Squirmy & Grubs #4 aka scammy and grabby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean sure they could be a "real couple" but not in the sense that anyone would consider genuine. People do not see relationships where 1 person is using the other as genuine or relationships where money, image, and fame is what maintains it. If they truly loved each other would they exploit their bodys like they have dozens of times and lie about virtually everything including their own wedding? I cannot even begin to try to make that make sense in any rational way.
Im not saying that theyre a genuine couple with no problems at all. I think Hannah is mentally ill and Shane is a narcissist with a severe self esteem problem and theyre both using youtube to make as much money as possible. Im saying at the base of it I would consider them in a “relationship” over a strict business contract thing. There's a lot of moving parts here you dont need to be in a business contract to want to make money together. And why would his ex’s speak out? What would they have to say? Maybe theyre embarrassed idk im sure weve all had relationships wed rather not talk about. Id be more interested in what Hannahs side has to say. Meredith, her dad, etc... Shane should offer them and a contract and a script so they can speak out

Reactions: 8
I don't think Hannah feels she's being exploited. There are plenty of other youtube couples that are more blatant about that. I think she's a bit of an exhibitionist and enjoys the "look" but don't "comment" aspect of it all. She gets off telling dudes in the comments to stop objectifying her bikini body. Shane also enjoys it and wants every able and disabled guy watching his channel to be jealous like he's got it better than the rest of us.
I don’t think she feels exploited at all. She knows she’s being well compensated, and there’s no way that her mom would participate in this if Hannah was being disrespected and treated unfairly by Shane. In that case, she probably would’ve moved to Pennsylvania to be with him and been disowned by her family. Everyone is cool with it and I think everyone is in on it. Her mom has to help but she also gets to travel and gets promotion for her coffee business. I’m sure they make way more coffee money now than before Squirmy and Grubs hit YouTube. Hannah walks around in a lot of videos in a Bluenose coffee hoodie (while Shane sits there in a light tee shirt when he’s probably the one more susceptible to being cold) and hundreds of thousands of people watch their videos. These people aren’t stupid

I think she’s just doing her job. For many reasons I really think that her primary job is to attract as many eyes and people to their brand and to his foundation as possible. No caregiving, no physical relationship outside of kisses and little things of that nature that promote the message of the brand. Why else would she go along with doing so many unnatural things at her husband’s request without hesitation and for all to see and judge? It’s just a part of the story they’re trying to sell. She’s not that slow. Something that let me know that Hannah is way more normal in real life was one video where they showed the outtakes and she cursed like every time that she screwed up her lines. That’s the only time she seemed authentic

Notice that they seem not to care who their fans are, whether or not they get fans who give a crap about disabilities or those who are just sick individuals with weird fetishes. Their thumbnails and video content attract people of all types and I think that’s done intentionally which is cool but it crosses the line when they purposely do weird tit targeted at those looking for weirdness

It would look bad career wise in the future if she were to have to explain it to employers, showing her ass on purpose, doing the shower video etc, but I think the fact that they got legally married would lessen the blow somewhat because it looks more like she was just young and really in love at the time instead of an outright business of selling her sex appeal under the guise of disability awareness

Im not saying that theyre a genuine couple with no problems at all. I think Hannah is mentally ill and Shane is a narcissist with a severe self esteem problem and theyre both using youtube to make as much money as possible. Im saying at the base of it I would consider them in a “relationship” over a strict business contract thing. There's a lot of moving parts here you dont need to be in a business contract to want to make money together. And why would his ex’s speak out? What would they have to say? Maybe theyre embarrassed idk im sure weve all had relationships wed rather not talk about. Id be more interested in what Hannahs side has to say. Meredith, her dad, etc... Shane should offer them and a contract and a script so they can speak out
If she’s really screwed up mentally and that is a main reason why she’s with him (in a legit relationship) then is she also getting help? Like, wouldn’t her mom constantly stay on her about it, taking her to appointments and such instead of vacationing every month and worrying about the business every day? Support her daughter’s mental health as much as she supports her being with Shane. And wouldn’t mental health be topics they spoke on often if she were really screwed up and had been dealing with serious issues for years? They would gain more fans. It seems that she has no problem talking about the things that bother her and Shane and their difficulties or doing things that would gain them more fans and make them more money. The only thing is, if she were to disclose that she has severe mental issues, it would make Shane look bad and bring him down slightly off of his high horse. Like, “no wonder she’s with him. It all makes sense now”

