Support for anyone that needs to vent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I woke up in the night with heart pain, not heart burn but actual chest/heart pain and I've had it in my shoulder ever since. Dr google says a doctor. I'v got through and all I can get is a video appointment with 'push doctor'. Basically my GP will not see anyone in person and they have no plans to change it. They system is beyond a joke. I hate to think how much Push doctor is costing the NHS as a private sub contractor.
I think that deserves a trip to A&E you can't mess around waiting if its serious and that could be.

Good luck Hope its just something minor

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I woke up in the night with heart pain, not heart burn but actual chest/heart pain and I've had it in my shoulder ever since. Dr google says a doctor. I'v got through and all I can get is a video appointment with 'push doctor'. Basically my GP will not see anyone in person and they have no plans to change it. They system is beyond a joke. I hate to think how much Push doctor is costing the NHS as a private sub contractor.
I’d probably call nhs 111 or whatever the number is?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’d ring 111.
It’s a disgrace that GP practices are still locked down, I can only imagine the amount of people sitting at home with worrying symptoms because they can’t get near their doctor.

Ours is an online triage form.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It really is disgusting what is happening in doctor's surgeries and the ambulance service at the moment. People's lives are at risk. There must be something that can be done?

Reactions: 6
I’d ring 111.
It’s a disgrace that GP practices are still locked down, I can only imagine the amount of people sitting at home with worrying symptoms because they can’t get near their doctor.

Ours is an online triage form.
We can’t do anything online, prescriptions have to be done in person via a paper form. Appointments are no longer able to be booked online, can only do it by phone.

It really is disgusting what is happening in doctor's surgeries and the ambulance service at the moment. People's lives are at risk. There must be something that can be done?
I have logged a complaint with my NHS trust because I think it’s mad. If you are old it must be so hard to navigate.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
That's mad! Ours are going in the opposite direction - we can't do things like prescriptions by phone anymore, only online.

I got a text saying that they have a 'new phone triage system' but it didn't explain what they meant by it.

That's mad! Ours are going in the opposite direction - we can't do things like prescriptions by phone anymore, only online.

I got a text saying that they have a 'new phone triage system' but it didn't explain what they meant by it.
Oh no we can’t do it by phone, we’re stuck in the 70s. There are photocopied forms and a little post box that gets emptied once a day. They make it very clear they will not deal with them on the phone or by email at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Oh no we can’t do it by phone, we’re stuck in the 70s. There are photocopied forms and a little post box that gets emptied once a day. They make it very clear they will not deal with them on the phone or by email at all.
Probably because its easier for the person doing prescriptions to have them like that? I used to work in a Drs surgery and I know prescriptions was a really busy job.

Probably because its easier for the person doing prescriptions to have them like that? I used to work in a Drs surgery and I know prescriptions was a really busy job.
I don’t doubt that, but with COVID you can’t go in to see a doctor but you must go to put a repeat prescription in. I’m sure there is a better way.

Reactions: 1
I'm really upset 😔

It is hard making friends as an adult but I thought I made a good group of friends at work. We got each other through lockdown and became close, and we have been meeting up monthly for drinks and a catch up.

I found out there is a meet up on Friday but this is the first I've heard of it, none of my friends mentioned it to me.

Massive FOMO and I feel a bit embarrassed to bring it up with them if they don't want me there

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm really upset 😔

It is hard making friends as an adult but I thought I made a good group of friends at work. We got each other through lockdown and became close, and we have been meeting up monthly for drinks and a catch up.

I found out there is a meet up on Friday but this is the first I've heard of it, none of my friends mentioned it to me.

Massive FOMO and I feel a bit embarrassed to bring it up with them if they don't want me there
If there is one person in the work group you feel closest to I would bring it up, not in a pissed off way but just mention it. Possibly one of the group was supposed to mention it to you and forgot and the rest assume you know?

Reactions: 9
I'm really upset 😔

I would phone the one person in the group you are closest too, don't text or message as the tone might not sound right.
Be as nice as you can be and/or normal. Just say you haven't had an invite and was wondering if there is an issue or if you were just missed off by mistake

