Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suebigfatsue87

VIP Member
Just read this in Glamour magazine…..thoughts?
the article just contradicts itself - it literally puts the definition of hate speech on it 😂 any posts on here that are hate speech get removed! Free speech is totally different. Why don’t they google the human rights act to and see that every human in the U.K. is born with the “right to privacy” and then follow up that pieces of shit like hinch and ss take that away from their kids 😀

I agree that trying to find out people’s addresses etc is a step too far, and thankfully the mods do come down on that quite quickly.

However, I will say this as an example, I’ve no idea where Holly Willloughby lives or what her children look like. She protects her family’s privacy and does not monetise their lives all over social media. You can’t sell your and your children’s privacy to the highest bidder, and then complain people know about your lives.
EXACTLY. Emma Willis is the same as is Katie piper. They love their children and that is clear. Hinchs children are just cash cows to them.

Reactions: 35

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
I went round to visit my mum today (I’ve been let out of isolation finally - whoo hoo!) and she said “you’re not one of those Tattlers are you?” I said, yes I am and she said “but it’s the dark web”. Now my lovely mum doesn’t know what the dark web really is but she does believe every damn thing the frigging mail says. I talk to her about what we are and gave her and gave her examples of why Tattle is a good thing in some respects and she said it was good to have some balance - something the Mail doesn’t and never has had.

• Haha
  • Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
"we're all one tweet away from cancellation"

don't 👏 tweet 👏 stupid 👏 things 👏 then 👏

honestly, this whole thing's been ridiculous

the blue tick brigade really don't like having the plebs around

please don't lump tattle in with the likes of qanon and russian bot farms, thanks. pointing out that someone has lied about having a toaster or is dishing out undeclared affiliate links all over the place or doesn't live in a bungalow or never completes a task not quite the same as trying to destabilise democracy

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
I can think of so many men’s message boards that really are vile - what about punternet where they rate trafficked victims of the sex trade, football forums where they spout racist abuse, the disgusting way they talk about women on the army rumour service forums?

But no, let’s focus on Tattle where they er, mention hidden ads and laugh at people’s self importance.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
My sister was talking about the Russell Brand documentary yesterday, saying 'why did that woman phone his publishers to tell them he was a sex offender?' (the publishers in question, in case anyone hasn't seen the documentary, responded by basically calling the woman a blackmailer). I said 'do you realise how difficult it is to get someone cancelled??' In the case of Jack Monroe, people have done FoI requests, have contacted the ASA and Action Fraud and attempted every official avenue to try to get the word out that she's been financially abusing her fans, with the help of the Guardian et al, for years. And nothing worked. In the case of Brand, it took a years-long investigation to get this stuff out in the open, even though it was an open secret. What are people meant to do? Our only option is to anonymously call it out on here. And anonymity is extremely important, given that in the case of Jack, she would literally tell her fans where her 'trolls' worked so that they could complain to their job (in the case of one ex-fan who requested a refund from her).

Anyway, I digress. But after a weekend like we've had, I defy anyone to come on here and tell us we're the misogynists who are motivated by cruelty. A story like the Brand one will bring up all sorts of emotions from women who have gone through similar (which a depressingly high percentage have done). How anyone could look at tattle this weekend and go through the most liked posts on the front page and not see how needed a platform like this is, is beyond me. It's the safest place on the internet to discuss these things because it's majority women who understand each others' experiences. Whereas you look on twitter or whatever and you've got people like Andrew Tate and Musk himself backing Brand. But it's tattle that people point to, as though *we're* what's wrong with the world. Talk about lack of critical thought.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
All I want for Christmas is one article (from a known outlet) to add some depth to the conversation!

These people can't expect to broadcast their private life as a business and silence members of the public over anything less than praise. That's not how a healthy society functions. Members of the public should be able to discuss those in a position of power and influence. Tattle definitely isn't beyond reproach but neither are these influencers.

I'm a broken record but; influencers and society is an interesting discussion to have, but no publication is delving into that! You'd be forgiven for thinking tattle was the first time in the history of humanity that members of the public spoke about public figures. Someone far smarter than me with an interest in ancient civilizations could probably insert a great bit here!

The Times had an article yesterday, the same old and seems like a puff piece for someone to advertise their podcast. I think it's good someone is using tattle for content, but I won't hold my breath for balance and objectivity.

I highly object to this though:

While the argument for sites such as Tattle is that they can keep influencers accountable, Delaney noted that “there are legitimate channels for that accountability”. These include the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland’s code of standards. Sponsored posts can be removed for breaching the code. It’s also possible to report posts through the apps themselves.

