Styled by Susie #2 please don’t sue, We tried to be kind now why can’t you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks good to me. Funny title 😂 So apt.

I'm still wounded that she got me banned from Mumsnet for saying her colours are coming out 🤣 I can't even get an email back fs

Reactions: 4
I'm still in the Facebook group, I won't pay for the membership even though I'd love to have a nosy but, from what I can see (unless they've too been deleted) people aren't too thrilled with the group chat. It's essentially like a WhatsApp group message - impossible to keep up with!

Reactions: 7
Just marking my spot on this new thread - waiting with my popcorn for more truths to be told!

Reactions: 6
New review on trip advisor and it openly says she applied for a job with them and all they wanted was the insta handle. I mean its all so professional 🤣

I mean trust pilot sorry 🙈

This is all making me realise that “be kind”, while a good message with a very good intention, is creating a generation unable to cope with constructive criticism. You’re either kind or you’re a troll, there’s no in between any more. And this goes not just for feedback on business models and services (SBS itself) but also the outfit pics (your bum looks great but the top may make the shoulders a bit bulky). It actually scares me for this generation of kids and teens that they will either be put in the “kind” camp and never able to handle anything below fulsome praise, or they’ll be cancelled into the “troll“ camp and be thought of as a bully and a bad person just because they may have had a few honest ideas on things that weren’t working.

I’d be interested to know if SBS do have an idea on how they’d like to receive feedback. I’m a customer and have spent with them more than three separate times and am happy to do so in future if I feel that I personally am getting my money’s worth but I also should feel like I could feedback on something that needs improvement or doesn’t quite hit the mark. Something along the lines of a follow up survey? surely it’s bad business practice to have NO plans to try to find out what your customers think of your service, both good and bad?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
This is all making me realise that “be kind”, while a good message with a very good intention, is creating a generation unable to cope with constructive criticism. You’re either kind or you’re a troll, there’s no in between any more. And this goes not just for feedback on business models and services (SBS itself) but also the outfit pics (your bum looks great but the top may make the shoulders a bit bulky). It actually scares me for this generation of kids and teens that they will either be put in the “kind” camp and never able to handle anything below fulsome praise, or they’ll be cancelled into the “troll“ camp and be thought of as a bully and a bad person just because they may have had a few honest ideas on things that weren’t working.

I’d be interested to know if SBS do have an idea on how they’d like to receive feedback. I’m a customer and have spent with them more than three separate times and am happy to do so in future if I feel that I personally am getting my money’s worth but I also should feel like I could feedback on something that needs improvement or doesn’t quite hit the mark. Something along the lines of a follow up survey? surely it’s bad business practice to have NO plans to try to find out what your customers think of your service, both good and bad?
I don't know if she is ready for that conversation though? She very clearly cannot seperate her personal feelings from her buisness; which don't get me wrong, I can empathise with as someone who also struggles with anxiety. However, her attitude is so hostile and not even in a defensive "I am trying" kind of way - her responses to any form of criticism are childish and down right rude from what I've seen. And everything is SO dramatic!

As my mum very rightly pointed out many moons ago, if you have enough people saying the same thing about you, they are definitely not in the wrong - open your eyes and ears and learn from it. Grow from it.

My view on it for a while has been its a playground bully 'you can't be friends with us situation' and the 'troll' thing now is just grating. Having an opinion about a paid for service doesn't make you a troll. I completely agree with you that there is no in between anymore.

I'd also be really interested to see how many people actually come and have a look here for themselves about the accusations of what we are saying or if they will continue to blindly follow her lies.

I'm still waiting to see these 'vile' comments👀

Also as a very random side note, I do apologise if any of my spelling and grammar is off. I'm dyslexic but i know it can grate on people seeing things like that. Auto correct is doing its best but... I'm not sure it was ever made to handle some of my ramblings 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I don't know if she is ready for that conversation though? She very clearly cannot seperate her personal feelings from her buisness; which don't get me wrong, I can empathise with as someone who also struggles with anxiety. However, her attitude is so hostile and not even in a defensive "I am trying" kind of way - her responses to any form of criticism are childish and down right rude from what I've seen. And everything is SO dramatic!

As my mum very rightly pointed out many moons ago, if you have enough people saying the same thing about you, they are definitely not in the wrong - open your eyes and ears and learn from it. Grow from it.

My view on it for a while has been its a playground bully 'you can't be friends with us situation' and the 'troll' thing now is just grating. Having an opinion about a paid for service doesn't make you a troll. I completely agree with you that there is no in between anymore.
I also felt this playground bullies/hierarchy vibe very strongly whenever Susie was introducing the new stylists or talking about them - even between them I felt that she had favourites and it felt quite uncomfortable when she gushed endlessly over Mhairi/‘Gary’ and yet some of the others got barely more than a sentence written to introduce them! I felt sad for Kim and Karina getting kind of ignored!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I also felt this playground bullies/hierarchy vibe very strongly whenever Susie was introducing the new stylists or talking about them - even between them I felt that she had favourites and it felt quite uncomfortable when she gushed endlessly over Mhairi/‘Gary’ and yet some of the others got barely more than a sentence written to introduce them! I felt sad for Kim and Karina getting kind of ignored!
As much as I am glad to have found this thread because it has helped me to realise it wasn't just me, I am so sad that there are so many of us who have been left to feel like this.

