Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mangomay

New thread name suggestion: Silence by Susie, Patreon fail, she'll write it all up in the Daily Mail.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

StillNoStyle

I have spent just over a year feeling rubbish because I didn’t feel like I had made any progress after having an uninspiring analysis and trying to wear colours that just don’t suit me - I genuinely thought it was my problem and I was the only “runt” not getting it! Was I the only one who was irritated by the constant “poor me, I have so much work to do and now I’ve got to sit here and do this Live for you all that I don’t want to do” attitude? I thought so! I stumbled across this thread after being nosey when “trolls” were mentioned and I suddenly feel so SEEN! Thank you all for making me realise it’s not just me!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

choccydigestive

Chatty Member
This is all making me realise that “be kind”, while a good message with a very good intention, is creating a generation unable to cope with constructive criticism. You’re either kind or you’re a troll, there’s no in between any more. And this goes not just for feedback on business models and services (SBS itself) but also the outfit pics (your bum looks great but the top may make the shoulders a bit bulky). It actually scares me for this generation of kids and teens that they will either be put in the “kind” camp and never able to handle anything below fulsome praise, or they’ll be cancelled into the “troll“ camp and be thought of as a bully and a bad person just because they may have had a few honest ideas on things that weren’t working.

I’d be interested to know if SBS do have an idea on how they’d like to receive feedback. I’m a customer and have spent with them more than three separate times and am happy to do so in future if I feel that I personally am getting my money’s worth but I also should feel like I could feedback on something that needs improvement or doesn’t quite hit the mark. Something along the lines of a follow up survey? surely it’s bad business practice to have NO plans to try to find out what your customers think of your service, both good and bad?

• Heart
Reactions: 28

RitaSueBobtoo

Chatty Member
I was told about all this furore by a friend, so joined tattle so I could have a read .... I've got no opinion on this stylist woman....
The one thing I've garnered from the threads I've read (outside of the fact that there appears to have been a lot of cut/pasting of supposed personal services) is ...

The user RitaSueBobtoo most DEFINITELY has a dog in the fight ... She's no 'disgruntled customer'. She is so desperate to see this Company collapse and the alternative Facebook group be successful, it's not even subtle ... on every thread ... Looks like it's working and it's drawing in the masses. I'm just wondering how it will look when she's outed and begins monetising it, however that may be in the future ! Very unpleasant way to exist.

Hi Julie must have missed your post earlier 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Tattle, do tell me more about me, alas I have no dog but I do have a 3 legged cat-she's hot though so please #bekind

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

SequinLover

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Stumbled accross the previous thread via the new spin off Sisterhood group set up on FB. I am so glad I took the time to read all the previous thread as it has really enlightened a few things for me - having only seen what had been posted in the original Sisterhood group and on Susie's Instagram I now feel like a few things are fitting into place.

I was analysed In March 2019. My husband purchased the gold analysis for me as a Christmas present in 2018. Sarah had recently joined SBS and it was her that wrote my analysis which I was glad about as her style is more my kind of thing. It started like this.....

"Wowsers! You are so gorgeous! ( I looked bloody terrible in the full length pictures I sent them, unwashed hair and no make up, not at all gorgeous) You have the most beautiful, curvy, feminine figure with curves in all the right places (and being around 4 stone overweight all the wrong ones too)"

I was told I was an hourglass which came as no surprise to me - even my husband said "well I could've told you that and I don't know anything about all that" and was given the style Rockabilly Glam and was suggested that 50s style dresses and skirts would work well for me, despite me saying on the questionnaire I had to fill in that I often wore 50s style dresses and skirts.

The colours didn't come as a surprise either as they were ones that I already knew worked well for me - bright bold hues and no pastels (they make me look like death)

There were a few things I got from my analysis but mostly I was already tending to wear the shapes, colours and styles suggested so I didn't really learn a huge amount from it, I wasn't unhappy with it but was just glad that my husband had purchased it before SBS went through it's rebranding and overhaul and before the price increase. Afterwards the amount of info you got for that level was much less than what I received and the same was double the price my husband had paid.

Afterwards I found I the FB group really helpful. As someone who really doesn't have the time or the inclination to spend hours and hours trawling through clothing websites looking for items which were suitable for my shape I would wait until others with the same analysis as me posted their finds and then either purchase key pieces that interested me or look for items in the same style. I wasn't a die hard poster, I'd occasionally post a couple of things but would mostly respond to other peoples pictures and use it for inspiration. This was when it wasn't quite as regimented or policed and was still relatively small in the amount of numbers.

