Squirmy & Grubs #4 aka scammy and grabby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're making videos almost everyday because they don't have real content and have to keep feeding the youtube algorithm to stay relevant. Their only path forward for views at this point seems to be the tedious and manipulative "Hannah is NOT pregnant" content.

Maybe the title of the next video will be "Hannah and her baby" and the video will be Hannah drawing a picture of a baby with her eyes closed and Shane being "HiLaRiOuS" in the background. Peak S&G moneygrubbing trash.

Reactions: 12
I want to share my perspective just 1 last time because I think there are some facts that we dont fully grasp the significance of.
For example- The fake wedding ceremony. This fact alone was the nail in the coffen for their validity. There is no way around it. Theres no claiming they are genuine and rationally explaining away their fake wedding ceremony. This is the most significant fact, but of course theres more
The constant bending over backwards to convince everyone they are legit amd the constant lying about the details of their relationship...just countless lies like their sex life for example which even a virgin could figure out that its not possible for them to have sex. No genuine couple would ever do any of this.

Ive read on here before "Hannah had rough childhood, super insecure ect ect she wanted someone she could completely control" ....yet she doesnt simply seek out a severely disabled person in her area. No, she seeked out a disabled guy 100s of miles away who just happened to own a nonprofit and had a massive social media following who has coincidentally sold this exact same story down to a Tee with 2 other pretty women... It simply does not add up.

These facts all point in the same direction. When we form conclusions they should be based on nothing but the facts, and they shouldnt contradict the facts or they are not logical conclusions. I am glad ive read ideas from other perspectives anyways because it helped me make sense of the importance of what we know for a fact and not just what they say on camera
Im sharing this because I cant believe we're not all on the same page given the facts that absolutely speak for themselves and make it very obvious entirely on their own despite hannah and shanes claims (which many of those claims we know are lies) that do not add up with the facts, at all. Theres simply no way to conclude that they are genuine and rationally explain in a way that is consistent with the facts. However, when we conclude its a relationship built around a brand, or business, a show so to speak, all the facts make perfect sense and there are more facts than just these but I dont want to type a 4 page essay, I just want to help to put it into perspective from a different angle than someone may be looking at it. Id love to hear different conclusions that add up with what we know for a fact.
I can see what you are saying! You make a lot of strong points. For me ... I still think they are real and just unhealthy. Even if money and fame are the motivation I wouldn’t consider it fake. Because at the end of the day they still are an unhealthy couple. They wouldn’t be the first or last couple to marry for those circumstances . To say they are these brilliant masterminds building a financial empire on YouTube just feels like it gives them WAY too much credit. If Hannah does have extra help nurses etc she would be an idiot not to show that. That would make her believable and relatable. I think no matter our differences in belief we all share the common feeling. Something ain’t right lol. Whatever the motives are in the relationship it feels off. Known or not known. I think a lot of it is how the chemistry reads. To me she looks at him like a parent or how you’d look caring for an injured animal. It doesn’t mean it’s not love but is it a healthy love or a spousal love. I watch other interable couples and I see that spousal bond so it’s something about them. For me I think it’s the constant upbeat misleading shooting sunshine out of our asses approach. It feels cheap it feels wrong and mostly it feels dishonest. That’s just how I feel! I could be miles off base and like I said my own experience may blur my perception.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
And the last 2 were real as well that had the same marketing and business aspects? Of all the disabled guys in america hannah could have went for she goes the one who had a massive social media following and already sold the exact same story twice...meamwhile theyve been caught in countless lies that no real couple would ever do....That just doesnt make sense or add up but I digress 👍 We can at least agree that theyre dishonest trash

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I can't believe I registered an account to post this but here we are. I have been fascinated with these two for a little while and, like most of us, I just could not work out what was really going on. I did some digging and have a theory.

In 2013 Shane co-authored an academic article which is readily available on Google Scholar. I won't link to anything here because I feel that is unfair, but suffice to say you won't have any difficulty following the same trail. The article is about narrative accounts of disability.

The other author of that paper is a psychology professor. Specifically, an experimental psychology professor. He also supervises higher degree research students.

Experimental psychologists are the people that conduct the really interesting studies, like these: https://www.verywellmind.com/interesting-social-psychology-experiments-2795916

See where this is going?

