Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slut! Just doesn't suit the song as a title. It should be called Worth it for Once. Obviously Taylor knows better than me though! The use of Slut as a song title has caused a few awks conversations in my house with a very keen 7yr old Swiftie! I love all the vault tracks though, absolutely obsessed with them tbqhwy
I like this idea. Imagine the collective shock from hearing her say "slut" in a song for the first time if it wasn't the song title.

Reactions: 5
I sustain she called it Slut! for shock value. It's like when she swears. You get this sense that she revels in doing it cause it shocke people in a way.
---
This seems very plausible to me.

Screenshot_20231101_111113_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I sustain she called it Slut! for shock value. It's like when she swears. You get this sense that she revels in doing it cause it shocke people in a way.
---

View attachment 2544676
They seem such good friends though would they really speak to the press/sources that could leak it? Especially being friends as long as they have and never leaking anything or saying anything negative that gets out. Just read the article and seems like it's come from an unnamed source and even the article doesn't seem sure they would have let those thoughts get public.

I think what they have claimed Selena has said is totally valid and I agree with it being very public very soon, and imagine some of her friends DO think that, it just seems a bit out of character for them to say so publicly.

Reactions: 11
Ngl I feel like 1989 has had the worst release week of all the TVs so far:

fearless - 3 singles before, announced on GMA, left “Easter egg” snippets on tumblr, twitter, Facebook etc, chapters on Spotify
Red - great merch, late night promo, two vault music videos (one announced with a snippet on GMA), a few Instagram reels/tiktoks
Speak Now - announced on stage, music video premiere at the concert with a whole speak now themed surprise set + long live added to setlist
1989 - announced on stage, a few clips of her talking about the songs?

Reactions: 9
Ngl I feel like 1989 has had the worst release week of all the TVs so far:

fearless - 3 singles before, announced on GMA, left “Easter egg” snippets on tumblr, twitter, Facebook etc, chapters on Spotify
Red - great merch, late night promo, two vault music videos (one announced with a snippet on GMA), a few Instagram reels/tiktoks
Speak Now - announced on stage, music video premiere at the concert with a whole speak now themed surprise set + long live added to setlist
1989 - announced on stage, a few clips of her talking about the songs?
Whats the phrase. Girl bossed too close to the sun

Its almost like shes fed up of it now but has to keep going to prove her point 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I just don’t think 1989 needs the promo, she’s so big now it’s almost like wasted effort/money.

Fearless was the first re-record and red wasn’t long after so I feel like she had the PR all planned for both before she knew everyone would embrace them.

SN only got more because it was released while she toured I feel, and the music video with TL was too good to pass up.

Reactions: 4
---

View attachment 2544676
Meanwhile Selena is still harassing her ex boyfriend and his wife online even though he’s been married for 5 years 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's very interesting if her friends are coming out to say that she's moving too fast and it's being passed on to the gossip

I'm wondering if it's starting to plant seeds that the relationship isn't going to last?

Reactions: 3
They seem such good friends though would they really speak to the press/sources that could leak it? Especially being friends as long as they have and never leaking anything or saying anything negative that gets out. Just read the article and seems like it's come from an unnamed source and even the article doesn't seem sure they would have let those thoughts get public.

I think what they have claimed Selena has said is totally valid and I agree with it being very public very soon, and imagine some of her friends DO think that, it just seems a bit out of character for them to say so publicly.
Yeah the leaking is the less likely part but them thinking these thoughts seems very plausible to me.

It’s the kind of easy headline they can post with no repercussions. If they don’t have a story they’ll create one and haim and Selena aren’t going to sue for false articles when it’s something so stupid. Tomorrow they’ll add on another famous name ‘Gigi allegedly agrees’

Reactions: 8
1. Now That We Don’t Talk (Been stuck in my head since first listen)
2. Say Don’t Go
3. Slut!
4. Is It Over Now? (I’ve got specifically the “but noooo” part stuck in my head all day)
5. Suburban Legends

Part of me is glad none of these came out with the OG, because they all really remind me of how and where I was at the age it released. I’d have been (even more) insufferable than I was!

1. Now That We Don’t Talk
2. Is It Over Now?
3. Suburban Legends
4. Say Don’t Go
5. Slut!

I really love them all though, this has been the only vault for me without a single flop 💙

Reactions: 7
I do not believe Taylor’s friends would ever leak any information. They’re loyal long-term friends.
The tabloids are using generic information that is obvious to anyone. We all know Taylor falls in love super fast and super hard.

Reactions: 9
Whats the phrase. Girl bossed too close to the sun

Its almost like shes fed up of it now but has to keep going to prove her point 🤣
I agree , it actually must feel quite relentless and tiring to have to do those whole re-records thing!

I must say I am enjoying the vault tracks on 1989 SO much, probably my favourite set so far. I think I actually prefer them as a whole to a lot of midnights and lover 😅, they’ve just caught me.

Reactions: 2
I do not believe Taylor’s friends would ever leak any information. They’re loyal long-term friends.
The tabloids are using generic information that is obvious to anyone. We all know Taylor falls in love super fast and super hard.
It might be generic but also, as someone who has security detail agent friends they all agree people forget they exist and talk in front of them. You never know who's listening and talking to the mags. I just don't see it as outlandish.

(Same goes for waiters, hotel employees, concierges. Not everyone signs NDAs).

Reactions: 6
I've had Now That We Don't Talk in my head alllll day. Such a good song. I was going to ask everyone for their rankings of the vault tracks but I'm finding it impossible to do 😂 all I know is Slut is last (I don't hate it it's just my least favourite).
Interesting, I love Slut!

My top 3 are Is It Over Now, Suburban Legends and Slut.

I feel like I would love Say Don’t Go if I listened to it more but it really reminds me of my favourite fictional couple and it makes me well up every time 😭 what is wrong with me

The tabloids are thirsty for new info on Taylor and Travis. They overdid it with the hard launch and now that they haven’t been pictured in a week or two the tabloids will start making stuff up to keep the clicks coming in. It’s not exactly a hard stretch to say that people think they’re rushing it.

Reactions: 6
Just had an email about a Spotify fans crew neck, it is nice..

Interesting, I love Slut!

My top 3 are Is It Over Now, Suburban Legends and Slut.

I feel like I would love Say Don’t Go if I listened to it more but it really reminds me of my favourite fictional couple and it makes me well up every time 😭 what is wrong with me
I must know which is your favorite fictional couple!!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.