Tanya Burr the Professional Actress Known for her Stage and Screen Work

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think this article has been posted here, it's the link in her bio

One of the things that's most striking about actress Tanya Burr is her sheer determination — her force of will. It radiates from her. It's fierce, refreshing, and totally without arrogance. Thanks to the openness with which she discusses the challenges in her life, she's also incredibly relatable, which probably goes some way to explaining her 3.6 million YouTube subscribers and 3.1 million Instagram followers. She's taken her fans with her on a journey from being a Norwich based vlogger to an actress living in London with her husband, presenter and writer Jim Chapman, and their interest in her life shows no signs of abating.

Burr's rise to prominence is a quintessentially 21st century tale. She started out working behind a makeup counter and producing YouTube tutorials on the side. Her videos took off, and by 2012 the Daily Mail reports she was amassing 2 million visits a month. Today, she works as an actress, sits front row at Dior, and uses her platform to support causes like Amika George's Free Periods campaign, who's December 2017 protest she spoke at with Scarlett Curtis and Adwoa Aboah. With a recent role in Sky drama Bulletproof, and with upcoming gigs in British Indie picture Hurt By Paradise and horror film Cassette, I caught up with Burr after what she called "one of the best summers in my whole life" to talk acting, the genius of Reese Witherspoon, and taking care of your mental health.

:rolleyes:

Honestly how is she not embarrassed by all those lies.

She's arrogant, stale, unrelatable, falling in popularity, doesn't work as an actor, uses her platform to support any cheap product that pays her and was a bit part in an awfully received sky show.

Yet this article she's had for weeks as her link in bio. I'm cringing for her.

Reactions: 12
"Actress Tanya Burr", I can picture her, sitting infront of the writers/editors, reading the article and saying something like: "Guyz, here, in this line ´Tannya Burr, would you mind adding the word ´actress´?

Reactions: 2
I like how she's saying on IG that you rarely hear back from auditions. If it's good you hear back, considering she's only ever booked bit parts that she bought or got from desperate people thinking her "fame" will get viewers.

I admire her determination to keep going, she's probably read some motivational book on acting that you have to keep going, but she really doesn't have the tallent. It will never happen. The sooner she gives up the better.

Then saying they decided not to do any more "tanya burr cosmetics", if the demand was there they would carry on slapping her name on generic white label cosmetics. But seeing as her advent calendar for last year is still for sale online for £2.50 (RRP 30 I think) no one is interested in any more tanya cosmetics.

Reactions: 4
I’m quite sad her cosmetics have discontinued as she did have one great product a lipstick. It was given to me but I really liked it. Just the right shade of pinky nude and great staying power.

Reactions: 1
she's back at it with cake, learning lines for "auditions" by the pool, going shopping, drinking and eating overpriced and overpackaged food, talking about "the horror film she did this summer" and eating out in fancy restaurants in LA. still a mystery how she lost weight while eating such unhealthy crap (it's far more than in my screenshots but maybe a overview)

tanya01.png

tanya02.png

tanya03.png

tanya04.png

tanya05.png

tanya06.png

tanya07.png

this she called a very cool representation :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
tanya08.png

tanya09.png

tanya10.png

Reactions: 7
Thanks for that @nemidiso , all this time in la and all these auditions yet the only thing she's booked is the cheese girl, and even that was last minute so she clearly wasn't their first choice.

It never gets old.

Reactions: 14
HAHAHAHA her lines, "HEY HEY", squint squint. Tanya honey, you're not 16 to act like that

Reactions: 3
Whoa, when did she lose all that weight?!

The last I saw her she could not act, she was absolutely self conscious and wooden.

That's why people go to drama school and participate in endless theatre plays, where you learn huge lessons and hone your craft. You need to learn confidence in your ability to act, aswell as other vital skills, and if you haven't done those steps it's painfully obvious to the audience. A handful are naturally talented esp kids, and can get thrown straight in and be utterly convincing. However, Tanya is not one. She's a dimwit like her bff zoella.

I worked in the entertainment industry and it's choc-a-block with Tanya types, they get a tiny bit of success in the Uk then flee to America where they learn there are even more wannabe's out there and local talent is always snapped up first, so good luck to her. Many better than her have returned with their tail between their legs.

The funniest famous person on Tanya's level was Katie Price!! Disappeared to LA several times for both plastic surgery and to try to get her shows picked up, acting roles, modelling or anything, and it all fell flat. And she had millions (at the time) to throw at people and would do anything, and they still didn't want her. Her type are a dime a dozen. Cheryl Cole, tossed back to the Uk even with the mighty support of Simon Cowell. American's can spot a talentless dolt a mile off. Even if you have talent, and a lot of it, you've still got a big mountain to climb. If you don't have the talent, you're just endlessly circling the bottom of the mountain. People may be polite to your face, but they won't give you a leg up.

Last edited:
The weight magically disappeared despite all the junk food because she was feeling happy, something along those lines!

Shame people haven't moved over from the slow terrible site. Not sure what is going on with her and acting.

Notice she's put a phone number in her Instagram, that seems very desperate to just get any acting jobs. It's what a cafe would do, not a professional actress that spends half her life in LA "working".

The weight magically disappeared despite all the junk food because she was feeling happy, something along those lines!

Shame people haven't moved over from the slow terrible site. Not sure what is going on with her and acting.

Notice she's put a phone number in her Instagram, that seems very desperate to just get any acting jobs. It's what a cafe would do, not a professional actress that spends half her life in LA "working".
I was thinking more a call girl would do but probably on the same train of thought!

I was thinking more a call girl would do but probably on the same train of thought!
Haha! I wonder how Kate or Jim answer Tanya's acting hotline number. "Hello, tanya burr the actor's office. Have you got a part for Tanya?"

I bet if a drama student offered her a part in their school production she'd be all over it

Haha! I wonder how Kate or Jim answer Tanya's acting hotline number. "Hello, tanya burr the actor's office. Have you got a part for Tanya?"

I bet if a drama student offered her a part in their school production she'd be all over it
She will be knocking on every school in the UK soon... It's that time of year for all primary schools to have hold their Christmas productions and parents to gush with pride. Maybe she could play a Christmas tree in one...would suit her as she is that wooden!

Reactions: 5
Saw her Christmas book on sale in The Works today, reduced from £16.99 to £6. I think the price may need to come down a bit more because the shelf was full of them. That shite is going nowhere fast. Joe Wicks Lean in 15 was also on the shelf for £5 but that was at least selling, only a couple left on the shelf.

I saw her book Love Tanya in my local charity shop for £1 it’s been there for months ? they’re gonna have to reduce it to 25p to have any chance of selling it ?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.