Perhaps we are all involved in a social psychology experiment...........

Reactions: 9
When Hannah met Shane he didnt have a massive social media following I dont even think he had a youtube channel. How would you even go about finding someone like Shane in your community I dont think Ive met one person with SMA in my life

Reactions: 1
He was already fairly established. His blog had over 500k followers. His success was all over the internet. Considering her bizarre college brainwashing Im sure she had read about him.

To say they are these brilliant masterminds building a financial empire on YouTube just feels like it gives them WAY too much credit. If Hannah does have extra help nurses etc she would be an idiot not to show that. That would make her believable and relatable.
I’ll have to disagree on one point. She’s already too unbelievable and unrelatable to most people her age and to most who have eyes and can hear. It absolutely fits their story for her to be his only caregiver. She has to be Superwoman, she has to be one of a kind for their story to even make sense to those familiar with disabilities and those who are not

This is only one example but you could apply it to a lot of other interabled relationships as well...Cole and Charisma talk about caregiver burnout, the fact that different people take turns with Cole’s care because it’s true and it would be inauthentic not to discuss it since they are public people and it’s such a huge part in a person with disabilities’ lives. It seems that they aren’t trying to show a fairytale or to give people false hope, they’re just showing people how it is to date someone with a physical disability, the good and the tough parts. Who knows what’s 100% true and what’s not on social media but at least they have a damn good story of first meeting where she interned and he was doing rehab. There are plenty of other couples on YouTube and uhhhh in real life that are actually real couples but aren’t anything at all like S&G

S&G downplays Shane’s care like it’s nothing and states that Hannah does it all every single day because if she doesn’t say that then it goes against her being a 1 of 1. I never believed she did his care 24/7, there’s no way. She wouldn’t have energy to make YouTube videos is she did. It doesn’t matter how much you love someone, it’s not going to add hours to a day and he’s not going to need any less help because of the fact that he’s in love. He’s totally dependent for almost everything in life. On the perfect day with no accidents or surprises she’d still be tired at night only to wake up and do it all over again. This is coming from a guy who’s been in a chair for years, although I’m independent, I know many people who are in more severe conditions. Shane’s condition is at the very low end of the physically disabled bar. Also, since becoming disabled, I’ve never dated someone who says they don’t see my disability. That’s what someone would say if they don’t know you personally or they don’t have experience with people with disabilities

They realize that Hannah would literally have to be sent from god to be in a legit romantic relationship with Shane specifically not with just any guy who’s in a chair. Shane had even admitted to never having a girlfriend until his blog jumped off and that he’d begun to give up hope. I wonder what changed. Were there no nice girls at his high school or college? Was he not funny then? He realized how unlikely it is and how it looks way before Hannah which is why he always made sure to exaggerate how amazing and good hearted his other girlfriends were, just like their fans always point to how funny Shane is...that’s all he has. The girls were so great but they left lol

But you have the obvious looks between him and his girlfriends, their ages at which they were apparently fully comfortable taking on such responsibility with no hesitation which would be extremely rare, the fact that Hannah reached out to him from 1,000 miles away, when (if disabled guys were her thing then she could’ve found 50 of them between Minnesota and Pennsylvania) also given the fact that he’d already done this twice before. If funny guys were her thing she could’ve found lots of them before Shane also. And if disabled funny guys were her thing surely there would’ve been one online somewhere in the Midwest who was a private guy...she had to pick a public one

When you take a look at Shane and then at Hannah 99.999% of people would immediately say, there’s no way. But, when you do that for Cole and Charisma not so much. Why? And it’s not because he’s in a wheelchair and she’s not. Shane looks like a freaking child and most people do not feel that it’s normal for an adult to be romantically linked to a person who resembles a child. Friends, yeah. And Hannah is not ugly nor disfigured which means she likely could’ve found a damn ugly boyfriend with a cool personality, who can walk (and swim since that was her passion) and lived close by before desperately wanting to be with Shane for his business I mean just for his personality LOL.

