Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally agree with you on both posts, B, but just wanted to give some insider perspective (to the industry in general, LOL imagine if I worked for Tay. I WISH). Retailers who are stocking any big new release - music, movies, books, etc - will always want an exclusive edition to lure fans to their store. If special editions with a new track, new colour variant, message from Taylor, photos, what have you, are given to that retailer it often means they will place a much larger stock order. So it is frustrating for fans, and believe me I've worked in fan marketing enough to know that it is a double edged sword between servicing the retailer vs giving the fans what they want (because it is a fine line, fans do want exclusive extras but it gets to a point like this where saturation makes us fed up). But I guess my point is its not all Taylor and her money grabbing that dictates whether there are multiple versions of a release. Despite her being the biggest music artist in the world right now, she still needs her product to be stocked in all the major outlets. The fact is the retailer HQs are demanding more and more from creative industries in exchange for supporting a release. We live in a scarily capitalist world! I do think Taylor and her team do a good job of balancing - e.g. giving the fans stuff we actually want and putting a song no-one cares about on the Target edition lol. Olivia on the other hand putting a new song on each special edition feels like a risky decision and I'd hope Tay never does something like that.
Right, I've seen it done with books as well. If you buy from Barnes and Noble you get this extra scene or playlist or whatever. But let's face it. Taylor is at a point in her career where she very well could afford to say no, you're getting a new color Target but that's that. Not a new, exclusive song that forces my fans to splurge on yet another version cause I didn't have the decency of putting them all out at the same time.

She knows what she's doing, it all goes to the lists. Every new version counts into the sales.

It's like with Midnights. We all know at some point she'll put out the 3AM version. And if we want to own it, we'll have to buy another one. And she might not put YLM in it. That might be only in the CD that was for sale or she might put it out some other time in yet another version. She does do it with songs too. Not just with special colors.
---
Totally agree with all your thoughts QueenBW and especially this. JK Rowling also knocked herself off some ‘top rich lists’ and decreased her wealth by donating so much money to various charities/ setting up her own charity etc. I know Taylor is generous to an extent when she doesn’t have to be but I’d like to think she wil do something meaningful with her money at some point.
I agree that she's generous to an extent but I also think it's just that we live in the hellfire that is late stage capitalism that makes us praise her as an employer.

Like yes, she provides insurance for her crew and dancers which most other artists do not. But this says more about the other artists and about the precariousness of employment within late stage capitalism than anything else. Insurance is like the lowest bar an employer can provide. But she's praised for it because other asshole artists don't do it. But really, it's the bare minimum.

The bonus for her tour drivers and cree was much lauded and of course it's a good thing and it meant a lot for them, I remember one could then afford to send his kid to college. Awesome. But when we think fo what that money meant for her in terms of the whole tour earnings...it's a drop in the ocean.

She could be doing more, is what I'm saying. It's like the Spiderman thing. With great power (or money ) comes great responsibility.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just going back to the vault tracks now I've properly listened! SO interesting to see how much more intense these tracks are re the Harry relationship. It must have been an active decision in the track edit to make her seem way more chill about it all! I feel sorry for them both, they were so young to be figuring this celeb dating stuff out. Is that just me?!

Does anyone think Is It Over Now? sounds kind of later 1D in vibe? Either way what a banger.

Reactions: 14
I mean it would never happen but if they fully lean into this celeb couple thing and we get some kind of kardashians style Taylor Travis reality show I would totally watch it hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can't see anything about an announcement (apart from one tweet). Where did you see it @ls240898 ?
The Taylor subreddit, the theories thread! Apparently DeuxMoi (the most reliable source of course…) said it on a live stream and some other people in the media have discussed it?

Reactions: 1
Just going back to the vault tracks now I've properly listened! SO interesting to see how much more intense these tracks are re the Harry relationship. It must have been an active decision in the track edit to make her seem way more chill about it all! I feel sorry for them both, they were so young to be figuring this celeb dating stuff out. Is that just me?!

Does anyone think Is It Over Now? sounds kind of later 1D in vibe? Either way what a banger.
I feel bad for them both. They were what 21/19 at the time? I think they both really liked each other despite it being an shortish relationship and probably were both hurt in the break up.

Reactions: 9
I feel bad for them both. They were what 21/19 at the time? I think they both really liked each other despite it being an shortish relationship and probably were both hurt in the break up.
They were a bit older no? It was end of 2012-2013. So she was 22-23.