Something concerns her, though: “There is not an ounce of critical discourse or critical thinking in this gossip forum space. It’s very superficial and it’s really rooted in shame and misogyny.”

The advertising regulators can barely deal with 0.01% of the ads on social media and unless it's the most extreme post then facebook etc won't delete either. Let's not pretend there are any professional bodies regulating influencers. Pure fantasy.

There's loads of critical thinking and I think it's misogyny that tattle faces. Influencers is a female dominated industry, women are expected to just shut up and be sold to as anything other isn't #womensupportingwomen #bekind. :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Angry

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
QUICK EDIT TO ADD. Ignore this, peeps. See it’s already being discussed! God, you guys are sharper than a samurais blade!

Oh dear. The DM have brought up the MOD trouble again. Yoiks. Fod won’t be happy! Just when he thought people may be forgetting! Not me Mr.

Second story down.

Mother left feeling suicidal after relentless bullying on Tattle Life

#
This is really starting to piss me off. What these articles fail to mention is the non declaring of ads by influencers, the selling of children by influencers, the racism of some of those influencers…if you read these articles knowing nothing about Tattle or social media, you’d get the impression that influencers are a benign lot who do nothing but spread positivity out of the goodness of their hearts.
What they fail to mention is that they have literally sold their souls (and often that of that of their children) to get where they are. They’ll give you every minute detail of their lives in exchange for £££’s. There’s nothing they won’t sell with no doxxing required. 99% of the time, it’s right there on their own feed. These influencers have somehow failed to realise that they are selling themselves, that THEY are the product. You can’t expect to give away your privacy for a free holiday and not have it commented on. If an author had written a book and the book got trashed, no one would bat an eyelid, however upset the author was, and yet we’re expected to cry over what is literally a snake oil salesman, because someone has something rude about them, on a forum that they had to search out in the first place. Suck it up, you bunch of attention seeking, cry baby wankers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Feels fucking rich from the Daily Mail, who profit off airing every celeb's dirty laundry out for all to see, and also the one who re-post Tattle stuff as their own.

For people interested: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-9887977/What-makes-woman-abuse-stranger-online.html

Also, assuming its just all women! Men are on here as well!
Just read it, what utter crap. ‘Joanna’ is clearly made up as her narrative fits the narrative of the article.
They forgot to mention;
  • children working and being used as content with no regard for their privacy.
  • increased levels of women getting into debt and bankruptcy to keep up with the Insta life.
  • concern over influence to increasingly buy fashion purchases.
  • lack of adherence to COVID rules.
  • the positive vacuum that is Insta and the inability to make any comment that might raise a concern, ie lack of accountability.
  • use of mental health as an issue to gain attention.
and so so so much more. A quick read of some of these threads and a genuine article about the influencing industry is well over due but I was very naive in my assumption that The Fail might have touched in any of this.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
It's probably the same "body positivity" person that's got 3 pages on tattle and has been using it for publicity for ages. :sleep:

Do you know what I want hun? For influencers to actually be regulated and have to follow the rules. For children to not be used by their own parents as performers on social media. I'm far more likely to get what I want than you are!