Hopefully, any others who are shying away from sharing their experiences because of feeling alone in their thoughts, will feel a bit more comforted knowing they aren't alone. I certainly know that's how I felt when I read found this.

Reactions: 10
I noticed this too. I always thought she kind of side lined Emily a bit. I noticed once she did a post (cant remember if grid or story) saying how much she loved her friends and a collage of all the stylist - except Emily, and some of her other friends. Thought that was a bit mean. Especially as Emily is the nicest of the lot (except for maybe Sarah).

As much as I am glad to have found this thread because it has helped me to realise it wasn't just me, I am so sad that there are so many of us who have been left to feel like this.

Hopefully, any others who are shying away from sharing their experiences because of feeling alone in their thoughts, will feel a bit more comforted knowing they aren't alone. I certainly know that's how I felt when I read found this.
Have you joined the new breakout fb group? Lots of people on there speaking their minds now they're not being moderated to within an inch of their lives! It's actually great to see people being honest and relaxed with each other and there are some interesting stories in there too, especially people who disagreed with their analysis or were prevented from asking questions in the group etc...

I noticed this too. I always thought she kind of side lined Emily a bit. I noticed once she did a post (cant remember if grid or story) saying how much she loved her friends and a collage of all the stylist - except Emily, and some of her other friends. Thought that was a bit mean. Especially as Emily is the nicest of the lot (except for maybe Sarah).
I really like Emily, her style is a bit formulaic but she always looks great and really dresses for her figure. She seems genuinely nice too, and very funny! I felt bad for her as she was recruited at the same time as Mhairi but didn't get half as much effusive praise from S. She seems quite shy whereas Mhairi seemed more outgoing so maybe that's why. I thought it was a bit off at the time though especially as they were both new. Poor old Kim and Karina barely get a mention and they've worked for her for ages!

Last edited:
A while ago Susie ‘cleaned up’ her social media by unfollowing/unfriending clients on Instagram and Facebook - she unfollowed me but continued to follow friends of mine who were also clients of hers - clearly showing ‘favouritism’! Fine. Just don’t put out a message saying that you are removing all clients when you aren’t! Be honest and own it.

Reactions: 5
I have only ever really dipped into SBS. I found most of the content quite stale.
I suppose the moderators did a good job at removing anything that wasn't susie's definition of being kind.
I don't think I ever saw a post where anyone gave constructive criticism (now I know that people weren't allowed)..... Although there have been one or two comments allowed in the last two days which wouldn't have been approved before.
I'm shocked at all the things I am reading about. Its all so shady.

Reactions: 3
TLDR
  • SBS upon the announcement of closing the FB group began blocking people who joined a SBS fan FB group
  • General consensus is that SBS analysis is generic and not personalised, is out of date with typos and pixelated google images
  • Susie posted stories claiming tattle/MN posted screenshots of SBS clients and called them names. Lies. Former SBS clients posted their own pics asking for advice
  • Susie claims tattle/MN made her sons name public. Lies. She named him in a Daily Mail article
  • SBS has threatened former clients with legal action for negative reviews
  • SBS has referred to anyone not happy with the service, or using tattle/MN to air their grievances as trolls
  • It’s now apparent from FB groups, Trustpilot reviews and forum discussions that many clients were analysed incorrectly.

Have I missed anything from the last thread?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I can’t keep up.....😬😬😬

someone mentioned on the previous thread about one of the stylists and thinking that ‘bless her she must be new’ yet no she’s actually a bloody stylist.....I know exactly the one you are talking about. She doesn’t look very stylish at all does she!! I think she rushed to employ that one!!

Reactions: 2
I can’t keep up.....😬😬😬

someone mentioned on the previous thread about one of the stylists and thinking that ‘bless her she must be new’ yet no she’s actually a bloody stylist.....I know exactly the one you are talking about. She doesn’t look very stylish at all does she!! I think she rushed to employ that one!!
Is this the same one who is always so awkward on her insta stories? There’s one who I’m not sure I can name but it’s like she’d been told she has to do stories as she was so awkward in them and clearly out of her comfort zone and I felt really sorry for her.

Reactions: 5
A couple of hours ago Mhari did a post on Instagram about what your stomach looks like when you sit down which is very similar to a post on the Style Sisterhood page from yesterday 😂😂

Reactions: 11
Is this the same one who is always so awkward on her insta stories? There’s one who I’m not sure I can name but it’s like she’d been told she has to do stories as she was so awkward in them and clearly out of her comfort zone and I felt really sorry for her.
And that’s the one who did my copy&paste

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.