It's funny cause I saw an article about Harry's exes not long ago and at list the public list of official exes doesn't really include blue eyed women except for Taylor and he dated Kendall Jenner in 2013 itself so ... The lyrics of Is It Over about how he'll date anyone with blue eyes are either not true, Taylor making herself feel better, about women no one found out about but how would Taylor have if she wasn't talking to him and they weren't public knowledge, or not about him.

Reactions: 4
I don't think celebrities make good parents (sorry, I just don't. To be a celebrity to begin with you need to have a serious narcissistic bent and that's probably the worst trait for patenting) but I guess she'd be less bad than most.
I can't even imagine being the child of someone like Taylor. Yeah you are secure for life, can experience anything you want, all the money in the world, connections to people in any career you could dream of. But the scrutiny and lack of freedom and privacy must be soooo hard.

I guess she has shown she can be private and low profile when she wants to, so imagine she would be extra careful to keep them from the press but it's still a far cry from a "normal" childhood.

ETA: I know that is all rich people problems haha and they're still so lucky compared to so many living in poverty etc.

Reactions: 13
I can't even imagine being the child of someone like Taylor. Yeah you are secure for life, can experience anything you want, all the money in the world, connections to people in any career you could dream of. But the scrutiny and lack of freedom and privacy must be soooo hard.

I guess she has shown she can be private and low profile when she wants to, so imagine she would be extra careful to keep them from the press but it's still a far cry from a "normal" childhood.

ETA: I know that is all rich people problems haha and they're still so lucky compared to so many living in poverty etc.
Agree. In so many ways they’re lucky but will the children ever know privacy or even security - who is really your friend/your partner?

Reactions: 7
I really, really doubt she's pregnant (but nothing is impossible) but I would be here for drama and meltdowns from a certain sect of fans if she is, and just the drama in general TBH🍿

• Haha

I think this depends on the celebrity. Beyonce has always had Blue Ivy in the public eye, whereas there’s very little known about Adele’s son. I think they can have a certain level of privacy if the parents want.

In regards to Taylor and Travis, I really don’t think kids are on the table at all right now, BUT I could definitely see them being engaged next year.

Reactions: 8

I think Taylor would keep her child’s life as private as possible. All her close friends’ children have a private life. I don’t see her being like the Kardashians or Beyonce.
---
I think this depends on the celebrity. Beyonce has always had Blue Ivy in the public eye, whereas there’s very little known about Adele’s son. I think they can have a certain level of privacy if the parents want.

In regards to Taylor and Travis, I really don’t think kids are on the table at all right now, BUT I could definitely see them being engaged next year.
I don’t think Taylor would ever get married so that her wealth is protected. She’ll have children with a long term partner but no marriage.

Reactions: 12
I think Taylor would keep her child’s life as private as possible. All her close friends’ children have a private life. I don’t see her being like the Kardashians or Beyonce.
---

I don’t think Taylor would ever get married so that her wealth is protected. She’ll have children with a long term partner but no marriage.
Nope. She has been singing about marriage for years. She wants the ring and there's nothing wrong with that, much like there's nothing wrong with not wanting it.

Reactions: 11
I must admit, I ready for the tour to start again so that I’m not constantly seeing travis and Taylor news everywhere on my social media posts

I really, really doubt she's pregnant (but nothing is impossible) but I would be here for drama and meltdowns from a certain sect of fans if she is, and just the drama in general TBH🍿
Oh god imagine… flashbacks to the Larries saying Louis baby is fake 😭

• Haha
They were a bit older no? It was end of 2012-2013. So she was 22-23.

It's funny cause I saw an article about Harry's exes not long ago and at list the public list of official exes doesn't really include blue eyed women except for Taylor and he dated Kendall Jenner in 2013 itself so ... The lyrics of Is It Over about how he'll date anyone with blue eyes are either not true, Taylor making herself feel better, about women no one found out about but how would Taylor have if she wasn't talking to him and they weren't public knowledge, or not about him.
Harry would have been 18, just turning 19 then

Reactions: 3
Ok I’m calling it now, Taylor and Travis are releasing a song together. 😁😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Nope. She has been singing about marriage for years. She wants the ring and there's nothing wrong with that, much like there's nothing wrong with not wanting it.
She’ll get married one day, but I guarantee there will also be a ironclad prenup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.