Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Whilst I don’t think Matty was a good choice and I didn’t want them to work out, at least I got that they could probably connect on an artistic and intellectual level.

I don’t like to play into stereotypes but Travis gives me nothing but dumb jock vibes now, and the singing was the final straw.

I was happy she was happy but now I’m like nah…

Reactions: 23

bunsofsteel

Chatty Member
A measured and reasonable take here
It absolutely does not excuse the behaviour. I could have an exceptional bond with my husband, doesn't make it okay for him to manhandle me and scream in my face because of 'heightened emotions'. We shouldn't try and justify any abuse.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I'm glad it's not just me who thought that about him taking over from her security. I find a lot of over the top performative "chivalry" actually comes from a place of control and sexism. The general narrative in those cases is usually "Aw, isn't it sweet he never lets her open a door for herself, and carries her bag for her?" etc, but in fact it comes from an attitude which has very stereotypical and rigid views about how men should behave and how women should behave. "I'm the man, I open doors and carry things and take charge because that's what men do." They usually have equally rigid views about women and what they should and shouldn't do as well.

The security thing, to me, just demonstrated a massive insecurity and control issue there. "I'M her man, I look after her, not YOU." These people are professionals who are employed to keep her safe, but he can't step back and allow them to do that because it would be losing face and looking less "manly" so he decided to take control instead, despite it being a distraction to her security and potentially putting her at risk. I'm certainly not fooled by the patronising, chest beating, "I'm going to take care of this delicate little woman because I'm the man" bollocks that men like him pull.

It's also the third time we've seen him lose it and put other people at risk on the pitch. Punching a team mate, smashing his helmet off the ground despite the fact there were loads of people right near it who could have been seriously hurt due to it catapulting in the air and coming back down at speed, then last night with his coach (and the commentators said he also smashed his helmet off the floor last night too.) He's got anger issues, and is incapable of controlling himself when things aren't going his way, to the point where he doesn't care if the people around him get physically hurt as a result of his outbursts. There's no "off" switch for aggression and anger issues. There's no "Oh, I only lose it on the football field but I'm perfectly calm the rest of the time." I found myself hoping they'd win, purely because I think he'd have been an absolute nasty little prick behind the scenes if they'd lost.
honestly EXACTLY how I felt, I didn’t find it cute at all it gave me really bad vibes,
Like he was showing the security team he had a bigger dick they they did.
A few times he’s been seen almost pushing them aside as if they’re just groupies and completely taking control of everything.
I really don’t get a good feeling from him at all, I think Taylor is still so in love with Joe she wanted someone who was the complete opposite but this isn’t gonna last and if it does i assume it’s because he’s now got an audience he could never dream of having before meeting her.

Jjjg

VIP Member
Based on opinions here, I'm an alcoholic. Lol

I think she's an adult drinking a beer at the Superbowl isn't horrible thing. Lol

grannypants

VIP Member
reminds me of that Ed Sheeran song where he’s mocking a guy for “wearing sunglasses indoors, in winter, at nighttime”
As Dean Winchester once said, "you know who wears sunglasses inside? Blind people. And douchebags."

The chugging beer moment is 😬 I feel like she was trying to have her Sophie Turner moment and it didn't really land.

• Haha
  • Heart

estellastheme

Chatty Member

It happened while game was going on, while it wasn't a good look. I get long time coach/player relationship and Andy knows him and how to handle him.
Okay. That doesn’t make Travis not a giant piece of shit though. He’s shown multiple times he’s a nightmare of a teammate. He should get reprimanded by the league. His behavior was beyond unacceptable.

• Heart

YeahBrackie

Slightly off topic but ma-homie (whatever he’s called) is on FOURTY EIGHT MILLION A YEAR WHAT THE FUCKERY!!!!

the dude on the 49’s in his position is on 800 thousand.

annoyed Taylor’s boyfriend’s team won. They must be passed they’re now known as that 😂😂😂
---

they’re excusing it by saying these two are “best friends”
Travis gives me such bad energy I’d say he’s a controlling aggressive sod. Everyone thought the fact he takes over from her security team all the time, and so publicly, so cute but I find it weird.
I'm glad it's not just me who thought that about him taking over from her security. I find a lot of over the top performative "chivalry" actually comes from a place of control and sexism. The general narrative in those cases is usually "Aw, isn't it sweet he never lets her open a door for herself, and carries her bag for her?" etc, but in fact it comes from an attitude which has very stereotypical and rigid views about how men should behave and how women should behave. "I'm the man, I open doors and carry things and take charge because that's what men do." They usually have equally rigid views about women and what they should and shouldn't do as well.

