Styled by Susie #2 please don’t sue, We tried to be kind now why can’t you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps the friend isn’t very bright ?! 😉

(Tbh it does read like a friend rather than anything else)
Fair enough. I'd be fuming if one of mine muscled in like that and told everyone I was struggling but shes probably loving it as she doesn't make very good decisions herself.
Prospective customers just want some style advice, not a tale of woe.

Reactions: 2
Screenshot the daily mail article now before its deleted! 😂 jokes aside, I have been thinking of her a lot this week. I know she has made some really poor choices this week business wise, and her past drama is catching up with her, but as someone with anxiety who has fucked up socially in the past (accidentally offended a lot of people in my work place all at once and then went off for a long weekend where I found out that people were furious with me about an hour after I left work and spent said weekend sick with worry about what would happen) I know how she will be feeling. Anxiety doesn't excuse the behaviour but I hate to think of anyone feeling like that, I hope that she manages to think straight and pick herself up, and rectify the situation. Even if its just to be like ok lets start again, and maybe take on board some of the feedback she has had. I don't wish any harm on her or anyone, it is a shame its come to this because at one time I and others really loved SBS and I know I really admired and looked up to Susie.

Don't know what the point of my post is haha but I have been thinking about her all day and all the people who are unhappy and all this drama.

Reactions: 15
Screenshot the daily mail article now before its deleted! 😂 jokes aside, I have been thinking of her a lot this week. I know she has made some really poor choices this week business wise, and her past drama is catching up with her, but as someone with anxiety who has fucked up socially in the past (accidentally offended a lot of people in my work place all at once and then went off for a long weekend where I found out that people were furious with me about an hour after I left work and spent said weekend sick with worry about what would happen) I know how she will be feeling. Anxiety doesn't excuse the behaviour but I hate to think of anyone feeling like that, I hope that she manages to think straight and pick herself up, and rectify the situation. Even if its just to be like ok lets start again, and maybe take on board some of the feedback she has had. I don't wish any harm on her or anyone, it is a shame its come to this because at one time I and others really loved SBS and I know I really admired and looked up to Susie.

Don't know what the point of my post is haha but I have been thinking about her all day and all the people who are unhappy and all this drama.
I'm going to sound like a dick, but can I ask why you looked up to her and admired her? Same with the others. There is so much whooping and fan girling and tales of people hanging on blowing smoke up asses...I dont get it! I'm just trying to understand the cult of personality going on here. They are ordinary women. Sure, I like my colourist, my hairdresser etc and on a personal level get on well with them even though I pay for services and I therefore should receive ones I'm happy with but I couldn't imagine fawning over them and I wouldn't expect it from anyone I come into contact with through my job, either.

Reactions: 4
I'm going to sound like a dick, but can I ask why you looked up to her and admired her? Same with the others. There is so much whooping and fan girling and tales of people hanging on blowing smoke up asses...I dont get it! I'm just trying to understand the cult of personality going on here. They are ordinary women. Sure, I like my colourist, my hairdresser etc and on a personal level get on well with them even though I pay for services and I therefore should receive ones I'm happy with but I couldn't imagine fawning over them and I wouldn't expect it from anyone I come into contact with through my job, either.
You don't sound like a dick at all! When I first found SBS and Susie I was at a very low point, had PND and completely lost my way with clothes and everything about who I was. Although now I know that the analyses are copied and pasted and not as sincere as I thought (naively) at the time, it was nice to hear that I was pretty and feminine etc etc still and I felt like I had been given permission to feel good again, I thought Susie was so cool haha! She was a mum and always looked nice and at the time was running a successful business and looked like she had it all together. Not to mention that she is gorgeous. Not saying she isn't successful now but it was different then. Think I just got drawn in, it's a bit culty isn't it, I thought she was going to fix me and make me 'me' again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You don't sound like a dick at all! When I first found SBS and Susie I was at a very low point, had PND and completely lost my way with clothes and everything about who I was. Although now I know that the analyses are copied and pasted and not as sincere as I thought (naively) at the time, it was nice to hear that I was pretty and feminine etc etc still and I felt like I had been given permission to feel good again, I thought Susie was so cool haha! She was a mum and always looked nice and at the time was running a successful business and looked like she had it all together. Not to mention that she is gorgeous. Not saying she isn't successful now but it was different then. Think I just got drawn in, it's a bit culty isn't it, I thought she was going to fix me and make me 'me' again.
Thank you for explaining! I get that. It's understandable. It feels a bit...exploitative that she appeals to women who feel down in themselves but that does make sense to me. I guess the rest is just subjective 😬
The sad thing now is that due to the lack of originality and lazy copy/pasting, you and many others are probably feeling like the compliments you were given weren't sincere but im sure you're perfectly lovely and absolutely should feel bloody awesome in yourself. I'm too far on the other end of the scale I'm so vain and arrogant 😂 I should probably pay someone to bring me down a peg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you for explaining! I get that. It's understandable. It feels a bit...exploitative that she appeals to women who feel down in themselves but that does make sense to me. I guess the rest is just subjective 😬
The sad thing now is that due to the lack of originality and lazy copy/pasting, you and many others are probably feeling like the compliments you were given weren't sincere but im sure you're perfectly lovely and absolutely should feel bloody awesome in yourself. I'm too far on the other end of the scale I'm so vain and arrogant 😂 I should probably pay someone to bring me down a peg
Having two teenagers critiquing my every eyelash soon toughened me up 😂 one of them told me they would rather get Chlamydia than get a pair of trainers like mine 🙄🤦‍♀️ dont get me wrong they are both fabulous and good kids.....just very opinionated.....they do pay me compliments too....I'm just 40 and almost dead to them 🙄🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 17
And yes, she is having a terrible week. She looks awful. But her cronies are doing their usual swarming round her and speaking soothing, encouraging, empty words. They're complicit in this too, although they think they're helping her.
They are so complicit. They don’t seem to ever consider that the trail of ex- Best friends littering the way before is a huge warning sign that sometimes things are not as they seem. They are not helping her in anyway, they are instead Blowing hot air and leading a horrible bullying charge.
Their response is so bad for a business ,but that’s the problem when you have zero line between your business and you.

