Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's disheartening all the cancel culture tattle faces while the male dominated equivariant sites don't attract any such publicity. The only ones that do are the actual abhorrent ones with links to terrorism, harassment, neo nazis etc.

But I guess if the national press and all these beauty/style magazines call tattle the worst site on the internet then it must be true o_O

Reactions: 19
This is the article where Baddiel said those things - https://archive.md/H79L9

Always makes me wonder if they were happy to talk about things like that in the 90s to journalists and think it was acceptable, what else did they get up to?
What a horrible child DB was and clearly didn't redeem himself with age. Yes, children can be cruel but generally not in that scenario. His lack of shame makes me sick

Reactions: 11
What a horrible child DB was and clearly didn't redeem himself with age. Yes, children can be cruel but generally not in that scenario. His lack of shame makes me sick
also talking about it as if it is a funny anecdote is just disgusting

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not strictly a tattle mention - but fundamentally this tweet is why a LOT of us are here, disillusion with influencer culture and dishonesty. I know Ash gets a LOT of abuse so I’m not suggesting she won’t get backlash, but why is it okay in a Twitter think piece thread but how dare the women targeted by this insidious form of peer to peer marketing have an opinion they discuss with their peers?

F8509DFF-F33E-4A58-A344-9E071E43E3C6.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I was just coming on here to mention the tweets by Ash Sarkar. I think she’s spot on to be honest. It’s really interesting that we have started 2022 with an outpouring of criticism of influencer culture thanks to Elle Darby and Mollie Mae. Maybe the scales are finally starting to fall from peoples eyes about the whole thing??

E68B6FBF-8C92-4456-9EFA-0938AC3B204C.jpeg
3F92CFF6-2363-4DE8-8204-8F133A26068B.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I was just coming on here to mention the tweets by Ash Sarkar. I think she’s spot on to be honest. It’s really interesting that we have started 2022 with an outpouring of criticism of influencer culture thanks to Elle Darby and Mollie Mae. Maybe the scales are finally starting to fall from peoples eyes about the whole thing??

View attachment 971454View attachment 971455
The pyramid scheme point is SO true. The insane thing is we’re being told/coerced into spending our earnt income on things influencers either would not or could not buy with their old world (or even current influencing) income? Like a gr8 example of this was MOD/FOD flogging a £1k BBQ which is ridiculous for Britain (unless you BBQ all year round which I know some people do lol) and smugly telling people their audience could afford it to now post public disgracing he’s asking how to save money on a £20 lead test and trying to fight his way out a £40 PCN.

Similarly the frugality is showing ££ candles and extensions all the while her front room window doesn’t work and the house needs repointing?! Pls stop showing us shoes and dresses and sort your death trap house out?! It’s like emporer’s new clothes on speed.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

View attachment 971454View attachment 971455
It's beyond just the female dominated sectors as well. Blokes are just as easily scammed in traditionally male areas of interest.

I'm into my metal music + guitar playing and every time this one company brings a new product out there's a whole circle of male guitar YouTubers who have videos ready to go testing out the new product and saying it's the best one yet, you gotta get it it's so versatile! These products are £80 to £150 a pop and come out every 6 months. You don't need to be spending that much money every few months its absurd! And then the Youtubers are just getting them for free so how they can really make a judgement of if its worth the money or not?

With an economic downturn on the horizon I can see the system collapsing. Lifestyle expenses on subscriptions & luxuries will be the first to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I can't remember where I read this but it makes a good point:

'It is objectively hilarious, as a society, to have invented a whole class of people whose job is to film themselves pretending to be excited as they open boxes of free stuff. Even funnier, there’s a whole other class of people who choose to watch the first class of people opening their boxes of free stuff and pretending to look delighted, and then (this really is the good bit) will go and buy what they saw someone else get for nothing and pretend to be delighted with.'

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
It's beyond just the female dominated sectors as well. Blokes are just as easily scammed in traditionally male areas of interest.
I work in crypto and the influencer scams are off the scale - there are so many guys who'll buy a token for cheap, promote it to their followers, then sell immediately as soon as the price goes up. It's shocking that they keep getting away with it TBH, but apparently regularly posting the standard aspirational shot of a Rolexed wrist on the steering wheel of a fancy car is enough to keep them in business.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I work in crypto and the influencer scams are off the scale - there are so many guys who'll buy a token for cheap, promote it to their followers, then sell immediately as soon as the price goes up. It's shocking that they keep getting away with it TBH, but apparently regularly posting the standard aspirational shot of a Rolexed wrist on the steering wheel of a fancy car is enough to keep them in business.
Is this the same with NFTs? We’re really into crypto but neither of us get them, I see a lot of YouTubers/drill artists talking about certain coins or items (if that’s even the right word) and I said to my husband I honestly think they’re gaming the system with it, like an NFT’s ceiling is however much hype someone that’s bought into it can generate? He said he wasn’t sure if that’s the case as neither of us know enough about them lol.

Reactions: 8
Is this the same with NFTs? We’re really into crypto but neither of us get them, I see a lot of YouTubers/drill artists talking about certain coins or items (if that’s even the right word) and I said to my husband I honestly think they’re gaming the system with it, like an NFT’s ceiling is however much hype someone that’s bought into it can generate? He said he wasn’t sure if that’s the case as neither of us know enough about them lol.
Yeah same with NFTs too. NFTs and crypto are like MLMs for men. So many idiots putting money into the market for speculative, potentially worthless "assets" when they should just be sticking their money into an ISA or index fund.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Whilst it would be nice to believe that this is the end for Molly-Mae and Elle Darby within a month they will be back having morphed into the victims somehow.

