Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The times are really scraping the barrel now, a whole article on this abuse website and these are the quotes they use. Same old making up lies about doxxing that they aways do 😴

“She can’t even hold a paintbrush properly, it’s no wonder it looks like a pile of tit,” wrote Libbub, a “VIP” Tattle Life member on a thread about Stacey Solomon, one-time finalist on The X Factor, as she documented her home renovations to her 4.6 million Instagram followers. “I’m embarrassed for her.”
Solomon’s brush with DIY attracted 1,000 comments in the space of ten days. “She hasn’t even sanded the wood down ... she’s such a messy c***,” suggested dumdums83. “Maybe she should stick to showering instead of DIY,” was the advice of another member.

I'm sure they could have cherry picked far better posts to include a snippet of out of the 6+ million to push the point they're trying to make🤦‍♀️.

Can't wait for this new law to come in and for the influencers to realise that something they consider hurtful about them is not even in the same ballpay as the threshold to break the law. They've turned their life into a commercial entity, people are allowed to comment on businesses and views such as saying their paintwork is tit aren't going to be illegal 🤣. Tattles rules are already far stricter than these will be !

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Tattle does seem to be the Moral Panic du jour. You'd think an article which talks about the ASA etc wouldn't let someone get away with "“But unfortunately, they are all hyping each other up and saying, ‘Let’s report her to this person ... " without asking who people are reporting them to, and for what.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
QUICK EDIT TO ADD. Ignore this, peeps. See it’s already being discussed! God, you guys are sharper than a samurais blade!

Oh dear. The DM have brought up the MOD trouble again. Yoiks. Fod won’t be happy! Just when he thought people may be forgetting! Not me Mr.

Second story down.

Mother left feeling suicidal after relentless bullying on Tattle Life

#

Reactions: 5
I used to think the times was a reputable paper, but after this week no more! They've suggested that tattle is about sending death threats, rape threats and wishing cancer on people! I lurk on here a lot and have never seen anything like that at all else I wouldn't read that. I'm sure there are sites that do have that but not here. On the Kate Hayes thread the worst I've ever seen is a nasty comment about her child and it was condemned by all and deleted pretty quickly. I was an occasional Sunday times reader but I doubt I'll buy it again since coving this topic so badly!!

Reactions: 11
I wonder if the Sunday Times considered asking India Knight for her opinion on Tattle - she is middle-aged and has a thread here ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My first post after lurking for a while. Seems like they have got it in for us today!
IMG_20210718_210124.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I found this article in the Sunday Time today. Does anyone have a subscription to perhaps post some excerpts from the article. I see Josefiens's friend, Em Sheldon mentioned, but cannot read further as I don't subscribe. Let's see what they are complaining about.
Sunday Times.png
Sunday Times2.png

• Wow
I found this article in the Sunday Time today. Does anyone have a subscription to perhaps post some excerpts from the article. I see Josefiens's friend, Em Sheldon mentioned, but cannot read further as I don't subscribe. Let's see what they are complaining about.
View attachment 668885View attachment 668886
Oh my friend sent me a hack to get through the pay wall... I'll look back on what's app and see if I can find it...