Reactions: 5
Having two teenagers critiquing my every eyelash soon toughened me up 😂 one of them told me they would rather get Chlamydia than get a pair of trainers like mine 🙄🤦‍♀️ dont get me wrong they are both fabulous and good kids.....just very opinionated.....they do pay me compliments too....I'm just 40 and almost dead to them 🙄🤷‍♀️
I'm so sorry they said that but... This comment has made my week 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I think the majority on here have posted that we are concerned for Susie’s mental health.
Obviously that never gets reported back to her fans because it doesn’t fit with the vile trolls agenda.

Moving forward, perhaps if she renamed her business and removed her name from it then she wouldn’t take any criticism so personally. At the moment if Styled By Susie is criticised she thinks Susie herself is being criticised which is not always the case. Also it’s no longer just her doing the styling so it would make sense to rethink the company name anyway.

Reactions: 12
They are so complicit. They don’t seem to ever consider that the trail of ex- Best friends littering the way before is a huge warning sign that sometimes things are not as they seem. They are not helping her in anyway, they are instead Blowing hot air and leading a horrible bullying charge.
Their response is so bad for a business ,but that’s the problem when you have zero line between your business and you.
I imagine we're picturing the same people Twizzle, I feel like you're much the same as me, looking at SBS and her crew from a real world perspective and not just what she posts on insta.

I haven't seen the comments on MN but perhaps the friend now feels like she can come forward with stuff?

It's a hard one, I've been in some seriously toxic friendship groups where one person seems to dominate the lime light; those people are very, very good at making all their followers feel like they don't belong. Main person tells friend A that friend B has been snooty about stuff. Then tells friend b that friend A has been talking behind their back, so on and so on.

It's a tactic used to keep everyone close to them, but everyone at arms distance from everyone else... Why? So people don't work out that the main person is the issue.

I feel that this may be starting to happen with her close circle. I mean I'm not being funny, they have eyes, if they've been on here and think this is actually as hateful, vile and bullying as susie is making it out to be, then I'm concerned for all of them.

I was worrying about her anxiety as I've done some silly tit too etc but I can't anymore, this is a tit storm and I genuinely feel her reactions aren't innocent and just an accidental slip (the liking the 'Karen comment' for example. I feel they come out when she realises people are on to her and she thinks intimidation tactics will scare people off.

I don't do bullying. I will say my piece constructively but I'm never gunna sit here and spout how anti bully I am and then go on to call people Karen's, or shame people for being skint. I just still cannot wrap my head around all the anti bullying tit, while she's sitting there herself bullying people. The amount of women in here who've said how negatively its affected them, and how many feel like mugs is sad. If she was really championing the be kind thing, she'd bleeping reach out and try to fix it. I know I would.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey, you have to make these 585 followers feel special!

Unless Susie has been blackmailed to force her, I cannot understand WHY she chose the owner of this IG account to represent/lead/whatever her business. NOTHING remotely fits with the SBS "ethos" - and here we are.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
🤣 I can relate. I got some new trainers yesterday and luckily for me ive been deemed 'socially acceptable' in them...for now!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.