Complete opposites do not attract when it comes to relationships, and at the time of meeting they had nothing at all in common. She decided on her major based on talking to him, she had no previous experience with people with disabilities. She was an athlete, he’s not tall, can’t run and cannot work out with her properly. He’s outgoing and she’s introverted, she’s attractive and he’s not, she worked at Kohl’s and he was writing books and starting a foundation and a public business. In real life, she doesn’t even talk to him or go on one date with him unless she’s trying to prove something to herself or to others, or unless she had prior experience with people with disabilities. The power dynamic is so far off and in so many directions that there’s no way it works out perfectly and coincidentally, it is only held together by money, attention and fame

There’s waaaaaay too much working against Shane to have legitimately dated Hannah along with the others without an agreement of some sort. And the thing that is working for him, Hannah had to look 1,000 miles (not literally) just to find it. It’s way too unbelievable of a story unless the narrative were that she’s Mother Theresa who does all of his care, sees past his disability and does everything out of the love for his personality. And Shane knew that going in when he came up with his business plan. They had to be pretty to maximize the attention it garners, and because of that, they also had to be presented as the nicest and best young women of all time who never get tired and always laughs

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
If this is a business agreement why did Shane have to find a girl 1000 miles away to sign a contract. Did PA run out of pretty young blondes after the first two contracts expired?
By the way Shane was definitely “not all over the internet“ 4 years ago they really only started blowing up this year

Reactions: 4
I do not trust the intentions of any couple that decides to brand their relationship on Youtube for a living and create merchandise of their relationships. Relationships have a 50% chance of breaking up- how do any of these couples make the choice to become contractually obligated to stay together for their brand? What if the relationship is toxic, exhausting, abusive or just plain losing a spark? Youtube couples constantly project a carefully curated video segment each week with smiles and stupid ass catch phrase mantras and outfit styling montages and it is just so unbelievably fake. It's easy to make the world think you're a perfect and happy couple when you're showing 7 to 15 minute segments editing out any micro aggressions or frowns that waver from the façade of "Love" and "Happiness".

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If this is a business agreement why did Shane have to find a girl 1000 miles away to sign a contract. Did PA run out of pretty young blondes after the first two contracts expired?
By the way Shane was definitely “not all over the internet“ 4 years ago they really only started blowing up this year
If it were real then he would’ve met someone in his hometown, county or state to wipe his ass with no cameras. His blog was big like 6 or 7 years ago, hundreds of thousands of followers, and there are news articles from relatively large new outlets of him and Anna from 6 years ago that are easily found through Google. Yeah, he was all over the internet. The video Hannah saw of him had Rainn Wilson in it who is a well-known celebrity. You ever watched “The Office”? A celebrity doesn’t introduce you in a YouTube video for no reason and without connections

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
How would having another girlfriend from his state make it real, the first two girls he dated were from PA. If anything if Hannah was from the same state as him more people would probably
believe it was a business contract

I didnt know who tf he was 5 years ago and Im on the internet a lot. Plus anyone I talk to doesnt know who they are until I show them

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How would having another girlfriend from his state make it real, the first two girls he dated were from PA. If anything if Hannah was from the same state as him more people would probably
believe it was a business contract
Shannon O’Connor was from Florida, she’s listed as his girlfriend in Shane’s MensHealth video from like 7 years ago. Basically, if he were funny, such a great guy then why no girlfriend in high school or college? Hannah isn’t that mature and only met him a year out of high school

Oh I didnt know that how did they meet then?
I don’t know how they met, I’m not in his inner circle lol. I would assume she interned for his foundation. I do know that she made a few cooking videos with him which you could search for on YouTube. And she produced something for him that won him an award. You could see all of her work stuff on LinkedIn which shows that she’s originally from Florida. I didn’t know who Shane was either until I started doing some searches after I saw videos of him with Hannah lol

Do you know many women that would sign up for it? It takes a special kind of nutty, right up hannahs alley. Apparently it must have some appeal though, she was #3 afterall