• Haha
  • Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Beautiful houses, chic summer dresses, cutesy videos of grinning families. The job of a social media influencer is to make life look like something out of a dream, one that followers can aspire to emulate.
Yet there is another corner of the internet, far away from perfect Instagram accounts, dedicated to tearing apart that dream, skewering its architects and critiquing their every move.
Welcome to Tattle Life, an online gossip forum and seriously hateful website.
You may never have heard of it, but it has thousands of users. Last week in front of parliament’s digital, culture, media and sport (DCMS) select committee, Em Sheldon, an influencer with 117,000 Instagram followers, raised the topic of dark online forums. “These women are saying that they are just giving you constructive criticism,” she said. “But unfortunately, they are all hyping each other up and saying, ‘Let’s report her to this person. Let’s do this, let’s do that.’”
Designed to house “commentary and critiques” of those who “choose to monetise their personal life as a business and release it into the public domain”, Tattle Life’s Wild-West discussion boards operate similarly to those of the website Reddit. Millions of comments, often posted under a cloak of online anonymity, pick apart everything from parenting skills to personal hygiene. In-page adverts power the business model. In the week that England footballers criticised Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for allowing hate and abuse to proliferate on their platforms, here exists a website seemingly designed to foster unpleasantness, and is one we appear powerless to hold to account.
“She can’t even hold a paintbrush properly, it’s no wonder it looks like a pile of shit,” wrote Libbub, a “VIP” Tattle Life member on a thread about Stacey Solomon, one-time finalist on The X Factor, as she documented her home renovations to her 4.6 million Instagram followers. “I’m embarrassed for her.”
Solomon’s brush with DIY attracted 1,000 comments in the space of ten days. “She hasn’t even sanded the wood down ... she’s such a messy c***,” suggested dumdums83. “Maybe she should stick to showering instead of DIY,” was the advice of another member.
Tattle Life’s design is simple: a user, identifiable by a screen name, creates a thread about an individual, and the commenters pile in to pick apart the person on trial and their latest posts.
The majority of comments are negative in nature, ranging from acerbic and critical to more aggressive. Some are just a sentence, others several paragraphs. Each thread can contain up to a thousand of them before it is locked and a new one must be created in order for the gossiping to go on. There are 35 threads about Solomon alone, totalling more 34,000 pronouncements on her life.
Their titles are creative, often rhyming. “Shoes might have a lift, but he’s still married to the kween of grift” is the name for thread 124 of the 125 dedicated to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. “Her face is the only thing with more revisions than Finding Freedom!” reads number 101.
The bulk of those targeted are considerably less well-known than Harry and Meghan. Eimear Varian Barry, 34, has had 5,000 comments aimed at her. Her Instagram account, which has 96,500 followers, is a curation of wholesome, sunny photos of a blonde mother with her dogs and her three young children. She says what is posted on Tattle Life extends further than “commentary and critiques”.
“It goes way beyond kind of bitchy comments ... It’s something dangerous, darker, deeper,” she says. On top of the digs about her appearance and speculation about her mental health, romantic relationships and family, she’s been accused of child abuse for posting content involving her children. She says the relentless character assassination has led her to feel suicidal.
One comment in particular, posted last May, prompted the first of three trips to the police, who have opened a file but not taken things further. “She deserves everything she’s going to get,” it read. “I was so scared and paranoid,” recalls Barry. Tattle Life users have also shared pieces of information about her that she hasn’t put online, such as a link to her house when it was up for sale — an act known as “doxing”.
Barry suspects that the majority of those posting about her on Tattle Life are female — an estimated 84% of her Instagram audience are women. “I’ve never ever thought about a man being on Tattle bitching about me,” she says. Commenters notice the tiniest things, such as the shampoo she uses or how much money she’s spent on beauty products.
So who is behind it? Tattle Life first appeared in 2017 and is, it says, owned and operated by a separate site, Lime Goss, a blog that hosts unattributed news-style articles about influencers and public figures. In an article on Lime Goss titled “Inside Tattle Life: Exclusive interview with the founder”, Helen McDougal is named as the site’s originator. She is quoted as saying that the motivation for the forum’s creation was influencers “brazenly breaking the guidelines for adverts” in posts where they were paid to promote brands or products. According to the Advertising Standards Authority, an influencer’s paid-for content should be immediately identifiable as an advert.
In the Lime Goss interview, McDougal says: “Of course it’s a gossip site, so we’re not going to take the moral high ground. Some messages are bitchy, but they aren’t hateful, abusive or threatening.”
Many disagree. A petition on Change.org to shut down Tattle Life started by Michelle Chapman, a YouTuber who goes by the name of Mummy Chelle, has 61,325 signatures.
As the government comes under increasing pressure to tackle problems of trolling, hate and abuse online, it has prepared a draft Online Safety Bill, which aims to place new duties on social media firms and online platforms to remove harmful or illegal content. Under the bill, social media companies would face multi-billion-pound fines for failing to remove harmful or illegal content.
The DCMS said that the “new online safety laws will ensure that sites like Tattle Life are held to account for what happens on their platforms”, which will face fines of up to “10% of global turnover” if they fail to keep people “safe and tackle abuse”.
“I’ve had nothing but relentless abuse, bullying, harassment, discrimination even doxing from this forum,” writes Chapman alongside her petition. “Bullying can lead to suicide. Is that what it’s going to take before [it] gets removed?”
This part about comments makes me think the writer might have had a word-count they had to reach,
Some are just a sentence, others several paragraphs.”

Followed by this, 🤣
Each thread can contain up to a thousand of them before it is locked and a new one must be created in order for the gossiping to go on.

I was half expecting to read, “Tattle Life can be found on The Internet, also known as the World Wide Web, or Information Superhighway”.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Yel

Chatty Member
Well that went down well with their audience. Outside of media bubbles, influencers and their sycophants the vast majority of the general public is on the same page as tattle with how we view social media influencers.

The most liked comments probably didn't come from many people on here as we set it to replace the mail link with an archive one to not give them the traffic and ad money from such trash.