Seeing the recent events and then the announcement about the paid for subscription to the new platform came as a bit of a shock. There had been nothing which indicated this was on the cards, it instantly reeked of an extra way for SBS to make more money to me. Then Susie posted the announcement about the supposed trolls.........having come on here and reading all the posts I now can see that was a load of bollocks. Other than a few comments about Susie's style I've not seen anything remotely nasty on here (I'm yet to read all the stuff on Mumsnet)

Seeing that so many people are now saying they have been mis-analysed, bullied and threatened is shocking. I am of the opinion that since the whole Daily Mail situation Susie seems to have changed - almost got a bit too big for her boots. Taking on all these additional stylists without them being properly trained was a bad move too I think, there are only a couple of people who's style I actually like in her team. I have a very much wear what you want attitude though and since receiving my analysis haven't followed it to the letter - it used to make me sad to see people say "I can't wear this dress even though I feel amazing in it because it doesn't fit with what my analysis said" or "I'm not allowed to wear this because Susie says so"

In business you've got to be prepared to receive some negative comments, even the best businesses get them occasionally. It's more about what you do with those negative reviews - if you take them on board, listen to the criticism from your clients and use it to make positive changes then that will benefit you in the long run. Disallowing any negative comments or threatening people that don't agree with you is just ridiculous and shows that you aren't confident enough in your own business to survive the odd person who doesn't like whatever it is you are providing.

I really think this will be the downfall of SBS. There is a lot of bad feeling surrounding the brand now. I'm annoyed as my brother and sister in law recently bought me a voucher for a hair analysis for my birthday and now I'm not sure I even want to use it.

On a side note can anyone recommend somewhere that can give suggestions for a basic capsule wardrobe as that was going to be my next purchase from SBS which I will definitely not be making now.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Tuckshopstavern

Is it actually possible to reply to a reply on trust pilot? I've just been responded to. I actually want to look into whether something can be done, from our side, to stop the lies and bollox replies about "trolling"? It is infuriating to have their response state that this move was due to trolling and the 'mental health of their customers and team'... How can people troll in a group that is so highly moderated, has post approvals and deletion of comments? How are helpful comments and suggestions in a style group, trolling! It's absurd.

Mental health is a huge huge passion of mine, it's something that has affected my life and many people close to me and I've been working my arse of in that field for years... How can they be left to use it as a defense against genuine customer concerns? It's so beyond wrong and I am absolutely livid.

And to anyone in here who is running back with comments, Hi, how are you tonight? Please pass on that my issue is solely with the staff and admin, please reread my review and you'll find its actually pretty easy to respond to it; I was saddend to see a 'supportive' group be moved to a paid platform, until I realised how moderated the group is and therefore, how unupportive and fake it actually is. I was saddened that the 'be kind' movement is being used in such a hateful and deceitful way. I was saddened that someone was so quick to stamp over loyal and supportive customers to make a quick buck. You think it's 'kind' to lie to people? To manipulate an entire situation so it benefits you and makes your company look better? To silence your customers? To tell people who really don't look OK, that they do? Is it kind to take people's money and send them all the same copies of copy and pasted drivel with outdated items on them?

And anyone else in here that's come to find the 'vile comments' you won't find any, there aren't any. Please, do your own research, look up gaslighting and then see if this is a company that you really want to invest in. Maybe have a think on a woman and company who are trying to empower women byy shutting them up because they don't like their opinions? Doesn't make much sense, does it.

I really hope that the decent stylists working for sbs part ways and build themselves up because she is going to bring them down in this too.

If she does try and get them pulled down, that takes her level of shady business practices to a whole other level. They’re honest reviews from dissatisfied customers. I don’t believe she’d have any merit in getting them removed due to the fact that the reviews are all recent. They’re recent for a good reason. Besides, she sent out an email begging for positive reviews which all miraculously appeared within hours and days of each other. So in my opinion she hasn’t got a leg to stand on from that point of view.
They only started taking reviews in August too and all the 5* ones seem to fall on the same day too, pretty much. If they were to argue too many negative at once, I'd argue too many good!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Thestyleguide

Hi all. First time I've posted and thought I should as someone has kindly shared the links to my Body Shape Style Bibles.

I also want to state I hate drama and that's the reason I have been silent until now but do feel I should share a truth.

A few years back (maybe 5) Susie and I were newish to Instagram and growing following. As I don't believe in competition and feel customers buy from stylists inparticularly that they resonate with I reached out to Susie to see how she was finding business and she seemed busy....we messaged and voice noted quite alot as virtual peers I guess...even planning to meet up.

She then went quiet on me....and over time she got pally with TOMM and Daily Mail contacts and her following rocketed. I stayed in my lane, working hard and growing my business and following but over time admit to getting tired of the IG stories and so unfollowed her.

Over time I came across various other clients and stylists who'd had bad experiences of her.

Only last month a client if her came to me for a virtual wardrobe edit and I thought....oooh I'll have a look what she's up to on Instagram (as ya do)... 'user not found'. I was blocked....searched for Sarah...also blocked by Sarah....Karina and Emily. Why??? No idea.

Cheers Kim for not following suit.

Having read every post on here and the previous thread.... I'm wondering...did 'someone' buy a Style Bible and nab my images / wording / advice and tips and that's why you can't share anywhere??

Or was it because Susie was about to Launch an Online Style Membership (almost identical to mine that's I've ran successfully for 3 years)?

