Support for anyone that needs to vent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im having a seriously bad day with my low mood.

I've been depressed for about 3 years now and I want to reach out and say I'm struggling but I've told people so many times I don't think they'll care too much, they might just think urgh not again

I'm seeing a therapist and taking medication but it's just not getting better. I'm really just looking for some words of comfort. Right now it feels so much easier to reach out to strangers!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I could have written this!! My friend and I work in the same office and she’s been leaving early as her mum has Cancer so she is taking her to appts, etc. It had been cleared by management and didn’t want anyone else to know. Anyway, last week two of the oldest workers there marched up to our manager and demanded to know why my friend was leaving early and preceded to present my manager with the timings of her leaving for the week!! Unbelievable. Edit to add that me and my friend are only 23, and these women are 50+.
I can't imagine sitting down and writing that! The idea that two people got together and did that is just ridiculous!

I went in today and my colleague was still going on about it, I went over to get something from her and she said ' I noticed she went off again, how long has that been? I'm keeping a note of it coz it's not right'

I told her not to worry about it, but she's not letting it go

It's an awful atmosphere where I work anyway, she is just going to make it worse!

Reactions: 5
I can't imagine sitting down and writing that! The idea that two people got together and did that is just ridiculous!

I went in today and my colleague was still going on about it, I went over to get something from her and she said ' I noticed she went off again, how long has that been? I'm keeping a note of it coz it's not right'

It's an awful atmosphere where I work anyway, she is just going to make it worse!
people are so damn rude aren’t they! That poor lady could have a medical reason why. I swear people just have no empathy nowadays.

Reactions: 4

In a situation like this I would pull your manager aside and mention that this makes you uncomfortable and that you feel you can’t go to the toilet without being watched.
Let management or HR deal with her

Reactions: 7
people are so damn rude aren’t they! That poor lady could have a medical reason why. I swear people just have no empathy nowadays.
I think there is something more going on for sure. I feel sad that it isn't a work place where people support each other, make allowances, give each other a hand. It's just all back biting and people out for themselves. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
This isn’t even a vent I just have no one to talk to seriously about this stuff. I’m not growing up properly, the thought of settling down getting married … Ive completely reconciled the fact that I won’t have kids…. But even just the thought of getting older… makes me so sad. Is it possible to have a mid life crisis before you’ve even actually established a life. Its like I’ve skipped ahead and I’ve already gone off the rails :confused: I’m not happy whatever the duck this is.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
This isn’t even a vent I just have no one to talk to seriously about this stuff. I’m not growing up properly, the thought of settling down getting married … Ive completely reconciled the fact that I won’t have kids…. But even just the thought of getting older… makes me so sad. Is it possible to have a mid life crisis before you’ve even actually established a life. Its like I’ve skipped ahead and I’ve already gone off the rails :confused: I’m not happy whatever the duck this is.
Listen to this if you feel like pouring salt in the wound x

I work in a bitchy toxic environment, and yesterday I saw how bad it is - one of my colleagues is timing another colleagues toilet breaks and is going to 'tell the manager'.

She knows her shifts etc and was adding it all up yesterday to explain why it's wrong.

Really makes me worried to leave the room I feel like she is watching and ready to go telling tales.
This person could have a very valid reason to use the bathroom and I would be telling them that. Hopefully they will get into trouble for wasting time tracking others.

This person could have a very valid reason to use the bathroom and I would be telling them that. Hopefully they will get into trouble for wasting time tracking others.
Needing to use the toilet is valid enough reason.

Would anyone else be annoyed about this or is it just me? My little girl is 6 and she came home from school yesterday saying that they had a mini school lock down as there was a parent of one of the children in the playground shouting and swearing and throwing all of the play equipment around! The school didn’t let any parents know and we are all now finding out from the children. Surely this is a massive safeguarding issue and luckily no children were harmed, but surely as parents we had a right to be informed?!

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Would anyone else be annoyed about this or is it just me? My little girl is 6 and she came home from school yesterday saying that they had a mini school lock down as there was a parent of one of the children in the playground shouting and swearing and throwing all of the play equipment around! The school didn’t let any parents know and we are all now finding out from the children. Surely this is a massive safeguarding issue and luckily no children were harmed, but surely as parents we had a right to be informed?!
i’m not even a mum (infact very far from being one) and you absolutely should ask about it! i would definitely want to be informed about something like this

Reactions: 7
i’m not even a mum (infact very far from being one) and you absolutely should ask about it! i would definitely want to be informed about something like this
I have just sent an email asking for clarification of what actually happened, why they didn’t inform us and if they’ve done any kind of risk assessment to stop this from happening again. School is supposed to be a safe space so it is a really big worry! Thank you for your reply x

