Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think it's just laziness from the press. It's not really their aim to write something balanced, unbiased and objective. All they're looking for is clicks and generating a strong response.

They've had tens of thousands of clicks with each article in the past as across dozens of threads on tattle people link it due to the strong negative response. And the influencers give it traffic with their strong positive response.

One balanced article would end the cycle of churning out these quickly done articles where they've decided right from the start the story is vile trolls and poor influencers.

It's a shame even the BBC funds articles and documentaries and they also fail despite their goal to be unbiased and objective. But that's the world we live in.

This doesn't mention tattle, but it's the mail writing a whole "article" about a mum-fluencer shutting down the shamers when no mum shamers were even involved. Looks like a rant she started with a "before anyone criticizes me..".

A churn of easy articles made from nothing to get clicks.
Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 07.54.21.png

Reactions: 9
Nope, not having this. The press has huge issues of their own. The Mail has just been exposed for having its old white male journalists pen articles criticising black people then paying young black women to front the byline.

The Sun - we all know the many issues there.

The Guardian shelters sex pests until social media raises the pressure, then they toddle off to the Spectator or wherever.

Even good old Private Eye did the same which is hugely disappointing.

Until they are upfront about their own gaping flaws don't think I can take any of it seriously.

Reactions: 21
Nope, not having this. The press has huge issues of their own. The Mail has just been exposed for having its old white male journalists pen articles criticising black people then paying young black women to front the byline.

The Sun - we all know the many issues there.

The Guardian shelters sex pests until social media raises the pressure, then they toddle off to the Spectator or wherever.

Even good old Private Eye did the same which is hugely disappointing.

Until they are upfront about their own gaping flaws don't think I can take any of it seriously.
Exactly this. The reason journalists and media outlets are so quick to believe/publish criticism about tattle is that they know we criticise them as well and they want to keep their jobs

Reactions: 7
“However, a small but powerful minority of trolls wait on their every post before rushing to gossip sites like Tattle Life, where anonymous users can pull apart and ridicule their lives.”

View attachment 2470989
A sick game? How about these idiots behave like actual parents and stop performing for the cameras at every turn? That would prevent their kids from being taken away right?

Reactions: 9
A sick game? How about these idiots behave like actual parents and stop performing for the cameras at every turn? That would prevent their kids from being taken away right?
Too much like hard work. Easier to reee to the Daily Mail about it to get more clicks.

Reactions: 3
I think 'Valerie' has a point. I have no issue with being critical of influencers because they do choose to put their lives online knowing people won't always react positively. It's also their choice to read here if they do. It's not like people who criticise influencers on Tattle are rubbing it in influencers' faces - whereas if you comment directly on a YouTube video or Instagram post, that's kind of what you're doing.

That all said, I think some comments can border on cruel and go a little too far. Like 'Valerie' says, some of that comes from letting off steam. But it's not a criticism that's unique to Tattle. Over the past 10 years or so, I've posted on many different forums/sites and seen similar behaviour across all of them. In fact, I've even seen criticism of Tattle and its members on other sites (I obviously won't say where or provide links) where they sit bitching about people for bitching on Tattle, seemingly unaware of their hypocrisy!

But it has to be recognised that some people do use the internet to let off steam and as long as it doesn't stray into outright abuse, online criticism is generally fine and does have its place.

Reactions: 14
How useful of Valerie to admit to all those cliché things that detractors of tattle say. 🤨

It's almost like she was invented for a puff piece for someone hawking a book.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think 'Valerie' has a point. I have no issue with being critical of influencers because they do choose to put their lives online knowing people won't always react positively. It's also their choice to read here if they do. It's not like people who criticise influencers on Tattle are rubbing it in influencers' faces - whereas if you comment directly on a YouTube video or Instagram post, that's kind of what you're doing.

That all said, I think some comments can border on cruel and go a little too far. Like 'Valerie' says, some of that comes from letting off steam. But it's not a criticism that's unique to Tattle. Over the past 10 years or so, I've posted on many different forums/sites and seen similar behaviour across all of them. In fact, I've even seen criticism of Tattle and its members on other sites (I obviously won't say where or provide links) where they sit bitching about people for bitching on Tattle, seemingly unaware of their hypocrisy!

But it has to be recognised that some people do use the internet to let off steam and as long as it doesn't stray into outright abuse, online criticism is generally fine and does have its place.
How exciting !!

Its like The Traitors, Valerie walking around in her black cloak pretending to be a faithful tattler but shes been sneaking off sowing seeds about us 🤣

• Haha

Here's a bit of Tattle-ception, this thread was studied by some academics who concluded that Tattlers are contradictory wimmin who act like they are oppressed while oppressing other women 🥴
Funny they “studied” this thread which is in the Off Topic forum but then focused their paper on the content of threads in the Public Figure Gossip forum instead. Hello researchers 👋 your paper is all wrong, we talk about things other than public figures and also have rave threads!

Reactions: 18
That stylist article is so annoying because it says, “Why I became a Tattle life mean girl”, but when you read it, Valerie’s more of a Redditor.

They always just go for tattle because we’re mostly women here, so it gets more clicks, even though there as much worse forums online.

Last edited:
  • Heart
That stylist artcoke is so annoying because it says, “Why I became a Tattle life mean girl”, but when you read it, Valerie’s more of a Redditor.

They always just go for tattle because we’re mostly women here, so it gets more clicks, even though there as much worse forums online.
Exactly, reddit it so much worse. Parts of it wouldn't be out of place on 4chan meanwhile we're complaining about people's clothes and undisclosed ads

Reactions: 16
They always omit to mention those that come on here to push themselves out there, Tattles great for SM engagement 😂

Reactions: 7
How exciting !!

Its like The Traitors, Valerie walking around in her black cloak pretending to be a faithful tattler but shes been sneaking off sowing seeds about us 🤣

(FYI, I’m not Valerie, I would have written a funnier article than that!)
---
It took 4 people to write this??? And it's funded?? We need a complete shutdown of academia until we figure out what the hell is going on.
One of them has blue hair 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
to be fair the study is clearly based on a gendered focus. It’s reasonable that they would pick sites that are evidently used by primarily women

I think the point about victimisation is rather interesting 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2