Who knows. I never confronted being blocked as I know Susie can be feisty and to be honest I hate confrontation, drama or bitchiness but having now seen all of this SBS can of worms....I feel I can be honest here.

Susie if you are reading this. I was only ever decent to you, even recommending you (as you know) to my southern clients. I do hope you get through this and you're ok but blocking me hurt my feelings and left me feeling I'd done something wrong.

Seems you blocked lots of other stylists too though.

For anyone that wants personal styling help, I got you 💪I'm in the Sisterhood group and also (Ironically) have my own free group Style Sisters too.

Be interesting to see if any of you that buy a book spot wording from your analysis' pdfs as my books are copyrighted.

Anyway.....sorry for war and peace.

J x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

SareBear

🙄

have you actually read any of the threads? As far as I can see no one is personally attacking Susie - they’re complaining about the business and lack of transparency/service.
This is being forced into the ‘corners of the internet’ because there is no space to discuss this with SBS at all without being called a troll. I hardly think ANY mainstream business would operate in this way do you?
Dude.....I’m pretty sure she is quoting a review from TP - chill

• Haha
Reactions: 23

mysecretself

Chatty Member
I was told about all this furore by a friend, so joined tattle so I could have a read .... I've got no opinion on this stylist woman....
The one thing I've garnered from the threads I've read (outside of the fact that there appears to have been a lot of cut/pasting of supposed personal services) is ...

The user RitaSueBobtoo most DEFINITELY has a dog in the fight ... She's no 'disgruntled customer'. She is so desperate to see this Company collapse and the alternative Facebook group be successful, it's not even subtle ... on every thread ... Looks like it's working and it's drawing in the masses. I'm just wondering how it will look when she's outed and begins monetising it, however that may be in the future ! Very unpleasant way to exist.
I dont get what you mean here, who do you think @RitaSueBobtoo is exactly?! You’re the newbie and she has posted in here a while...

I don’t think anyone is desperate for SBS to fail tbh. I just think there’s just a few ladies who are a bit miffed about their analysis and the increased censorship and bullying in the FB group. The paid subscription service seems like a bad move but if you read the comments here there are lots that just feel sorry for her too.

I don’t really know what you’re getting at with this post?

That sticks and stones comment makes zero sense! The rhyme is "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" so surely she should have said "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words make me kick out all the members that disagree with me and charge the ones that love me"... not quite as snappy, but...

• Haha
  • Heart

RitaSueBobtoo

Chatty Member
thank you

Brands that have been mentioned over and over again then - I see the attraction to offer a discount when thousands were reading free advert posts on FB, but on a platform with a limited number of users? That by itself will get harder too.

you say that... everybody claims to hate the DM, but at the same time, everybody is reading it and can tell you what's on there!
MN is a perfect example, posters spend a lot of time reading articles and then explaining why they hate them. Still reading, still clicking, still making it a valuable business.
I'm a Scouser and we banished the S*n newspaper from our City, even if it's the juiciest story ever I will not click on a link for that rag. I hold DM with the same contempt ✊

• Heart
Reactions: 22

ElPolloDiablo

Just scrolling through Main Hustle Insta and found this. Lovely! Why on earth did Susie decide to work with her.
20200904_095359.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
*my analysis*
'Wow wow wow! Your figure is AMAZING! You are so gorgeous, feminine and curvy with curves in all the right places!! You have such amazing long and slim legs, we must draw attention to them whenever possible! You have lovely neat shoulders and arms and you are beautifully in proportion at the shoulders and hips.'

I am apple shaped. Overweight apple shaped 😂 I have broad shoulders, massive tits, no hips or arse and every bit of chocolate I shove in my greedy mouth goes straight to my round belly! Now obviously I would not expect a stylist to put it like that 😛 but let's be real. I just thought it was a really over the top gushy email, but I'll be honest I thought that was the only personal bit in the generic analysis. You've shattered my delusional dreams that I am in fact not the goddess they led me to believe I was 😭😭😭😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

RitaSueBobtoo

Chatty Member
I don’t doubt for a second though that Susie has her minions/spies still in there though...

It seems a fab group.....have to be careful or I'll have Julie and her dogs after me 😬 I wonder if people will start causing trouble in the new group to try and make it look bad. I hope not.....I have to monetise it one day 👌🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
TLDR
  • SBS upon the announcement of closing the FB group began blocking people who joined a SBS fan FB group
  • General consensus is that SBS analysis is generic and not personalised, is out of date with typos and pixelated google images
  • Susie posted stories claiming tattle/MN posted screenshots of SBS clients and called them names. Lies. Former SBS clients posted their own pics asking for advice
  • Susie claims tattle/MN made her sons name public. Lies. She named him in a Daily Mail article
  • SBS has threatened former clients with legal action for negative reviews
  • SBS has referred to anyone not happy with the service, or using tattle/MN to air their grievances as trolls
  • It’s now apparent from FB groups, Trustpilot reviews and forum discussions that many clients were analysed incorrectly.

Have I missed anything from the last thread?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18