Reactions: 2
View attachment 668885View attachment 668886
Beautiful houses, chic summer dresses, cutesy videos of grinning families. The job of a social media influencer is to make life look like something out of a dream, one that followers can aspire to emulate.
Yet there is another corner of the internet, far away from perfect Instagram accounts, dedicated to tearing apart that dream, skewering its architects and critiquing their every move.
Welcome to Tattle Life, an online gossip forum and seriously hateful website.
You may never have heard of it, but it has thousands of users. Last week in front of parliament’s digital, culture, media and sport (DCMS) select committee, Em Sheldon, an influencer with 117,000 Instagram followers, raised the topic of dark online forums. “These women are saying that they are just giving you constructive criticism,” she said. “But unfortunately, they are all hyping each other up and saying, ‘Let’s report her to this person. Let’s do this, let’s do that.’”
Designed to house “commentary and critiques” of those who “choose to monetise their personal life as a business and release it into the public domain”, Tattle Life’s Wild-West discussion boards operate similarly to those of the website Reddit. Millions of comments, often posted under a cloak of online anonymity, pick apart everything from parenting skills to personal hygiene. In-page adverts power the business model. In the week that England footballers criticised Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for allowing hate and abuse to proliferate on their platforms, here exists a website seemingly designed to foster unpleasantness, and is one we appear powerless to hold to account.
“She can’t even hold a paintbrush properly, it’s no wonder it looks like a pile of tit,” wrote Libbub, a “VIP” Tattle Life member on a thread about Stacey Solomon, one-time finalist on The X Factor, as she documented her home renovations to her 4.6 million Instagram followers. “I’m embarrassed for her.”
Solomon’s brush with DIY attracted 1,000 comments in the space of ten days. “She hasn’t even sanded the wood down ... she’s such a messy c***,” suggested dumdums83. “Maybe she should stick to showering instead of DIY,” was the advice of another member.
Tattle Life’s design is simple: a user, identifiable by a screen name, creates a thread about an individual, and the commenters pile in to pick apart the person on trial and their latest posts.
The majority of comments are negative in nature, ranging from acerbic and critical to more aggressive. Some are just a sentence, others several paragraphs. Each thread can contain up to a thousand of them before it is locked and a new one must be created in order for the gossiping to go on. There are 35 threads about Solomon alone, totalling more 34,000 pronouncements on her life.
Their titles are creative, often rhyming. “Shoes might have a lift, but he’s still married to the kween of grift” is the name for thread 124 of the 125 dedicated to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. “Her face is the only thing with more revisions than Finding Freedom!” reads number 101.
The bulk of those targeted are considerably less well-known than Harry and Meghan. Eimear Varian Barry, 34, has had 5,000 comments aimed at her. Her Instagram account, which has 96,500 followers, is a curation of wholesome, sunny photos of a blonde mother with her dogs and her three young children. She says what is posted on Tattle Life extends further than “commentary and critiques”.
“It goes way beyond kind of bitchy comments ... It’s something dangerous, darker, deeper,” she says. On top of the digs about her appearance and speculation about her mental health, romantic relationships and family, she’s been accused of child abuse for posting content involving her children. She says the relentless character assassination has led her to feel suicidal.
One comment in particular, posted last May, prompted the first of three trips to the police, who have opened a file but not taken things further. “She deserves everything she’s going to get,” it read. “I was so scared and paranoid,” recalls Barry. Tattle Life users have also shared pieces of information about her that she hasn’t put online, such as a link to her house when it was up for sale — an act known as “doxing”.
Barry suspects that the majority of those posting about her on Tattle Life are female — an estimated 84% of her Instagram audience are women. “I’ve never ever thought about a man being on Tattle bitching about me,” she says. Commenters notice the tiniest things, such as the shampoo she uses or how much money she’s spent on beauty products.
So who is behind it? Tattle Life first appeared in 2017 and is, it says, owned and operated by a separate site, Lime Goss, a blog that hosts unattributed news-style articles about influencers and public figures. In an article on Lime Goss titled “Inside Tattle Life: Exclusive interview with the founder”, Helen McDougal is named as the site’s originator. She is quoted as saying that the motivation for the forum’s creation was influencers “brazenly breaking the guidelines for adverts” in posts where they were paid to promote brands or products. According to the Advertising Standards Authority, an influencer’s paid-for content should be immediately identifiable as an advert.
In the Lime Goss interview, McDougal says: “Of course it’s a gossip site, so we’re not going to take the moral high ground. Some messages are bitchy, but they aren’t hateful, abusive or threatening.”
Many disagree. A petition on Change.org to shut down Tattle Life started by Michelle Chapman, a YouTuber who goes by the name of Mummy Chelle, has 61,325 signatures.
As the government comes under increasing pressure to tackle problems of trolling, hate and abuse online, it has prepared a draft Online Safety Bill, which aims to place new duties on social media firms and online platforms to remove harmful or illegal content. Under the bill, social media companies would face multi-billion-pound fines for failing to remove harmful or illegal content.
The DCMS said that the “new online safety laws will ensure that sites like Tattle Life are held to account for what happens on their platforms”, which will face fines of up to “10% of global turnover” if they fail to keep people “safe and tackle abuse”.
“I’ve had nothing but relentless abuse, bullying, harassment, discrimination even doxing from this forum,” writes Chapman alongside her petition. “Bullying can lead to suicide. Is that what it’s going to take before [it] gets removed?”

• Wow
Reactions: 7
The simple answer is don’t search your name on Tattle Life 🤷🏻‍♀️ If you don’t look, you don’t know because none of us are putting anything on their social media, so how exactly do they know unless they’re stalking about on here? It’s for us, not for you.

