Styled by Susie #2 please don’t sue, We tried to be kind now why can’t you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
600 is really not many is it! Especially when you consider that now the FB group is closing there won’t be any more free mass advertising of the SBS services. Is she expecting those 600 users to just keep re-purchasing style services?! A week on, and I still cannot fathom why any of them at SBS thought it would be a good business idea to step so far away from the mainstream market . . .
That's another thing that baffled me. How many services does one person need, and once they've had one, it's not like you're going to reorder it every time you decide to change your hair or glasses, for example.

Reactions: 2
10% off for Annie's closet, trend tonic and a few other brands. Think there are about 6 in total.
thank you

Brands that have been mentioned over and over again then - I see the attraction to offer a discount when thousands were reading free advert posts on FB, but on a platform with a limited number of users? That by itself will get harder too.

I sense more seeded Daily Mail articles about how Susie stood up to the “bullies” and created a “safe space for style”.

with the FB group gone now, she will need to recruit more Patreon members and increase website sales. Not sure how she’ll do that now without investing in advertising or articles with a crappy publication so many people hate
you say that... everybody claims to hate the DM, but at the same time, everybody is reading it and can tell you what's on there!
MN is a perfect example, posters spend a lot of time reading articles and then explaining why they hate them. Still reading, still clicking, still making it a valuable business.

Reactions: 6
I sense more seeded Daily Mail articles about how Susie stood up to the “bullies” and created a “safe space for style”.

with the FB group gone now, she will need to recruit more Patreon members and increase website sales. Not sure how she’ll do that now without investing in advertising or articles with a crappy publication so many people hate
I may have been tempted by the group as I love clothes but after the way she’s treated everyone there’s no chance I’ll be moving over. Really it would only have been because I like Emily that I would have payed it. There’s no way I’d pay £6 a month though for something I’d never heard of before like she’ll be banking on new clients doing.

you say that... everybody claims to hate the DM, but at the same time, everybody is reading it and can tell you what's on there!
MN is a perfect example, posters spend a lot of time reading articles and then explaining why they hate them. Still reading, still clicking, still making it a valuable business.
The thing is they now have Trustpilot, Tattle and MN showing the balanced opinion unlike the FB group. No trolling or bullying to see. And people will look. And they’ll learn. Just as we’re seeing now.

Reactions: 4
The chats on Discord are so hard to follow - unless you are on there all the time. And I don’t see much of this extra engagement from the stylists we were promised. I can’t see why anyone would pay £6 a month from what I’ve seen so far. And what’s to stop a ‘troll’ going on there and posting screenshots of people’s photos on here or mumsnet? Do they think trolls won’t pay?!

Reactions: 9
I don't disagree. I think that Instagram woman has completely filled her head with grand ideas of huge incomes doing the patreon switch. I have a feeling that she would have been expecting a hell of a lot more custom by now though.

I'm thinking it was sold to her as a sure fire way to make sure a significant amount of money back that's she's most likely lost during the corona virus and implanted in her head that it would be a success every month. I mean, we have to remember, in 2010 she got kicked out of MTV studios for offering someone a drink out of a dead animal - clearly knows what she's doing.
Wait whaaaaaat? Have I missed this MTV story? Is this the hustle business woman? 😂😂😂 random!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
600 is really not many is it! Especially when you consider that now the FB group is closing there won’t be any more free mass advertising of the SBS services. Is she expecting those 600 users to just keep re-purchasing style services?! A week on, and I still cannot fathom why any of them at SBS thought it would be a good business idea to step so far away from the mainstream market . . .
Imagine thinking you are bigger than Facebook!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
thank you

Brands that have been mentioned over and over again then - I see the attraction to offer a discount when thousands were reading free advert posts on FB, but on a platform with a limited number of users? That by itself will get harder too.

I'm a Scouser and we banished the S*n newspaper from our City, even if it's the juiciest story ever I will not click on a link for that rag. I hold DM with the same contempt ✊

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Wait whaaaaaat? Have I missed this MTV story? Is this the hustle business woman? 😂😂😂 random!
Ecuse my typo, I was supposed to say ITV. Yeah, that's the one. I only just checked her Instagram recently after hearing you all talk about it and was expecting to see a significant amount of followers..... I was disappointed 😂

In fact, I'm only 30 short of her following number and all I post about cats and filofaxes haha

• Haha
Reactions: 10
10% off for Annie's closet, trend tonic and a few other brands. Think there are about 6 in total.
And how long before the codes are shared to friends outside the group?

The FB cull is in full swing. As they say on Dragon’s Den - I’m out! 😄

• Haha
600 subscribers, I wonder how many are already analysed? There is a limit to how many additional services you can keep selling to the same group, on top of expecting them to pay monthly.

In order to make this work, they need to keep filling the pot with new subscribers who they can sell services to - and they have just switched off their biggest, FREE source of warm prospects.

You don’t need to be a marketing expert to see the flaws in that plan!

They now need to create a shed load of content to keep subscribers ticking over, and recruit new subscribers (paid advertising, paid PR, or working incredibly hard to sweat all their owned and earned assets) and THEN sell services to as many as possible, before they unsubscribe.

As we have already seen, it’s been hard enough to convince existing followers of the value of the new forum without seeing it, let alone completely new audiences.

MHS has managed to line up a series of big obstacles for SBS - either she has a genius strategy or this is going to be a very tough road ahead.

It won’t matter if you rid the business of “trolls” if you rid yourself of all the other customers too...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
People talk about SBS going through tough times during the pandemic but she took on 4 new members of staff in that time - bra, make up and 2x hair people. Business can't have been that bad, can it?

MHS mentioned on her Insta story that FB is trialling interchanging IG with FB automatically. So stories will post to both or something like that.
I found that funny considering it was her and told SBS to drop FB...

Reactions: 1
Ecuse my typo, I was supposed to say ITV. Yeah, that's the one. I only just checked her Instagram recently after hearing you all talk about it and was expecting to see a significant amount of followers..... I was disappointed 😂

In fact, I'm only 30 short of her following number and all I post about cats and filofaxes haha
Off topic: there are Instagram posts about Filofaxes?! I love my Filofax, although it’s not had as much use since COVID hit. I also still have my battered old one from the 80’s - I can’t part with it - it cost me a fortune back then too!

On topIc: SBS now down to 25 members...

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think it’s the capsule wardrobe/Personalised online shop that’s the repeat service. Customers (who can afford them) buy them at the start of each season.

Ooh who are the lucky few who get to stay until 9am tomorrow? :LOL:
Arse lickers Admin I should think!

Someone on the new FB group said they wondered if Susie will make the group invisible so only they can see the posts for reference? Free content for her new group right there.

• Wow
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.