Reactions: 2
Do you know many women that would sign up for it? It takes a special kind of nutty, right up hannahs alley. Apparently it must have some appeal though, she was #3 afterall
What you’re seeing on YouTube is the appeal. What goes on when the cameras are off likely isn’t what you’d expect compared to what they show on camera. It’s such a bad gig that two left because they wanted their own lives, and Hannah has to use her mom to help her. Unless there’s some freaky sh!t going on, no one would allow their mom to do certain things for her husband. And no husband would allow a mother in-law to help in such a way. And no guy would want his woman to do everything for him when he either has the ability to do it himself or the means to hire help. If she’s just really weird in that she has to do all of his care to be satisfied then, best case scenario, wouldn’t that be the exact reason she’s with him? Because of his disability instead of in spite of it ...which opens up a whole other can of worms

Did Hannahs mom sign a contract as well? And Im willing to bet Shannon is
only originally from Florida and moved
to Shanes hometown before they met. And why would they get married? Its only going to make things messier when the contract expires. Why bring another contract into it?

Reactions: 4
Did Hannahs mom sign a contract as well? And Im willing to bet Shannon is
only originally from Florida and moved
to Shanes hometown before they met. And why would they get married? Its only going to make things messier when the contract expires. Why bring another contract into it?
This is all speculation of course. I would say Hannah’s mom has signed a contract. Why else would his parents allow a totally helpless son move with a girl who had no prior experience with people with disabilities before him? And she has to travel with them if they stay over night. My guess is that Hannah is comfortable with the business and is all in at this point. She has the full support, in many ways, of her mother. The other girls didn’t. Her whole identity is Hannah from Squirmy and Grubs and she likes that or else she’d get a real job. The other two were obviously more “normal” than her so they left. It was like an internship for them and they moved on.

She doesn’t like to wash her ass and never intended on getting a real job after college, obviously. She gets attention, gets to go on trips often, she receives mostly praise and gets to work with her mom, why wouldn’t she marry him? He has a pretty girl which has eluded him his entire life due to his looks and his condition, and hundreds of thousands of people think they actually have sex, why wouldn’t he marry her? He’s probably not going to live a full life and doesn’t have any children, his money is his money, his parents aren’t broke. Lastly, they would’ve gotten married for attention. Why else would you fake the first one? Why would they plan for two separate ceremonies instead of waiting for family to be able to attend one? And then host a live-stream immediately afterwards. He’s good with contracts, you see there’s no one speaking out against him to this day. Surely there’s someone jealous of their success unless everyone in his circle has been paid off. My guess is that the “girlfriends” get their student loans paid

I think I'm more into the freaky tit theory. If it was only a business contract, as in Hannah might have her own personal life on the side and only spend time with Shane for the video content getting married would be way too much. Unless they were very desperate after the fake wedding fiasco. Might be that Hannah doesn't care that much about formalities cause she's in it for money after all. But after knowing that she refuses to shower :)sick:), has no friends and supposedly all she does is doing stuff for Shane I totally believe she's some high level fucked up. Some may not see it, especially since she's a young, conventionally pretty woman who could have been with someone much more good looking than Shane,someone who could do sports with her and have actual sex lol. But the truth is that looks are nearly ever the reality and Hannah may basically be a mental equivalent of Shane's physique (and personality lol). Sometimes it's harder to believe this theory because we refuse to accept this kind of people exist around us. Some stuff became more normal and acceptable with years like f.ex. trans people were considered freaks (or still are by some people) but now they became more accepted also because of the social media and public figures coming out as trans. That's just a one example. I still can't wrap my head around some stuff. Like f.ex. the transition process itself and the sole possibility hormonal changes would freak me out a lot at first, now it seems normal and I don't mind what other people do really. But still there are some things that aren't that popular or well known about. I will never forget how I stumbled on a forum for people who didn't accept some parts of their bodies, like an arm f.ex. and were actively trying to get rid of them. It scared the tit out of me. Similarly, the fact that some people may like blondes and some people may only be attracted to a severely disabled person. To sum it up, world is a weird place sometimes. And just in case, do not suppose I'm anti lgbtq cause that's absolutely not about that, it's just my personal ramblings about the difficulties of understanding other people who maybe are different to the generally known options but deserve happiness too. I would wish Shane and Hannah well if they weren't the annoying liars deleting comments and trying to bait people with their lies for money. Just be real with people if you want to call yourself a disability advocate instead of pretending everything is "normal" and exactly the same as other people have it even tho it's clearly not and doesn't have to be.
(sorry it's so long)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.