Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think in the context of the jovial conversation, the breeders thing is very much a joke and likely not representative of his actual views on the matter.

He can't be a raging misogynist if he's happy in a relationship where he's very much the poor one (and everyone knows it).
Joke or otherwise it says a lot about how he views woman. I just think it’s really disrespectful. True, he might not have as much money as Taylor but he’s hardly signing on down the job centre, he will be able to pay his way.

Reactions: 12
“You know how scared I am of elevators
Never trust it if it rises fast
It can't last”

Wish Taylor would listen to her own lyrics 😂
These lines really freaked me out because I used to be terrified of elevators, until I got mildly teased for it at high school and that shocked me out of it (and then when I visited new york, I nearly had a panic attack going up a skyscraper but fortunately going up skyscrapers is a rare occurrence for me). I've never met anyone who shares/ shared that phobia so it felt like I specifically was being called out.

But it was also my perspective on going into a long distance relationship with a guy I'd only known three months, and now nearly ten years later we're married. I think definitely those moving quick relationships make more sense in your thirties/ late twenties if you have a strong sense of self before going into them (which you don't necessarily do immediately after a long term relationship ends!).

But there's so many eyes on them - I do not envy dating with any level of scrutiny. There's a Graham Norton clip where John Boyega talks about Orlando Bloom giving him some advice before the new Star Wars came out. And Bloom's advice was basically, in a nice way, "Lock a girl down before you get mega-famous because it's so much harder." But then you see so many people who get mega famous in a long term relationship and then they break up with their non-famous partner and get with someone famous!

Reactions: 4
I do think fans should leave them be if they are being over the top. For example mobbing Travis and Taylor if you see them out and about. But discussing remarks Travis himself has made about Taylor on his podcast, discussing say if they did clear out an entire restaurant so they could eat or discussing him dancing to her songs in public is part and parcel of being in a celebrity relationship If you choose to put it out there. I don’t think you can play the PR game and then complain when you don’t have the ball in your court.

Reactions: 13
Totally @MidnightAura . Like "oh please let them be so the relationship can have a fighting chance" is so disingenuous when the whole thing started because he spoke about the bracelet nonsense and made it go viral and has continued to grow because they've been super public.

If they wanted privacy to give the relationship a chance, then they should have just kept it on the downlow for a while.

They not only deserve but actively sought every think piece, article, scrub of old social media. No one deserves insults or hate but if you want attention and court it you can't complain when you get it.

Reactions: 21
I just don't think it's bad enough to dislike him given the context of the conversation, especially when I've seen him be very respectful of her in various other interactions.
Within the context of the breeder jokes you could argue that his protective behaviour of Taylor is very reflective of traditional ideals that men should behave a certain way and be the strong person in that relationship. That can very quickly be tangled up with misogynistic views too

I’m not saying its some burning red flag, and I agree that Taylor probably doesn’t care much for these things unless they start impacting her

Reactions: 14
1. Is It Over Now?
2. Say Don't Go
3. Now That We Don't Talk
4. "Slut!" (even though it's really grown on me, the other 3 are just insanely good)
5. Suburban Legends
Mine is

1. Is It Over Now?
2. Now That We Don't Talk
3. Say Don't Go
4. Slut!
5. Suburban Legends

I will say though for the first time so far, there is not one song I'll skip on the Vault songs - these are the ultimate pop break up/love songs and I love them all! The first two I still can't believe were left off 1989 regardless of reasons. The bridge on Is It Over Now? and the fact it's clearly about Harry would've made it iconic ten years ago.

Reactions: 12
I feel like “is it over now?” Is ruined for me because of this bird screeching sounds.
My ears can’t move past it.
I’m not surprised it was left off the original - it’s a bit more provocative than the songs she released at the time

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Mine's
1. Say Don't Go
2. Is It Over Now?
3. Now That We Don't Talk
4. Suburban Legends
5. Slut!

The songs I was most excited for ended up bottom of the ranking.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Mine is probably controversial 😬

1. Slut
2. Now That We Don’t Talk
3. Is It Over Now
4. Suburban Legends
5. Say Don’t Go

but I would say I love allllll of them loads except say don’t go.. I get a bit bored listening to it 🫣

Reactions: 6
I feel like “is it over now?” Is ruined for me because of this bird screeching sounds.
My ears can’t move past it.
I’m not surprised it was left off the original - it’s a bit more provocative than the songs she released at the time
I like the bird screeching sounds 🫣 I really do have such a lovehate relationship with Antonoff's production weirdness.

Apropos of nothing... I hope the repTV vinyl has a khaki variant. If it didn't have black as its signature colour, it should have been khaki green. Like this jacket:
534b976efa3d22db_Studio_Session-217.jpg

• Heart
Mine are:
Is it over now
Now that we don't talk
Slut
Suburban legends
Say don't go (I actually find this one a bit boring - love all the others though)

Reactions: 7
Finally decided on my top 5!

1. Now that we don't talk
2. Is it over now?
3. Suburban legends
4. Say Don't Go
5. Slut

1. is it over now
2. now that we don’t talk
3. slut
4. say don’t go
5. suburban legends

Reactions: 4
It seems I’m the only person who doesn’t like “is it over now?”. I’ll see myself out 🤣

• Haha
I wonder if the reasoning for everyone putting Slut! so low is because many (including myself) expected an angry Blank Space style song about media representation of her, and instead she managed to turn a song called Slut! into a love song...

Reactions: 16
I like Slut but it's a bit... on the nose. Blank Space is great in part because it takes the piss.

Reactions: 10
Slut! Just doesn't suit the song as a title. It should be called Worth it for Once. Obviously Taylor knows better than me though! The use of Slut as a song title has caused a few awks conversations in my house with a very keen 7yr old Swiftie! I love all the vault tracks though, absolutely obsessed with them tbqhwy

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It seems I’m the only person who doesn’t like “is it over now?”. I’ll see myself out 🤣
It's always interesting to see different favourites! Mine often change too unless it's an instant blown me away favourite as they tend to stay an all time fave. I wouldn't say any of the vault tracks will be one of those though, but I am enjoying them!

Reactions: 5
I thought the vault songs were good on first listen but wasn’t wowed by them. But now I find myself listening to them as a set rather than just one or two like other vaults.
I do still think they sound very similar so I can’t rank them but I have a bit of a soft spot for suburban legends (apart from the slippery hose pipe line which is a bit of a clunker 😂)

I thought the vault songs were good on first listen but wasn’t wowed by them. But now I find myself listening to them as a set rather than just one or two like other vaults.
I do still think they sound very similar so I can’t rank them but I have a bit of a soft spot for suburban legends (apart from the slippery hose pipe line which is a bit of a clunker 😂)
Yes completelyyyy agree in them being very similar and feeling like a set!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.