Screenshot_20220119-213736_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20220119-213755_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20220119-213814_Brave.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Yel

Chatty Member
Middle aged women is thrown in a lot with articles about tattle. If the journalists had a drop of integrity they would question how influencers know the demographics of an anonymous forum 🤨 . Of course it's all a lie the influencers tell because they want to convince themselves it's bitter at life old people taking out their woes on totally blameless others, rather than admit it's their own fault. Most people here are their very target audience that were once fans who have now seen too many lies and deceitful behaviour.

Only tattle (well and Google, but journalists can't access them without breaking the law) has the actual stats and here they are:

1643878179285.png

Influencers get lies printed and they seem to become fact, regardless of if there's a single bit of evidence to back them up.

What a sorry state of "journalism". It's no different from the BBC to the Daily Mail, from the Sun to the Guardian they've all shown how little journalistic integrity they have. They may do some good articles but they pump out so much low quality unchecked stuff that you can't assume anything they say is truthful or accurate.

Screenshot_20220125-115535_Chrome.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes: just because an influencer says something it doesn't mean it's true. The lies certain ones tell are the reason they have an active thread 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Not strictly a tattle mention - but fundamentally this tweet is why a LOT of us are here, disillusion with influencer culture and dishonesty. I know Ash gets a LOT of abuse so I’m not suggesting she won’t get backlash, but why is it okay in a Twitter think piece thread but how dare the women targeted by this insidious form of peer to peer marketing have an opinion they discuss with their peers?

F8509DFF-F33E-4A58-A344-9E071E43E3C6.jpeg

• Heart

Ennui

VIP Member
If there are any Daily Mail journos reading here I'd like to ask them if its true as Private Eye alleged that:

1: Ex editor Paul Dacre called his staff cunts so much in meetings that they came to be known as 'The Vagina Monologues'?

2: Current editor Geordie Grieg was photographed being very friendly with Ghislane Maxwell?

3: Why is there no feverish speculation about the rumours surrounding the marriage breakdown of Michael Gove and Mail journo Sarah Vine? You do it to most other couples?

4: Have you ever read the rancid swamp of comments that regularly feature below the line of your articles? How do you have the nerve???

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
How useful of Valerie to admit to all those cliché things that detractors of tattle say. 🤨

It's almost like she was invented for a puff piece for someone hawking a book.

• Haha

MancBee

VIP Member
I read the whole article (properly this time) and it shocks me that apparently Sophie Halle-Richards joined tattle and posted mean comments. Well that was nice of her.
I have also reflected on mine and others contributions to the Jack Monroe threads. We are not mean, we are holding to account. There's a difference.

If these bloggers and influencers tell lies and profit from those lies, if they beg for money and don't keep to the promised rewards, if they crowdfund a project and it doesn't materialise, they are defrauding people.

Why has Sophie Halle-Richards not done an article on the fraudulent activities of these online influencers? Why has she not done an article on the unattainable lifestyles these people peddle? Why has she not done an article about the young people getting into debt because they want to be like their favourite influencer? Why has she not done an article about the adverse effects these influencers have on MH.

I will tell you why. It's easier to write about a site trying to do Sophie's job for her. It's easier for her to call us bullies rather than to check out if what we are saying is true. All we are doing is trying to ensure these influencers are held to account, something Sophie should be doing.

Phew, glad that's off my chest.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Expelliarmus

I suspect one of the reasons Tattle seems to get so much outrage is the perception it’s mainly women. The really horrendous sites that are predominantly assumed to be male populated aren’t mentioned. So yeah - people don’t really like women with opinions. Be kind ladies! Quiet women are nice women apparently.

• Heart

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
This was the only Tattle positive article I have seen where it's mentioned as a place to see what matters in the world.....

I don't think Tattle is anything like as bad as the moaners make out. I think the meaning of the world troll has been diluted to make people feel better. For me a troll would say things like I hope you die, I hope your kids get cancer, you should be stabbed etc. Saying you don't think the offspring of a celebrity isn't cute or that someone isn't talented is not trolling.

Influencers are the worst because they will try and sell you anything for cash. They don't care if they don't use it themselves or it's not good for the planet or is made by people in the third world working for a few pence per day. They are so thin skinned and cannot take constructive critisism and just think they are right all the time.

• Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
People can't debate or take criticism anymore. Everything is so extreme one way or the other. People throw buzzwords like 'troll' 'racist' 'transphobic' as a shield to block anything that doesn't fit into their narrow world view. People pile onto bandwagons for fear of being the one who didn't share or like the 'right' things. Good to see tattle is taking no shit.

• Heart