Reactions: 9
I've never had the best relationship with my dad, nothing in particular happened, just he favoured my sister more than me. My parents split when I was about 5 and when my sister was a teenager she moved in with him which is what I've always put it down to as I'm much more of a "mums girl". He's always been quite distant with me but always keeps in touch with my sister, he says he will try then keeps it up for a few weeks then it goes back to before, like non existant. My sister tried for a while to see if he wanted to come visit me when my son was born (his first grandson) and he always came up with excuses. Events on his side of the family, he'd always say he's going then again come up with excuses. He didn't wish my son (his first grandson) a happy birthday, it really got to me but whatever. He always wished my nieces happy birthdays and merry Christmases, again whatever, I realised I don't need someone like that in my life. He then started messaging me consistently at Christmas time last year, I kept him at arms length, never told him about my second pregnancy as he never bothered or kept in touch before. Sure again a few months later, my sons 2nd birthday I was hopeful for a happy birthday but no, it never came yet my nieces got as their birthdays are just before my sons. This time I was done, never let him know when my daughter was born, what we were upto or anything. He then randomly text me saying he's got a new girlfriend, I read and ignored. He then started bitching to my mum and sister about me never being in contact, never sending him pictures of my children etc. My mum took my side and told him he's a father and to step up to see if there's any chance the relationship could be built. He didn't.
I thought I'd be the bigger person and tell him exactly how I've been feeling, how I'm always treated different, he never works on building out relationship up, how hes never met my son or made any effort with him in the beginning, how he's never wished my son a happy birthday or merry Christmas yet can do so for my sister, how I was pretty much done with it as its just draining, I'm focusing on things and people important to me now and that's that. I'm an adult, I have 2 kids, I dont need this toxic BS.
He recently got in touch saying his mum is unwell, he had been messaging me every few days saying how she was, so I started messaging back purely just to ask how she is etc and we done this every few days back and forth. Now it seems that's fizzled out, he's not messaged me in a while now, I always need to text first to ask. I just feel like what's the point? I've been doing this for most of my life, having a completely half arsed relationship from when I was a child to a pretty much non existant relationship in adulthood. I've tried so many times just to forget about it as it just makes me feel so bleeping tit but I feel like such an awful person. Ugh

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've never had the best relationship with my dad, nothing in particular happened, just he favoured my sister more than me. My parents split when I was about 5 and when my sister was a teenager she moved in with him which is what I've always put it down to as I'm much more of a "mums girl". He's always been quite distant with me but always keeps in touch with my sister, he says he will try then keeps it up for a few weeks then it goes back to before, like non existant. My sister tried for a while to see if he wanted to come visit me when my son was born (his first grandson) and he always came up with excuses. Events on his side of the family, he'd always say he's going then again come up with excuses. He didn't wish my son (his first grandson) a happy birthday, it really got to me but whatever. He always wished my nieces happy birthdays and merry Christmases, again whatever, I realised I don't need someone like that in my life. He then started messaging me consistently at Christmas time last year, I kept him at arms length, never told him about my second pregnancy as he never bothered or kept in touch before. Sure again a few months later, my sons 2nd birthday I was hopeful for a happy birthday but no, it never came yet my nieces got as their birthdays are just before my sons. This time I was done, never let him know when my daughter was born, what we were upto or anything. He then randomly text me saying he's got a new girlfriend, I read and ignored. He then started bitching to my mum and sister about me never being in contact, never sending him pictures of my children etc. My mum took my side and told him he's a father and to step up to see if there's any chance the relationship could be built. He didn't.
I thought I'd be the bigger person and tell him exactly how I've been feeling, how I'm always treated different, he never works on building out relationship up, how hes never met my son or made any effort with him in the beginning, how he's never wished my son a happy birthday or merry Christmas yet can do so for my sister, how I was pretty much done with it as its just draining, I'm focusing on things and people important to me now and that's that. I'm an adult, I have 2 kids, I dont need this toxic BS.
He recently got in touch saying his mum is unwell, he had been messaging me every few days saying how she was, so I started messaging back purely just to ask how she is etc and we done this every few days back and forth. Now it seems that's fizzled out, he's not messaged me in a while now, I always need to text first to ask. I just feel like what's the point? I've been doing this for most of my life, having a completely half arsed relationship from when I was a child to a pretty much non existant relationship in adulthood. I've tried so many times just to forget about it as it just makes me feel so bleeping tit but I feel like such an awful person. Ugh
I absolutely hate to even suggest this but…. Is there any chance at all that you may not be his biological child? I’m only asking because clearly there’s something that is causing him to treat you so differently to your sister and as your parents split up when you were young, I’m just wondering if there’s something that went on before you were born or in those very early years of your life that has caused your father to have this weird attitude towards you.

Reactions: 1
@Icbaaaa I get everything you’ve said. I don’t have a sibling with the same parents as in your situation, but my dad behaves very similar to how yours does with you. He’s more a distant relative than a dad to me.

I understand where you’re coming from about feeling awful. Sometimes I’m worried what my Dad’s wife’s family think to me not seeing them much, asking about my younger brothers etc. I think maybe I’m as bad as him for not making contact?

However at the end of the day, HE is the parent. HE is still your dad, no matter how old you are now. The reason your relationship is like this is because of HIM, not you. Why he’s like this, you may never know unfortunately. I think sometimes we have to stop wondering why and just accept it. It’s hard though. But things change when you have kids of your own. You have your own life and I’m sure you’re a great mum. Focus on this and don’t waste energy on someone that doesn’t deserve it x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.