The security thing, to me, just demonstrated a massive insecurity and control issue there. "I'M her man, I look after her, not YOU." These people are professionals who are employed to keep her safe, but he can't step back and allow them to do that because it would be losing face and looking less "manly" so he decided to take control instead, despite it being a distraction to her security and potentially putting her at risk. I'm certainly not fooled by the patronising, chest beating, "I'm going to take care of this delicate little woman because I'm the man" bollocks that men like him pull.

It's also the third time we've seen him lose it and put other people at risk on the pitch. Punching a team mate, smashing his helmet off the ground despite the fact there were loads of people right near it who could have been seriously hurt due to it catapulting in the air and coming back down at speed, then last night with his coach (and the commentators said he also smashed his helmet off the floor last night too.) He's got anger issues, and is incapable of controlling himself when things aren't going his way, to the point where he doesn't care if the people around him get physically hurt as a result of his outbursts. There's no "off" switch for aggression and anger issues. There's no "Oh, I only lose it on the football field but I'm perfectly calm the rest of the time." I found myself hoping they'd win, purely because I think he'd have been an absolute nasty little prick behind the scenes if they'd lost.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
jet leg is a choice 😂
It's like a hallmark movie. Playing up the media creatived a narrative about rushing back from Tokyo when she had a full night in her own home before taking a car straight to the steps of her jet for a 40 min flight.

18 hours at home before having to take a 40 min private jet journey isn't as dramatic.

Pathetic the pair of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
The fact she doesn’t see it though, or she’s refusing to see it is really grating on me, he behaved like an absolute douche and not long later she’s in a club grabbing him to smooch through her songs that are playing, she gives me the ick as much as he does when she’s around him.

MidnightAura

VIP Member
What the f is a “love tap”? Spoken like a true manipulative, narcissistic abuser. That’s what the PR machine came up with? So you push and scream into the face of your boss/father figure/someone you love, out of love? Hell no! “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time”.
A justification for being aggressive and pushing and screaming to somebody. It’s up there with “You made me lose my temper, I wouldn’t have hit you had you not annoyed me.”

• Sad

LittlePea

Chatty Member
I’ve seen several tweets this morning from high-profile celebs, sports people, people in positions of power, tweeting things like ‘well done Taylor Swift’ or ‘well done Taylor’s boyfriend - oh and the rest of the team!’

If I was on the KCC, I would absolutely fuming that that’s what our team had been reduced to. I find it so disrespectful, it’s not funny in the slightest.

QueenBW

VIP Member
Am I the only one who thinks he’s proper ugly and definitely not stylish at all? I’ll see myself out
Girl. Anytime someone mentions how handsome he is I reach for my phone to call my ophthalmologist.

It's not even that he's unattractive to me, I think aesthetically he is not pleasant to the eyes 🙊

If you add his nasty personality and the air of dumbass he has...

• Haha
  • Heart

BWGossip

Chatty Member
I keep thinking of how this would have been handled if Travis had been a Black player. Or Latino.
Or a woman: the media would say 'too emotional', 'hysterical', 'can't handle the pressure', 'unprofessional'

But he is a rich, white man, so it's all good. He can push and scream in old men faces all he wants with no consequences.

• Heart
I know it's meant to be funny but it makes me uncomfortable how the internet is turning aggressive public behavior by a privileged white male into a joke, essentially downplaying it. Making it look like it's not that big a deal.

If I read one more "oh but he was stressed" or "the stakes are so high" comment I will scream.
Thank you!!! Jesus this behaviour is not okay, it's not funny. It is never okay to scream in someone's face like that, it is never okay to put your hands on someone else in anger. Ffs he should be benched and suspended for that, what kinda game is this!??
---
I understand sport and emotion etc but that was uncomfortable viewing. Coach looked genuinely startled.
I understand sport and emotion too, that's why I didn't give a crap about the helmet incident but this is assault ffs. Televised. Fucking ridiculos.

• Heart