Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Olivia Rodrigo also did separate vinyls (4) which all had a different bonus track.

I see both sides to it. Part of me just thinks ‘don’t buy it and find the extra songs another way’. But that’s cos I can’t relate to wanting to buy it in the first place. I’d like to hear from the fans who feel compelled to buy all this stuff because it’s a bit of an alien concept to me. I also don’t think it’s just an age thing.

Reactions: 10
I found this on reddit, thought it might be of interest. It does make 5 variants seem quite tame.
RDT_20231030_133139607180137207888075.png

• Wow
Reactions: 12
What are they counting as different variants though, does that mean different songs? I think releasing different colours is one thing as it's a choice to buy them. But ones with different tracks is too far imo - I know this is still a choice to buy them but I think one purchase of an album should mean you get all of the songs on the album. But then again I never feel compelled to buy them anyway 😂 - similar to what @newtoyou said above - so maybe I'm not the best to judge.

Reactions: 6
Wow, that's quite disgusting when you see it like that. I know no-one makes you buy them, but there's definitely encouragement, and especially those with children, they can feel like they're missing not, or "not a big enough fan" if they don't have various variants. My daughter was super keen for the polaroids, but I still only bought her 1 CD, and I did feel a bit guilty, as she has a wall with Taylor prints etc that I know all the polaroids would have looked good on, but out of principle I was not buying more than one CD (given we don't even have a CD player!).

On a complete tangent, the Etsy shop TaylorandLucas have reopened, have ordered myself a Cornelia St sweatshirt for NY, just hope it comes in time. Also, just got word that my Speak Now cardi has finally been dispatched (for my daughter), @Yupyupyup hope yours is on it's way too!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I wouldn’t mind the different variants as it’s nice to have options but it’s marking them as exclusive and then still having them on the website ages later….

I hope the 3am midnights get their own vinyl but it should have YLM and hits different on there too

Reactions: 5
I can't even imagine being the child of someone like Taylor. Yeah you are secure for life, can experience anything you want, all the money in the world, connections to people in any career you could dream of. But the scrutiny and lack of freedom and privacy must be soooo hard.

I guess she has shown she can be private and low profile when she wants to, so imagine she would be extra careful to keep them from the press but it's still a far cry from a "normal" childhood.

ETA: I know that is all rich people problems haha and they're still so lucky compared to so many living in poverty etc.
Definitely this but also I just think that if you're someone that wants fame the way that Taylor wants it - even if I do believe she'd keep her kids out of the limelight - there's just something in you that's inherently narcissistic and egotistic and self serving even if you're a good person overall. And as the daughter of a narcissist father, it just absolutely sucks.

I wouldn't put Taylor anywhere near Adele in terms of personality. Adele doesn't seek to attention in the same way, has no desire to be the meeia darling. She's who she is, and if that brings her attention she takes it and laughs at it but she's not courting it. She has a much healthier relationship, I think, with her fame. It might be her personality or her Britishness but even when she also writes about her personal life, it feels different. More mature. Like it's hard to believe she and Taylor are only a couple years apart.

Reactions: 5
Wow, that's quite disgusting when you see it like that. I know no-one makes you buy them, but there's definitely encouragement, and especially those with children, they can feel like they're missing not, or "not a big enough fan" if they don't have various variants. My daughter was super keen for the polaroids, but I still only bought her 1 CD, and I did feel a bit guilty, as she has a wall with Taylor prints etc that I know all the polaroids would have looked good on, but out of principle I was not buying more than one CD (given we don't even have a CD player!).

On a complete tangent, the Etsy shop TaylorandLucas have reopened, have ordered myself a Cornelia St sweatshirt for NY, just hope it comes in time. Also, just got word that my Speak Now cardi has finally been dispatched (for my daughter), @Yupyupyup hope yours is on it's way too!
Ohhh can you share where you’ve booked your NY trip please? I’m hoping to go before the Taylor exhibition closes in March!

Reactions: 1
Ohhh can you share where you’ve booked your NY trip please? I’m hoping to go before the Taylor exhibition closes in March!
I'm probably very little use, as we're staying with family on Long Island, so not in the city itself. Well, we're going to go in a few days, and definitely stay in Manhattan one night to get a full 2 days in the city (still haven't booked hotel, and we're going in less than 3 weeks). Plan to do the Taylor exhibition, Cornelia Street, maybe even just go see Electric Lady studios, and the All Too Well bookstore. I'm saying this, but my husband and son might have other ideas lol. The castle from the Blank Space video is in Long Island so might give that a visit too.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm probably very little use, as we're staying with family on Long Island, so not in the city itself. Well, we're going to go in a few days, and definitely stay in Manhattan one night to get a full 2 days in the city (still haven't booked hotel, and we're going in less than 3 weeks). Plan to do the Taylor exhibition, Cornelia Street, maybe even just go see Electric Lady studios, and the All Too Well bookstore. I'm saying this, but my husband and son might have other ideas lol. The castle from the Blank Space video is in Long Island so might give that a visit too.
I'm going January 27th as a big birthday present to myself, on my own! I said I wanted to do it on my own as I could go to all the TS places I wanted without someone complaining....so I'm really interested to hear your thoughts after going and what you'd recommend.
On my list is the exhibition, Cornelia Street and the ATW bookstore so anything else you find would be great!
---
Is it over now is a bleeping BOP and I can’t believe it was ever left off the album
It's one of my favourite ever TS songs. It's climbed into my top ten immediately....the whole bridge is just perfection.

• Heart
I’m actually obsessed with these vault tracks 😭 😭 Slut is probably my least favourite but I still like it a lot. Just the others are SO GOOD AGSHSBSBBSBSVSV

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The cardigan leaves the store at 7pm uk time, I wonder if there will be another merch drop or something after that

Reactions: 3
I haven't tuned into any Taylor hype the past week because of the Middle East - it suddenly doesn't feel too important anymore (and I realise this is blasphemy)

• Heart
The 1989 cardigan is the ugliest one so far. Can someone explain to me why I bought it?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It is not directly related to Taylor, but I thought you guys would be interested in the article anyway: https://www.billboard.com/pro/taylor-swift-re-recordings-labels-change-contracts/
Labels Want to Prevent ‘Taylor’s Version’-Like Re-Recordings From Ever Happening Again
Record companies are trying to keep artists from re-recording their songs for longer periods — and in some cases ever again.
Isn’t this crazy! Who’s involved also - Taylor’s current label! 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 10
A giant snake would be low key cool to be fair 🤣
As long as no one things it’s Riverdale merch 😳

My vinyl came in over the weekend, had a chance to listen to it today after work and I think it was my headphones making me not like the changes, because the only thing that sounds different to me now are the stronger vocals.

• Haha
I’m expecting rep’s to be uglier, with a giant snake on the back. Will still probably buy it though 🤣
Imagine if rep’s cardigan is like the sparkly green jacket from the surprise song set of rep tour with the cute patches and everything 👀😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.