Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gina32

Good on ya @TikToc ❤ Well I’ll start by saying - hi, I’m @Gina32 and to everyone who knows me in real life I have my shit together and I’m happy as could be but the reason I’m awake at 2.21am is because I’m crippled with anxiety. I don’t know why I can’t show this side of me to anyone but I’ve been hospitalised twice with severe panic attacks and have pretended to family and friends that it was to do with stomach pain. Nobody might even read this thread or respond, and that’s fine too, but even typing this out feels therapeutic.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67

miamae

I found out today, at my first pregnancy scan, that it’s twins but they are a rare form of twins (1%) and the likelihood of them surviving is bleak and they could have a range of health issues if their shared placenta doesn’t kill them first (very likely) so we are having to terminate a planned and wanted pregnancy. I am devastated and just need a break. I was in a car crash that was very nearly fatal 10 weeks ago, our cat has gone missing a few weeks ago and now this 😭 I honestly need a break.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

TikToc

VIP Member
This thread is for anyone that needs support or vent for any reason. Lot's of us are finding it difficult coping and sometimes having a bitch or letting our feelings out will give us an outlet xx

Think I made the support link?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

hereforthememe

Chatty Member
I'm really upset 😔

It is hard making friends as an adult but I thought I made a good group of friends at work. We got each other through lockdown and became close, and we have been meeting up monthly for drinks and a catch up.

I found out there is a meet up on Friday but this is the first I've heard of it, none of my friends mentioned it to me.

Massive FOMO and I feel a bit embarrassed to bring it up with them if they don't want me there

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’ve just found out that a close family friend’s six week old baby passed away unexpectedly this morning. I am devastated for them and can’t stop crying.

• Sad
Reactions: 17

bunnyboo

VIP Member
My grandmother is dying. I went to visit her in the hospice yesterday. She has stopped eating and her parkinsons has caused her to deteriorated even quicker. She can't speak, all she can do is lay in the bed and breath. She's on morphine so at least I know she's not in pain. I stayed with her for 2 hours and spoke to her (despite the fact that she can't speak back). I put my atheism aside for 5 minutes and said a Hail Mary prayer with her. When the rest of my family came in, a priest came and the last rites and then I went home.

She's got a few days left at most, but for whatever reason.. I don't feel anything. All day today, I don't feel hungry and I don't seem to want to do anything. I can't shower, I don't want to watch tv, or anything really. I just feel really numb.

I feel guilty for feeling nothing.

• Heart

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Wow! Your brilliant one line sentence has cured her anxiety 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
why did she never think of that 🤦🏼‍♀️
Still can’t believe the audacity of that poster to say something like that on a support thread. So unhelpful🙄

Anyway, I went and had a lovely time. Of course I knew it would all be fine, but as has already been pointed out when you have anxiety you can’t just turn those thoughts off, no matter how irrational they are. All you can do is push through and not let the anxiety win.

• Heart

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
You know how irrational those thoughts are right?
If you suffer from anxiety and panic attacks you can’t control those thoughts, yes probably irrational to someone who doesn’t suffer with anxiety/social anxiety but unfortunately if you do suffer from it you can’t think ‘oh I’m being so irrational’ and switch them off.

• Heart

miamae

Would anyone else be annoyed about this or is it just me? My little girl is 6 and she came home from school yesterday saying that they had a mini school lock down as there was a parent of one of the children in the playground shouting and swearing and throwing all of the play equipment around! The school didn’t let any parents know and we are all now finding out from the children. Surely this is a massive safeguarding issue and luckily no children were harmed, but surely as parents we had a right to be informed?!

• Wow
Reactions: 16

nbt

VIP Member
I feel like I’m changing as a person. I don’t know if it’s just a phase of feeling crap or what.

On the outside I don’t get stressed, I’m a serial planner, I have my shit together constantly, I’m a glass half full type person, forever the optimist.

I can feel all of that changing. I’ve not felt happy for a while. I can have fun, laugh, talk to friends like nothing is wrong. But inside I’m on the verge of tears, I feel overwhelmed. It’s a horrible experience and feels really alien to me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

nbt

VIP Member
I was out with my family and omw home I witnessed a girl getting sexually assaulted by a guy in the street. It happened too quickly and i was in the car with closed windows and i feel so guilty for not doing anything.