Reactions: 5
I know how you feel. It's an awful feeling being left out. I'm going through the same heartbreak with the exception that I don't work with them anymore so it's much easier to be left out as I no longer see and talk to them on a daily and have no idea what they're up to. It makes me so sad to even think about how many hours they spend together everyday whilst I spend hours on end by myself with no one constantly messaging me or sharing a joke or two. They've spent the entire summer meeting up weekly and I've only met up with them twice, one of which was with a much larger group and because I'm not that close with the others, I was quieter so they basically rejected me with the excuse that I probably didn't feel comfortable hanging out whilst in the company of their friends. They never invited me again and I know about their many outings because I was (still am lol) in their group chat. We used to be so incredibly close and it made me so happy to finally have people I liked and connected to. One coworker used to be so jealous of our closeness and now she's fully apart of the group. It's like she's taken my place and I feel almost betrayed mostly because I know she has other close friends outside of work whilst I have none. It's even sadder because I had feelings for a coworker and I'm positive they were reciprocated at some point. We were really good friends for about a year but it went downhill when I changed jobs. We used to talk all the time, day and night, and used to meet up even during lockdown. Last week he messaged to wish me luck on a new project I started at work but that's about it. It's clear he's moved on and is no longer interested in me. Now the only person I somewhat got along with at my new job has left too so I'm on my own again. I'm honestly tired. It's an accumulation of past problems and childhood issues that's making it difficult for me to move on from yet another failure.

I've written on this thread before so sorry if I'm being repetitive but it's so comforting and nice to write it down for complete strangers to relate to and perhaps feel less alone. I don't expect advice just to be listened. Some days it's these exact threads and basically tattle (and the lovely tattlers of course!!) that get me through the day! Thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Definitely shouting into the void here but social media and having young (or any!) kids is just too much around this kind of year. The Halloween/fireworks night/Christmas hysteria makes the pressure of pleasing your kids almost too much to bare to the point where you end up just miserable even though your kids would literally be happy with anything especially when they’re younger. Really struggling this year especially with still recovering financially from furlough (as many people are!), and we’ve got a new (very planned) baby on the way and in my stupidity and probably naivety I thought everything would be ok with all of it by this point but the reality is much different. Our savings pot is non existent due to lots of unexpected payouts recently which is just so tit. Think I’m going to have to just delete instagram for the next few months, my mental health is taking a very big nose dive. I so want to be excited by all of it and our lovely new baby on the way but I just feel so bleeping stressed and almost envious of people who can drop money on tit whenever they like and on whatever they like. Vent over.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I finally got my video appointment, an hour after I was booked in because of technical difficulties with their platform. They have recommended I am seen in person for an examination. Exactly what I asked for at the beginning of the week. Even she said she couldn’t guarantee they would give me one. I know it’s pretty trivial in the scheme of things but so frustrating. I’ve put a complaint in but I know it will fall of deaf ears 😔

• Heart
I've been in such a bad mood for the past two days and I don't even know why 😩 think it's hormonal but I just can't shake it, I'm even annoying myself with it at this point 😂

• Heart
I'm really upset 😔

Bless your heart that is such a horrible feeling! Could it be a mishap in communication. The amount of times that's happened to me and it turned out I wasn't there when it was brought up or I wasn't paying attention or I had previously mentioned something about that day so they didn't ask me as they assumed I was busy.

How did you find out they were meeting on Friday?

Definitely shouting into the void here but social media and having young (or any!) kids is just too much around this kind of year. The Halloween/fireworks night/Christmas hysteria makes the pressure of pleasing your kids almost too much to bare to the point where you end up just miserable even though your kids would literally be happy with anything especially when they’re younger. Really struggling this year especially with still recovering financially from furlough (as many people are!), and we’ve got a new (very planned) baby on the way and in my stupidity and probably naivety I thought everything would be ok with all of it by this point but the reality is much different. Our savings pot is non existent due to lots of unexpected payouts recently which is just so tit. Think I’m going to have to just delete instagram for the next few months, my mental health is taking a very big nose dive. I so want to be excited by all of it and our lovely new baby on the way but I just feel so bleeping stressed and almost envious of people who can drop money on tit whenever they like and on whatever they like. Vent over.
I deleted instagram almost a year ago and my mental health really improved. You'd be surprised how quick your brain changes when you're not seeing other people's lives and in turn making yourself feel like tit! It's so easy to take what you see at face value even though we all know it's not real. Those people are probably feeling the same way and they're buying to keep up with posting on social media as well. Everyone wants to look like they have a perfect life which means a lot of people are living for social media and not actually for life. Delete it and enjoy your family ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been in such a bad mood for the past two days and I don't even know why 😩 think it's hormonal but I just can't shake it, I'm even annoying myself with it at this point 😂
Same!! I feel like everything I’m saying is coming out immensely bitchy. I checked my horoscope bc I’m at the end of my rope here. It just went on about career matters 😭 I am dying for this mood to lift.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I need a rant. My smoke alarm batteries are running out and it's so the alarm keeps chirruping, it's also a sealed unit so cannot take the battery out. My landlord has arranged for someone to come out tomorrow but cannot give me a time. The chirruping is driving me insane so I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight.

I need a rant. My smoke alarm batteries are running out and it's so the alarm keeps chirruping, it's also a sealed unit so cannot take the battery out. My landlord has arranged for someone to come out tomorrow but cannot give me a time. The chirruping is driving me insane so I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight.
Can you not sort it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.