If they want to live in an echo chamber - fine but there’s people who are sick to the back teeth of the begging and the grifting and need a place to let off steam because you sure as hell be blocked or have your comment deleted if you constructively criticise on their pages.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Beautiful houses, chic summer dresses, cutesy videos of grinning families. The job of a social media influencer is to make life look like something out of a dream, one that followers can aspire to emulate.
Yet there is another corner of the internet, far away from perfect Instagram accounts, dedicated to tearing apart that dream, skewering its architects and critiquing their every move.
You may never have heard of it, but it has thousands of users. Last week in front of parliament’s digital, culture, media and sport (DCMS) select committee, Em Sheldon, an influencer with 117,000 Instagram followers, raised the topic of dark online forums. “These women are saying that they are just giving you constructive criticism,” she said. “But unfortunately, they are all hyping each other up and saying, ‘Let’s report her to this person. Let’s do this, let’s do that.’”
Designed to house “commentary and critiques” of those who “choose to monetise their personal life as a business and release it into the public domain”, Tattle Life’s Wild-West discussion boards operate similarly to those of the website Reddit. Millions of comments, often posted under a cloak of online anonymity, pick apart everything from parenting skills to personal hygiene. In-page adverts power the business model. In the week that England footballers criticised Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for allowing hate and abuse to proliferate on their platforms, here exists a website seemingly designed to foster unpleasantness, and is one we appear powerless to hold to account.
Tattle Life’s design is simple: a user, identifiable by a screen name, creates a thread about an individual, and the commenters pile in to pick apart the person on trial and their latest posts.
The majority of comments are negative in nature, ranging from acerbic and critical to more aggressive. Some are just a sentence, others several paragraphs. Each thread can contain up to a thousand of them before it is locked and a new one must be created in order for the gossiping to go on. There are 35 threads about Solomon alone, totalling more 34,000 pronouncements on her life.
Their titles are creative, often rhyming. “Shoes might have a lift, but he’s still married to the kween of grift” is the name for thread 124 of the 125 dedicated to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. “Her face is the only thing with more revisions than Finding Freedom!” reads number 101.
The bulk of those targeted are considerably less well-known than Harry and Meghan. Eimear Varian Barry, 34, has had 5,000 comments aimed at her. Her Instagram account, which has 96,500 followers, is a curation of wholesome, sunny photos of a blonde mother with her dogs and her three young children. She says what is posted on Tattle Life extends further than “commentary and critiques”.
“It goes way beyond kind of bitchy comments ... It’s something dangerous, darker, deeper,” she says. On top of the digs about her appearance and speculation about her mental health, romantic relationships and family, she’s been accused of child abuse for posting content involving her children. She says the relentless character assassination has led her to feel suicidal.
One comment in particular, posted last May, prompted the first of three trips to the police, who have opened a file but not taken things further. “She deserves everything she’s going to get,” it read. “I was so scared and paranoid,” recalls Barry. Tattle Life users have also shared pieces of information about her that she hasn’t put online, such as a link to her house when it was up for sale — an act known as “doxing”.
Barry suspects that the majority of those posting about her on Tattle Life are female — an estimated 84% of her Instagram audience are women. “I’ve never ever thought about a man being on Tattle bitching about me,” she says. Commenters notice the tiniest things, such as the shampoo she uses or how much money she’s spent on beauty products.
So who is behind it? Tattle Life first appeared in 2017 and is, it says, owned and operated by a separate site, Lime Goss, a blog that hosts unattributed news-style articles about influencers and public figures. In an article on Lime Goss titled “Inside Tattle Life: Exclusive interview with the founder”, Helen McDougal is named as the site’s originator. She is quoted as saying that the motivation for the forum’s creation was influencers “brazenly breaking the guidelines for adverts” in posts where they were paid to promote brands or products. According to the Advertising Standards Authority, an influencer’s paid-for content should be immediately identifiable as an advert.
In the Lime Goss interview, McDougal says: “Of course it’s a gossip site, so we’re not going to take the moral high ground. Some messages are bitchy, but they aren’t hateful, abusive or threatening.”
Many disagree. A petition on Change.org to shut down Tattle Life started by Michelle Chapman, a YouTuber who goes by the name of Mummy Chelle, has 61,325 signatures.
As the government comes under increasing pressure to tackle problems of trolling, hate and abuse online, it has prepared a draft Online Safety Bill, which aims to place new duties on social media firms and online platforms to remove harmful or illegal content. Under the bill, social media companies would face multi-billion-pound fines for failing to remove harmful or illegal content.
The DCMS said that the “new online safety laws will ensure that sites like Tattle Life are held to account for what happens on their platforms”, which will face fines of up to “10% of global turnover” if they fail to keep people “safe and tackle abuse”.
“I’ve had nothing but relentless abuse, bullying, harassment, discrimination even doxing from this forum,” writes Chapman alongside her petition. “Bullying can lead to suicide. Is that what it’s going to take before [it] gets removed?”
I must say the title of the Harry and Meghan thread made me laugh when I read it in the article. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This part about comments makes me think the writer might have had a word-count they had to reach,
“Some are just a sentence, others several paragraphs.”