Honestly, i hope these parasites die as they clearly don't deserve to live like humans. Disgusting🤬
There is still so much you can do!! Have you called the police? You need to ring them! You can give the location and as much info as possible. It’ll help them piece things together, appeal for other witnesses, check CCTV.

Please call them!!

• Heart

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I live in London we don’t have community centres or local book clubs. And I really need something is online chat only. Anything else is not going to work in my circumstances.
Ah yeah. London. That gigantic capital city, one of the busiest places on earth with millions of people living there and yet they don’t have a single community centre or local book clubs.

• Haha

April89

Mine is kind of light. I went to a hotel overnight with some friends and their friends for a party.

That kind of situation has made me see that some of my friends are really not my kind of people.

Someone spilled coffee and went to clean it up, a friend of mine said 'no leave it! Leave it for the cleaners f**k them!' I hate that attitude!!

A few other things happened, made me realise that some of my friends are just not my kind of people as it turns out.

I don't feel bad about it, just strange

• Heart
  • Wow

Callmemaybe

Last week a young girl reached out on Facebook to my husband. She told him she thought he was her dad. We got a paternity test done and found out today that he is in fact her dad. She is 22 and has 2 children. He was in a relationship with her mum when he was 19 and they broke up and she never told him she was pregnant. We have 2 teenage boys. I can't stop crying. I know it's not his fault but I can't get over how happy he is. I'm not at all. I was happy with our little family and now I feel like we are being invaded. Hes now a grandad! I wanted us to become grandparents together and that has been taken away. I am so resentful of her. I really don't want to be but I just can't help myself. I dont want her in my life. I really felt like walking out today. Am I in the wrong here because I am being made to feel like I am

• Heart
  • Sad

anything at all

VIP Member
Another one here that's not sleeping so good.. thanks to possible depression and anxiety. I say possible because I've not actually been diagnosed and too scared to contact my doctor but all signs point to it being those things as I've been there before.

I thought I'd totally fixed my sleeping pattern when I finally fell asleep early yesterday thanks to a migraine but I woke up with an even worse head than I fell asleep with. Ended up sleeping again until almost 4pm and now 5am here I am.

Anytime I try talking to my husband he doesn't understand it, he will just blame it on that time of the month/hormones or says if I got some sleep at night it would help. Some nights I just lay in bed not on my phone and if I check the time 1-2 hours has passed with no luck of getting sleep. Other nights I do stay on my phone but only because I know I can't just be left with my thoughts or know that I won't be able to sleep anyway.

I also tried talking to someone who I thought was a good friend but they've not spoken to me since. We sort of fell out before this anyway because I wasn't talking to them as much because of feeling down.

I feel like I have no one in the world that is there for me and it's my own fault as I often get distant with people when I feel this way.

I just hope one day I'll get over this again.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
Good on ya @TikToc ❤ Well I’ll start by saying - hi, I’m @Gina32 and to everyone who knows me in real life I have my shit together and I’m happy as could be but the reason I’m awake at 2.21am is because I’m crippled with anxiety. I don’t know why I can’t show this side of me to anyone but I’ve been hospitalised twice with severe panic attacks and have pretended to family and friends that it was to do with stomach pain. Nobody might even read this thread or respond, and that’s fine too, but even typing this out feels therapeutic.
Hi Gina. So sorry to hear this.
I too suffer with anxiety. Tbh, these lockdowns have been good(ish) for me. I can work from home and not go out or see people much. I too lie awake at night just..... in a ball or anxiousness. Ive been on anti depressants for years, with the odd Xanax thrown in. I've good days and bad days.
Sending you big hugs @Gina32 xx

• Heart

Buffy

Hi 🙋🏼‍♀️
I can totally resonate with the comment about when your up in the night it feels like the rest of the world is sleeping
I’ve struggled sleeping these past few weeks I’ve suffered from anxiety for years but as a general rule I manage to just about keep on top of it.
But now after almost a year of restrictions I think I’m finding it harder & harder to keep a lid on it all.
Anyway just wanted to say Hi hope nobody replies as it means you have all managed to get to sleep 😂

• Heart

April89

I work in a bitchy toxic environment, and yesterday I saw how bad it is - one of my colleagues is timing another colleagues toilet breaks and is going to 'tell the manager'.

She knows her shifts etc and was adding it all up yesterday to explain why it's wrong.

Really makes me worried to leave the room I feel like she is watching and ready to go telling tales.

• Wow
  • Sad