Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tittattattit

Chatty Member
It is really crass how she wasn't so long ago begging for money online and yet continues to visibly spend, spend, spend.
She'll be back doing her upteenth Go Fund Me soon.

Reactions: 9

capriallie

VIP Member
I have no sympathy for her.When you self employed you have keep everything on check specially on you tax .

She should move to a affordable flat and sell her stuff.Why should people help her financially out.She wouldn't not do the same back
I have no sympathy either. At one point wasn’t she spending the best part of 2 grand a month in rent to live in Battersea? She could easily move further out. Rent is ridiculous all over London but you need to live within your means and most of my friends are moving to outer London because of prices. She lives alone and could easily rent a room / have housemates like most professionals do. Obviously she’s not a working professional though 😆

queenofsheba1234

VIP Member
She totally missed the point of any of those tweets she was quoting tbh. The clue is in the name ‘influencer’ your job is to influence people to buy things… all influencers do that, and if you can hand on heart say that you’ve never made money off your social media by using it to get people to buy stuff, then you’re not an influencer and the tweets don’t apply to you 🤣.
I love how she ended it by trotting out the absolutely meaningless ‘live within your means’ line that all tories love.
Why the fuck do people even say that?
Yep that’s probably why she uses ‘content creator’ so much lol.
For someone who is apparently so confident and comfortable with her choices she certainly gets defensive when people even mildly criticise the influencer culture.

Look I get it. You’re making decent money relatively easily without slaving away at an office or doing a customer services job etc. And yes I know influencers ‘work hard’ but none of them can pretend getting a few hundred/thousand quid for doing an Instagram post is equivalent to people working long hours for much less money. You’re self employed, you choose your hours, you get sent free stuff and get to go to events - I’m sure most people would take the opportunity to make money like that over a retail job etc. In the big scheme of work it’s a nice gig.

She lives very comfortably, in an expensive flat, travels regularly etc with no dependants. Why can’t she just shut up or acknowledge her job industry comes with criticism rather than act like influencers are this hard done by group nobody understands.

Thank you for this, I wouldn’t have a clue where to start!
A huge caveat with this is very much directional/vibes based as there really is no way to tell as there will be hundreds of -/+ transactions moving each value on every single row of that micro account. Re the income estimate it’s just based on a range of contractors I’ve hired at work tbh!

Like you couldn’t discern the story in the gofundme from these accounts, but reading the accounts and the context she’s provided I can see what’s happened. I have sympathy in some ways - numeracy in this country is poor, financial literacy even worse, would never kick a fellow upwardly mobile WC girly whilst she’s down, we’ve also endured a tax chaos (and paid it off ourselves using savings!), etc etc. but she’s really giving that Ned Flanders’s meme of I’ve tried nothing and I’m all out of ideas?

Does she not have management? Why did she spend so many months whinging about holiday content when her house is on fire? And doing a podcast? Has she not got pals she can trust in the industry who can open doors for her?!

The difficult thing is if she wants to dig herself out of this she’s gonna have to have a bumper FY2024, as everything she brings in will be taxable also. So she’ll need to turn over multiple hundreds of thousands and tighten her expenses. If I was her I’d move to the lowest cost of living area in the country asap - start doing remote services like interiors & styling & Patreon & a decent podcast (surviving influencing?) & remote working in content creation but proper content creation not overpaid unemployment eg you work for a company generating creative assets for use in their campaigns. There’s so much she could do!

I never hear of self employed people in other industries ending up with gigantic unexpected tax bills.
I definitely have! Even for professionals with actual skillsets who should be able to calculate their liabilities independently. It’s not uncommon, but imagine it’s more prevalent in industries where people are less numerate or even intelligent.

Think it’s more reflective of the economy & high credit card APRs that a lot of this lot are now coming out the woodwork with financial problems. Previously they could keep the show up by subsidising with credit lines, not so much the case anymore with avg APRs in the 30%s!

skyehigh

Chatty Member
I think she looks great on Insta before and after weight loss but she has such unattractive personality on twitter I can't reconcile the two!

• Haha

stevenseagull

VIP Member
Brands also monitor if creators have threads on here because they don’t want to work with somebody who prove to be controversial. The last few pages on this thread revealing a gofundme for a tax bill will undoubtedly put brands off working with her
I get wanting to be your authentic self. But I also think it’s a privileged position. When I go to work I don’t stand in the kitchen blasting my opinions for everyone to hear. Sometimes you have to shut the fuck up.

stevenseagull

VIP Member
So she didn’t want to use her savings to pay a bill that could send her to prison so wanted other people to pay it so she had savings to buy a house.

• Heart

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Re NYC... I would have thought if you were in the same country as your long-distance partner... even on opposite coasts, you would perhaps arrange to meet.
Very good point! Fair enough coast to coast isn’t a quick journey - but she’s travelled across the entire Atlantic Ocean to visit him more than once.

This fact alone tells me how one sided this whole thing is. I feel sad for her that she can’t see it. I’ve said it before that long distance online relationships are mostly a waste of time. Obviously the world has never been smaller and people meet this way all the time and it can be beautiful! But if the guy is making no actual effort and you’re the only one shelling out money and time then he’s just not that into you!

Nothing makes me sadder (well okay plenty of things do make me sadder actually haha) than women clinging to lukewarm men and taking a casual situation and making it out to be this earth shattering romance. Other than birthday flowers (that arrived very late) what has this man offered her so far exactly? She can’t be this excited about a man showing mild interest in her? It’s odd to watch someone supposedly so ‘clued up’ and self righteous being so obviously taken for a ride like this.

He’s a poet right? I bet he spins some very nice lines and massages her ego with sweet nothings. But imo love is a verb. If this relationship was everything she claims it to be he would’ve come to London by now, met her family etc. Or made the effort to see her in NYC - he wouldn’t have let that opportunity pass without getting to spend time with her.

Last edited:

stevenseagull

VIP Member
Cannot believe she is complaining about seats not reclining on easyJet, a SHORT HAUL budget airline.
Reclining a seat IMO is for when you sleep during a long flight.
I bet she fucking hates it when someone reclines the seat in front of her and she can’t have her lap tray down

Not_A_Troll

VIP Member
It says a lot that the only boyfriend she can keep lives thousands of miles away and won’t even join her on a free holiday. Pretty sure he could have got a flight to meet her there if he’d wanted to

penguin400

I’ve never read her books are they any good?
It depends on what you like. If you like vividly described characters, crisp dialogue and punchy prose that leaps off the page, then… no. If you like very flat writing about the absolutely dreariest of people, then… yes!

• Haha
Totally missed it!

Her biggest blind spot with her career is not playing the game - people like Danie Vanier and Felicity Hayward aren’t controversial or confrontational on their social media channels.
I completely agree. She has a really off putting way of phrasing things. When she’s talked about ASOS in the past it comes across as she feels she is almost entitled to design a collection/ collaborate with them. And the whole “woe is me” thing she does when she’s not asked to join in with something is ridiculous. I think she’s forgotten that she’s previously said she wouldn’t be promoting ASOS etc after feeling “ignored” by them in the past, yet here we are again!