Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Joe definitely tickles me more than Trav but even then he still looks like his face is melting a bit and seems horrendously boring!
i think he’s just introverted; as an introvert I get it. I probably am also boring though so it’s relatable for me.

Personally I think he would be more capable of holding an intellectual conversation than travis would

• Heart
Reactions: 25

grannypants

VIP Member
Have fun! I mean they are fantastic live.
You GUYS it was such an amazing gig no Taylor cameo or mention but we did get MENSWEAR???? LIVE?????? (If you’re a 1975 fan you’ll understand if not… I get it)

I might get slaughtered for this and tbh I deserve it for drinking a bottle of Pinot on a Monday night but I feel like I would’ve preferred Matty and Taylor to Travis and Taylor 🙈🙈 I’m so sorry I’m ready for your judgement but I feel like they are twin tortured souls and honestly I respect that

• Heart
  • Haha

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
I’m a bit of a hopeless romantic but I just think this is sweet and comes across really genuine imo
Gosh I so hate being this person but the more I see of this stuff the less I buy it. Like, let’s think of this way: someone films this from the NFL’s official team , someone from the NFL’s marketing team has to send this to edit , cut down and be clipped for maximum impact, and someone else has to send this and probably what, 3 or 4?, other options to Taylor’s team and Travis’ team for approval/clearance. It goes through at least what, 3 rounds of edits, approvals. At this point they may even have a shared PR just for their relationship based on how many public pieces of content there are of them.
Then tracking back, that probably means T&T sit down with their team before the game and are told, okay we need a few pieces of cleared content for after the game, what are you happy to have shared? None of it is spontaneous, none of it is private and to me that makes none of it romantic or real. Even if the relationship is real this stuff can never be truly authentic, because they both know it will be used in the media and online and follow them. So sure Travis is thanking her for travelling halfway across the world because it’s probably some sort of approved language to really showcase their love.
If Taylor’s relationship is starting to look like an unimaginable romance movie, guess what? It’s probably because it’s not real. real love isn’t a romance movie. I’m sorry!! I want to believe it… but I just can’t help but feel more and more cynical that this relationship is about a great story for them both (and they might be in love too, but it’s not the kind of love we all recognise. How can it be?).

• Heart

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I wont lie. Initially I thought Taylor was just doing it for the sex and I was like get it girl. Hes tall, he'l throw you about.

Now I'm thinking the joke has gone on long enough. Get a grip, move on.

• Haha

QueenBW

VIP Member
On the alcohol thing, I'm saying this having taken substance abuse detection training for work: it doesn't matter if she's only drinking at events, what matters is why she's drinking. She could only drink at social events and be able to stop for tour without issues but if she's drinking to soothe herself, to feel okay, then it's a problem. It may not be alcohol addiction, but it's an alcohol dependence issue.

She strikes me as someone who's anxious and highly self conscious in public, she likes to control her image to the point of insanity. And that could mean she leans on alcohol to relax, to fit in. Which is problematic.

• Heart

Robot Lady

VIP Member
Oh come on! Chugging one beer for the camera does not make a drinking problem 🙄
Neither does having a few too many wines at an awards ceremony. Someone who drinks problematically (is that a word?) wouldn’t be able to one night of Eras let alone the 70 odd shows she’s done.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
At the moment despite their incredibly awkward chemistry, it’s all easy breezy because the only time they spend together seems to be partying after his games, her one show he went to so far, and that dating stage where it’s only like 1-2 days you see them for at a time, very much the lust stage, but what happens when it’s his turn to take the bins out and he cba or keeps leaving the loo seat up in seven of the ten bathrooms…what a pickle.
This is why I can’t ever see Taylor settling down. She seems to be addicted to the highs and lows of a new, passionate relationship. I think she gets bored when things settle down more.

Reactions: 24

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Finally a little bit of responsibility! Jason just said to him on the new heights podcast premiere that “you crossed the line there’s better ways to deal with that than screaming in his face” and Travis replied with “it came at a moment I wasn’t playing very well and sometimes those emotions get away from me and that’s been the battle of my career” eta - he just apologised to Andy Reid. I liked the fact Jason is saying he isn’t trying to make this light hearted at all but just wanting to explain the relationship between him and Andy and how they are, they both knew they had to address this and it was unacceptable, I’m glad Jason pressed him on it and held him accountable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
No he didn't. He did nothing to you or any fan. Andy laughed it off because Andy has done it right back to him and knows it because they have that relationship.

Did anyone demand public apologies from Andy when he got physical with people? He never moved Travis much, but he has bumped him right back before. Lol the outcry from people not involved is too funny.
Considering the viewership it had I think people are allowed to be outraged at a meathead losing his mind and somewhat normalising sport aggression. People are allowed to have different opinions you know?

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I didn’t think too much of it thinking that’s what boys in sport do. My husband just got home from work and said no that’s not ok at all. Interesting different take
I think growing up, a lot of us were told “boys will be boys” in response to this kind of behaviour, but like your husband said, it’s not okay.
Really can’t see the appeal of being with a man who has such a short fuse

• Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
I think Joe isn’t saying anything because that’s just his style, he didn’t say anything when they were together so why now. Also, where is his outlet for it? He’s not going to go on TV or do an interview to discuss it but neither has she. For Taylor, it’s through her music and how people interpret behaviour of hers. I also think it’s harder when she has the worlds eyes on her every little thing will be construed a certain way. And yeah he 100% has an NDA too.
I also think -and obviously this is just my opinion and my reading of how he's acted and what little we know of him - that Joe's not saying anything cause like... He's done, he's over it, he doesn't care about her anymore. Taylor's pretending to be done, but he's actually done.

There's no reason to keep bringing stuff back when you've closed the door.

Plus, if he didn't want to be known as Mr. Taylor Swift he would want to be Ex Mr. Taylor Swift even less. I'd bet money her name will never leave his lips publicly again.

• Heart

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
With Joe it is getting ridiculous. The younger fans are treating this like their favourite Netflix show and acting like he's a terrible person for wanting to end a relationship he wasn't happy in. I really hope she gets a legal threat like she clearly did with John Mayer and does another of her weird 'let's all leave people alone and stop speculating about who the song is about okkkkk' speeches. The younger fans at this point are (imo) alienating her older fans, I don't want to be any part of that level of hate toward a guy we don't even know.

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Shit somethings kicked off here at the parade, shots have been fired or something 🙁 The players had already left the stage but the crowds were filing out and then all hell broke loose by Union Station where the rally was held, god all those kids so excited to see their heroes etc all day now looking terrified, I hate this world.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

grannypants

VIP Member
Hate to say it but I think he won
Honestly, Joe has played a blinder with this breakup. Keep your head down, don't speak about it publicly and stay classy.

Taylor's hugely public 'I'm so over him look at my new boyfriend' display is just convincing me that she misses Joe like mad. I think when Travis fizzles out and they realise they have nothing in common she will go on a real downward spiral.