Styled by Susie #2 please don’t sue, We tried to be kind now why can’t you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From what I can see when you click on the patreon page there are 1-2 posts by the stylists a day....which means the bulk of it must be group chat in the 'safe space'. Doesn't seem like value for money to me, there are plenty of free forums to chat on and if I was that paranoid about my info being hijacked, I just wouldnt post photos or personal details but I'm not interested in making 'real connections' over statement earrings anyway 🤷‍♀️🙄
Is susie active on there just now?

Reactions: 2
The problem the business is going to face by now being a subscription is that people won't stand for crappy or infrequent posts. Theyll want high quality, super new content every time they open the app because that's what you get on social media and if it's not delivered they'll get bored and leave.

Reactions: 11
The problem the business is going to face by now being a subscription is that people won't stand for crappy or infrequent posts. Theyll want high quality, super new content every time they open the app because that's what you get on social media and if it's not delivered they'll get bored and leave.
It’s rubbish. I’m not renewing after this month. The Patreon posts haven’t been great and I don’t have time to ‘chat’ on Discord.

Reactions: 7
There are about 600 members on Discord. Will be interesting to see how many stay!
I’m terrible at maths but doesn’t that come out at £2160 per month, even with the charity donation taken off?
This is why they didn’t care about pissing hundreds of women off. 💰

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I’m terrible at maths but doesn’t that come out at £2160 per month, even with the charity donation taken off?
But that shared around however many stylists/admin she’s got won’t be that much surely. And in a couple of months when she’s not getting the free advertising I think they might be worse off as a company. I was under the impression that the stylists were self employed but I’m guessing they’ll be paid now to create content for the Patreon🤔
Will be interesting to see how it all pans out for them!

Reactions: 5
600 people out of the 14000 they keep going on about... Well, let's hope they all stay interested. Can't imagine that will amount to much anyway once split between stylists - assuming she does actually pay them a decent cut.

And chat wise, that's what someone complained about in the group recently. She joined up, found out is was a glorified chat room, decided she couldn't justify the price, cancelled and was literally kicked straight out. She did ask why on Facebook and was gracefully accepted back in until her initial month ended... Of course she was though, because they're trying to look like they deal with complaints reasonably.

The other thing I'm finding a hoot is all of the recent posts they've allowed in there that they were denying until this all kicked off.

Reactions: 8
My point was more that that’s an additional £2k this month than they would usually get and they’re probably wringing their hands. But like you say, at what cost to the normal income they got prior to this?
All seems very misjudged to me.

Reactions: 4
I"d love to know what "discounts" the new membership is giving you. Maybe someone will be happy to share after the initial month?
That can not be such confidential information?

My point was more that that’s an additional £2k this month than they would usually get and they’re probably wringing their hands. But like you say, at what cost to the normal income they got prior to this?
Yeah they’ve pissed off the other 13400 people who would potentially spend money with them or recommend their friends and family to spend money. I wonder how many people they expected to move over? More than 4-5% I would think.

I don't disagree. I think that Instagram woman has completely filled her head with grand ideas of huge incomes doing the patreon switch. I have a feeling that she would have been expecting a hell of a lot more custom by now though.

I'm thinking it was sold to her as a sure fire way to make sure a significant amount of money back that's she's most likely lost during the corona virus and implanted in her head that it would be a success every month. I mean, we have to remember, in 2010 she got kicked out of MTV studios for offering someone a drink out of a dead animal - clearly knows what she's doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I"d love to know what "discounts" the new membership is giving you. Maybe someone will be happy to share after the initial month?
That can not be such confidential information?
10% off for Annie's closet, trend tonic and a few other brands. Think there are about 6 in total.

Yeah they’ve pissed off the other 13400 people who would potentially spend money with them or recommend their friends and family to spend money. I wonder how many people they expected to move over? More than 4-5% I would think.
I'd love to know how many they expected too.

Reactions: 2
I think the Trustpilot thing along with the announcement was a perfect (tit) storm as in it gave people a place to feedback but people probably would’ve stayed polite and fairly positive, but then the announcement happened. That and the subsequent actions of SBS tipped too many people over the edge so that they weren’t willing to spare feelings anymore. They realised they weren’t a valued customer and let the truth out.

• Heart
Definitely think it’s going to be short term gain, long term loss overall. Wouldn’t surprise me if the stylists start to dwindle. Just don’t see how they’re going to make much money from it all long term but maybe there’s a plan!

There are about 600 members on Discord. Will be interesting to see how many stay!
600 is really not many is it! Especially when you consider that now the FB group is closing there won’t be any more free mass advertising of the SBS services. Is she expecting those 600 users to just keep re-purchasing style services?! A week on, and I still cannot fathom why any of them at SBS thought it would be a good business idea to step so far away from the mainstream market . . .

I sense more seeded Daily Mail articles about how Susie stood up to the “bullies” and created a “safe space for style”.

with the FB group gone now, she will need to recruit more Patreon members and increase website sales. Not sure how she’ll do that now without investing in advertising or articles with a crappy publication so many people hate

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.