Step 1 - Break from social media
Step 2 - Tearfilled return, telling their followers, whom they have never met and do not know from Adam, how much they missed them and that their Phoenix like resurrection is “for them because that’s what you wanted”
Step 3 - On reflection, I was young, not that person anymore (have you grown a new body from cloned cells in your absence?), pick one, two or even three.
Step 4 - thanks for the messages of support (whether received or not).
Step 5 - “Online bullying and death threats” (essential)
Step 6 - ‘Me mental health” (essential and a game of skittles)
Step 7 - grown as a person (steroids? Or chocolate cake?). Please forgive.
Step 8 - Buy my hoodie you dumbfucks

Reactions: 14
They might have a semi-public breakdown like spotted in trackies with no make up in an Aldi buying a 4 pack of lambrini and a Rustlers burger and evryone will be like noooo #BeKind you can't criticise people

Reactions: 5
Yeah same with NFTs too. NFTs and crypto are like MLMs for men. So many idiots putting money into the market for speculative, potentially worthless "assets" when they should just be sticking their money into an ISA or index fund.
Sorry I’m a huge crypto fan - it’s important to have a diversified portfolio and I have everything from cash (being eroded by inflation lol), NS&I, SSISA, crypto, house if you want to be ruthless and view it as an investment and crypto is really the only asset class getting any returns. The funds I’m invested in via my SSISA have decent returns but you’re talking like 6% in a normal year (although cos of the pandemic it has been better as we bought “cheap”) whereas crypto is doing really well (ETA - not currently but we’re planning to buy a lot whilst it’s “on sale” so it works well for us). It’s incredibly volatile and you should hypothetically only put what you can afford to lose / at the very least not need to access at short notice but it’s definitely something worth researching to see if it works for your risk appetite/financial goals.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Whilst it would be nice to believe that this is the end for Molly-Mae and Elle Darby within a month they will be back having morphed into the victims somehow.

Step 1 - Break from social media
Step 2 - Tearfilled return, telling their followers, whom they have never met and do not know from Adam, how much they missed them and that their Phoenix like resurrection is “for them because that’s what you wanted”
Step 3 - On reflection, I was young, not that person anymore (have you grown a new body from cloned cells in your absence?), pick one, two or even three.
Step 4 - thanks for the messages of support (whether received or not).
Step 5 - “Online bullying and death threats” (essential)
Step 6 - ‘Me mental health” (essential and a game of skittles)
Step 7 - grown as a person (steroids? Or chocolate cake?). Please forgive.
Step 8 - Buy my hoodie you dumbfucks
Goodness me. THIS is classic behaviour !!!! I'm witnessing a handful of so called 'influencers ' doing All of this right now !!!

They rightly get Called out for their crappy behaviour and then they're soon planning when they can move to step 8 . Uncanny !

So, so true.

Reactions: 4
There will definitely be crisis management ongoing and then follow the playbook to bring the influencer back. My only observation is that there is a lot of criticism already of influencers using the same playbook and just tick boxing the actions in order to get on track. I think the independent had a good article yesterday about Elle Darbys apology and how it wasn’t enough. I think the likes of Gleam and Molly Mae’s management could easily be finding themselves out of depth in dealing with the publicity being received and I’m pretty interested to see how they weather it to be honest!

I’ve doubt they will continue to work as influencers though. Elles situation is more difficult to come back from though as she’s been racist and some people just won’t forgot no matter how good the come back video.

The thing is influencers want the best of both worlds. They enjoy and benefit from media that is decentralised away from the tradition media model but then want to control their duck ups via traditional means when the tit hits the fan. The truth is they can’t have it both ways. Your duck ups will be discussed and debated online, and your apologies won’t necessarily end the matter as people can voice opinions on it. It’s an interesting time

• Heart
Reactions: 9
TBH the biggest NFTs are just money-laundering at the moment. There are some projects that make good use of NFTs, but when they're presented as valuable pieces of art...ehhh, no. It's fairly easy to run a scam there - a group launches a collection of NFTs, sells a few of them to each other's wallets for large sums, then everyone rushes in to start minting.

There are a lot of great, innovative things happening in the blockchain world, but there are so, so many scams, too...

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Sorry I’m a huge crypto fan - it’s important to have a diversified portfolio and I have everything from cash (being eroded by inflation lol), NS&I, SSISA, crypto, house if you want to be ruthless and view it as an investment and crypto is really the only asset class getting any returns. The funds I’m invested in via my SSISA have decent returns but you’re talking like 6% in a normal year (although cos of the pandemic it has been better as we bought “cheap”) whereas crypto is doing really well (ETA - not currently but we’re planning to buy a lot whilst it’s “on sale” so it works well for us). It’s incredibly volatile and you should hypothetically only put what you can afford to lose / at the very least not need to access at short notice but it’s definitely something worth researching to see if it works for your risk appetite/financial goals.
Yeah I understand that. Crypto seems like it can be a great investment but for moral reasons I'm quite opposed to it so would prefer more traditional investments.

Reactions: 2