Followed by this, 🤣
“Each thread can contain up to a thousand of them before it is locked and a new one must be created in order for the gossiping to go on.”

I was half expecting to read, “Tattle Life can be found on The Internet, also known as the World Wide Web, or Information Superhighway”.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
How interesting! An article about an opinion about the opinions of others based on opinions of people expressing themselves. Just fascinating 🧐 😳

Surprised the author didn’t talk about racist tweets or fraud committed by some influencers that buy followers as well scamming some of their viewers. If they think Tattle is bad, I guess they haven’t seen Twitter. 🤷‍♀️

People (influencers/content creators) enjoy freedom of speech or the right to express oneself but as long as it’s not exposing them for lies or calling them out for their shifty behavior. Noted 📝 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 12
QUICK EDIT TO ADD. Ignore this, peeps. See it’s already being discussed! God, you guys are sharper than a samurais blade!

Oh dear. The DM have brought up the MOD trouble again. Yoiks. Fod won’t be happy! Just when he thought people may be forgetting! Not me Mr.

Second story down.

Mother left feeling suicidal after relentless bullying on Tattle Life

#
This is really starting to piss me off. What these articles fail to mention is the non declaring of ads by influencers, the selling of children by influencers, the racism of some of those influencers…if you read these articles knowing nothing about Tattle or social media, you’d get the impression that influencers are a benign lot who do nothing but spread positivity out of the goodness of their hearts.
What they fail to mention is that they have literally sold their souls (and often that of that of their children) to get where they are. They’ll give you every minute detail of their lives in exchange for £££’s. There’s nothing they won’t sell with no doxxing required. 99% of the time, it’s right there on their own feed. These influencers have somehow failed to realise that they are selling themselves, that THEY are the product. You can’t expect to give away your privacy for a free holiday and not have it commented on. If an author had written a book and the book got trashed, no one would bat an eyelid, however upset the author was, and yet we’re expected to cry over what is literally a snake oil salesman, because someone has something rude about them, on a forum that they had to search out in the first place. Suck it up, you bunch of attention seeking, cry baby wankers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Maybe the press should start reporting the exploitation that is going on, I am tired of influencers using mental health issues and serious mental illness to deflect criticism, to increase engagement and make sales.
EHEM lydia millen

Reactions: 6
You think these media outlets are any more reliable when it comes to reporting politics?

My first cracks appeared reading the BBC's online tech pages many years ago. Whenever there was an article in an area I was knowledgeable in, due to my career, I was always left either astounded at how incorrect the information was, or how dumbed-down and misrepresented it was reported. Every time. Like the tech correspondent hadn't a scoob what she/he was reporting on and was just the junior writer assigned to that news desk. Which was probably true.

I trust the media to report on a flood or a murder but anything beyond that, not so much. Not I think it's all tinfoil hat fake-news, rather that it's a narrative I'm being presented with, with what I should conclude built in, instead of an unbiased reporting of facts inclusive of opposing viewpoints. The BBC specialise in that - side swerving the "fake news" charge by being able to point to verifiable sources, when it's more what they choose to omit that's the problem, and crafts the narrative.

Like what's happening here.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What I find funny is when people are asked for evidence of the "most disgusting vile messages" that have been posted here they say "they've been deleted". So what are they complaining about? That mods quickly delete any messages that go too far?

Most of the time the messages they claim were posted here is a complete lie. Anyone can sign up and influencers often do to post awful messages to smear (that everyone on tattle would call out) then screen shot these thinking they're so clever and proving a point when all they're doing is trying to detract from the legitimate complaints about them and make up a false narrative about what's posted here. 🤦‍♀️ Kinda proving how shady and dishonest the whole influencer thing is.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Didn't really know where to put this so I thought I'd put it here. I just watched the Belle Gibson doc on the iplayer, which led me to this article https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...er-con-everything-about-this-story-is-extreme (sounds like an interesting book, I might request it from the library) and anyway the thought struck me that journalists should be blooming grateful to tattle! We are the fact checkers! But of course they're all in it together anyway, IYKWIM.

I don't see anyone here:
1 Laughing about the death of a young woman.

2 Knowingly shacked up with a scumbag convicted of possession of paedophilic images.

3 Approvingly quoted by a neo nazi to justify his mass murder of young people.

I would get all the above in a copy of The Times though. They are well renumerated for their opinions too. Go figure.

• Heart
Reactions: 22