Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. Is It Over Now?
2. Say Don't Go
3. Now That We Don't Talk
4. "Slut!" (even though it's really grown on me, the other 3 are just insanely good)
5. Suburban Legends
Exact same for me, but tbh I really like them all. I've made a spotify playlist of just the vault tracks and have had them playing through my commutes all week 😅

Reactions: 3
What do you guys think of the speculation about Taylor having actually bought back her masters and that ‘being her plan all along’? I don’t think we’ve discussed it here, but if it’s true it might explain the tail off in TV promo?!

I still foolishly think there has to be more to come for 1989. Thought Taylor Nation’s wording in their post about Is It Over Now? (‘Has only just begun’) felt quite deli

I don’t think she’s bought back her masters, the re-records have proved to be such a success that new deals are putting in clauses to extend the amount of time between artists releasing and re-recording their own back catalogue or in some cases saying they won’t be able to do that. I don’t think she would do business with Scooter Braun under any circumstances. I think she’s just over them and wants to move on.

I still think there’s things to come with 1989, it just feels weird that she’s kind of gone radio silent on the release and hasn’t really been seen. Jack Antonoff is on one of the talk shows tonight and Sylvester Stallone was supposed to be a guest but unless it was a mistake, he’d been removed from listings yesterday so people are speculating she might just show up unannounced.

Editing to add my vault track rankings:
1. Is It Over Now?
2. Now That We Don't Talk
3. Say Don’t Go
4. “Slut!”
5. Suburban Legends

I’m blaming Taylor and her vault songs for the fact that over the last few nights I’ve had 2 dreams about my ex-person (not even a real relationship but still managed to totally and completely break my heart) - the whole thing was like 15 years ago lmao, I’m since happily married and living a happy life. Then Taylor puts a certain song out and my heart goes: oh yeah, ouch.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think she’s bought back her masters, the re-records have proved to be such a success that new deals are putting in clauses to extend the amount of time between artists releasing and re-recording their own back catalogue or in some cases saying they won’t be able to do that. I don’t think she would do business with Scooter Braun under any circumstances. I think she’s just over them and wants to move on.

I still think there’s things to come with 1989, it just feels weird that she’s kind of gone radio silent on the release and hasn’t really been seen. Jack Antonoff is on one of the talk shows tonight and Sylvester Stallone was supposed to be a guest but unless it was a mistake, he’d been removed from listings yesterday so people are speculating she might just show up unannounced.

Editing to add my vault track rankings:
1. Is It Over Now?
2. Now That We Don't Talk
3. Say Don’t Go
4. “Slut!”
5. Suburban Legends
Well her plane has landed back in New York … so it’s feasible

Reactions: 4
My vault track ranking by the wayyyy, is:

1.Is It Over Now?
2. Now That We Don’t Talk
3. Slut!
4. Say Don’t Go / Suburban Legends

I think the last three songs are all on a par for me - the quality is huge on the whole vault, but IION is just on another level for me. An instant new favourite Taylor song - the bridge/ ‘did you think I didnt see you’ section is so so GOOD, I’ve seen comparisons to the DBATC bridge which I can see. She’s so unbelievably talented.

I wonder if they all knew how much talk there would beabout Harry around those songs, so perhaps they’ve deliberately left a bit of room for that to get its moment and then whatever is next will drop any minute now… I feel like there’s something BIG still to come, while the vault tracks add a huge narrative themselves.

Reactions: 7
vault ranking
1. is it over now?
realllly like the bleachers style intro and obsessed w the bridge. like the subtle callbacks to other og songs too. wish it was ten mins long tbh
2. say don't go
very close second, love this bridge too. IION was an instant top whereas this has grown on me a lot
3. now that we don't talk
again wish it was longer! the listing of pretentious tit reminds me of organic shoes and million dollar couch
4. slut
prefer SL's vibe but this arguably has better lyrics. i do like the song but it's a bit grey if that makes sense? if it was a colour it'd be dirty dish water and no i can't explain that any further
5. suburban legends
some of the lines are so clunky? and not a huge fan of the school lyrics but still a great song, none of them are bad by any means

also saw on twitter which blew my mind - 300 coffees / one a day is ten months ... ten months sober 🙃

Reactions: 6
The tour starts again next Friday right? Maybe she will announce something else for 1989 then? Or do you think it's too far away to be saving something.
---
I can’t believe this is real 🤣 🤣 🤣
Hahahaha

Her jet did just land in NY after stopping over Nashville 🤡

Reactions: 2
May have just purchased the Spotify fans first jumper BUT I didn’t buy any other 1989 merch and this was actually the only thing I liked so I feel no guilt… plus I felt all smug that I got the notification ahah

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm so tempted, I do like it, but £55, and I've already bought the cardi. But the whole fan first thing makes me feel special, I'm a sucker for marketing. No, going to resist for now. I'd say there'll be a £10 knock off on AliExpress soon enough

I'm so tempted, I do like it, but £55, and I've already bought the cardi. But the whole fan first thing makes me feel special, I'm a sucker for marketing. No, going to resist for now. I'd say there'll be a £10 knock off on AliExpress soon enough
What put me off is knowing people have probably shared the link around anyway so not only top Spotify fans will have it. At least that’s what I’m telling myself so my credit card can rest 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.