the attack is usually kept private out of respect for the family and to protect the investigation.
I don't know I was only speculating

Everyone commenting about her being there for Dylan after his mum died, I dunno if I just remember it differently but I remember her being very intense and swooping in as soon as him and reeann split. Your mum dying is a lot to deal with I’m not surprised him and reeann split up. Then Megan’s there doing hand overs etc she’s gonna be able to force her way in.
then she expected Dylan to want to be with her cause she supported him?? That’s so manipulative?

Reactions: 16
Also I just watched her insta video. Yeh if Dylan didn't give the kids back she should have been straight down down police station reporting kidnap. Police would have had those kids back to her as she is the resident parent.

I know this as fact from the opposite side cause my partners ex moved house and took his child out of school. When he contacted the solicitor he told him to ring the police, he did and the police stated because he was the non resident parent he would have to take it to an emergency court hearing. Which by the way will literally happen the day after it is filed.

Dylan was meant to have those kids for the weekend, as soon as he didn't have them back to her Megan should have gone to the police or as she claims an emergency court date. Neither of those routes would take 5-7 weeks.
This isn't accurate, unless there's a court order on Megans side (which it seems like it was only after the "kidnap" situation) then no the police cannot remove the kids from Dylan care. Been in a similar situation and the police could do nothing..

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This isn't accurate, unless there's a court order on Megans side (which it seems like it was only after the "kidnap" situation) then no the police cannot remove the kids from Dylan care. Been in a similar situation and the police could do nothing..
I think unless there’s a court order in place you can’t technically “kidnap” your own child you have a joint responsibility with - my ex used to threaten to pick my son up from nursery on my day and said I wouldn’t see him for a couple of days, I asked the nursery to let me know if he turned up and they said they couldn’t stop him from collecting unless a court order was in place.

Reactions: 6

Incorrect, anyone with parental rights can keep a child from the other parent even non residential parent. It is up to the other parent to go to court and apply for a PSO/residential order that states the child lives with the one parent. The only time police will get involved would be if the child was kept by a parent who was either a)dangerous or b) was not on the birth certificate and therefore had no PR

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I was about to say this. If there’s nothing in place legally, the police can’t do crap.

Reactions: 4
This thread was only opened yesterday afternoon and already on page 34 😭😭 That's almost as fast as the Mrs Hinch ones :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m shocked how quickly Megan has gone from SM deactivated because she’s dating a killer to best mum in the world to people..

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I’m shocked how quickly Megan has gone from SM deactivated because she’s dating a killer to best mum in the world to people..

Tbf I don’t think the people who are sticking up for her like her, we just think in this situation Ree was the sneaky one. Most of us think they are as bad as each other.

Reactions: 8
Hmmm I dunno her bf is a copper maybe he told her those details
It’s questionable if he actually is one though. Possibly a PCSO or family liaison officer not an actual police officer. Also he shouldn’t be telling her that stuff if he has for her to then feed to other people you swear on oath when you become a police officer. So if that is the case he’ll definitely be reprimanded for it.

Reactions: 3
Tbf I don’t think the people who are sticking up for her like her, we just think in this situation Ree was the sneaky one. Most of us think they are as bad as each other.
I didn’t mean on tattle I meant on her Instagram, here seems to be all none bias opinions that they’ve both messed up but people sympathise with her, but the DM’s she’s sharing are all very much that she’s the best mum and an inspiration

Reactions: 5
Yeah, people seem to think the fact her children are dressed in designer over rides the emotional trouble and potential dangers Megan has put the kids through. Everyone’s an amazing mum on paper, because we don’t question mums like we often do dads. How dare we suggest the clothes are anything less than Kenzo and the correct size...

Okay.. your kids shoes do fit....... and? What about the convict you're in love with? 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I didn’t mean on tattle I meant on her Instagram, here seems to be all none bias opinions that they’ve both messed up but people sympathise with her, but the DM’s she’s sharing are all very much that she’s the best mum and an inspiration

Yeah but most of them are lost causes 😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.