And, I think that their silence actually speaks volumes. Neither of his exes really talk good or bad about him, it’s pretty much complete silence and distancing themselves from Shane even though they were so public with him at one time. In the real world, if one of his exes talked trash about him and his new relationship then that would at least suggest there were real feelings there, and if things were so great back then they’d have a lot of positive things to say now even after moving on

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Idk man it just seems real fkn far fetched to me and I really think u give them too much credit on being geniuses. Her mom prob just wants to see her happy and Hannah prob thinks shes completely normal. I mean not everyone with issues addresses them and is comfortable making it known to the world. Why would Shanes exes step into the limelight can you imagine being a future boyfriend to one of them and seeing them all over the internet talking about her ex with sma. Id be like wtf

Reactions: 11
Idk man it just seems real fkn far fetched to me and I really think u give them too much credit on being geniuses. Her mom prob just wants to see her happy and Hannah prob thinks shes completely normal. I mean not everyone with issues addresses them and is comfortable making it known to the world. Why would Shanes exes step into the limelight can you imagine being a future boyfriend to one of them and seeing them all over the internet talking about her ex with sma. Id be like wtf
That would be something to ask Mark Bias, Anna’s ex after Shane. I would bet $100 that she told him it was just for awareness for his disease and foundation. But I don’t think these two have to be geniuses to have found this niche...it’s taken him three tries to fine tune his business. Went from blogs to books to a YouTube channel. To be honest, the very first thing I thought when I watched a few videos of theirs was, is this some kind of experiment? Haha

But your explanation of things would make a lot more sense, to me, if this wasn’t public and we all weren’t looking at her in videos just like everyone else. If we can come up with opinions and assumptions about her based on what we see then don’t you think her friends and family do too? Not really about her personality because they’d already know her, but about the showing her ass and stuff. It would seem like a real shock and a total transformation to people close to her knowing that she went from a shy girl to purposely making her bikini bottom into a thing and posing in YouTube videos, doing bikini try-ons, shower scenes and doing speaking engagements at schools...for someone who is a self proclaimed introvert. She must have came really far. If they see that something seems off and out of the ordinary then they’d point it out to her or her mother if they just want her to be happy and care about her well-being. But maybe that’s why she doesn’t talk to anyone but her mom, ignores all other callers. So, maybe that’s why her mom is ok with everything because I’m sure the Kardashian mom became ok with Kim’s sextape...attention, fame

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We live in a world where anyone making a lot of money seems to get a pass on behaviours which would otherwise be seen as aberrant. If they were living on benefits in a council flat in Hackney doing all this bikini modeling and giving out truckloads of TMI about their sex lives and his bowel movements to passers-by would it be seen as sweet and romantic by those around them - or as creepy and weird?

Also I found a Buzz Feed article on his relationship with the very first girlfriend...and it's an eerily similar tale to the "once in a lifetime" claptrap we get about him and Hannah. And by "similar" I mean a carbon copy. They just changed the character's name in the script.

Once again a beautiful princess saw the handsome prince inside of him. She looked past his twisted limbs, brushed off his fragile health, instantly accommodated to the myriad responsibilities of his personal care and never for a moment doubted that true love would prevail.

If that precise scenario had played out for him once it would have been an uplifting though puzzling stroke of good fortune. That we're being told it's happened three times in quick succession beggars belief.

1612407095670.png

Reactions: 12
I can agree with that. I mean I think we should all be able to agree that Love is not the driving force of their relationship. I doubt shes even attracted to him, even if she is insane. But I dont think she is mentally ill at all. She is brainwashed. Her sociology major revolved around interabled relationships and how its actually a good thing. She truly believes dysgenics is progressive. I read a post of hers after she graduated thanking her professors and she confirmed what I just said in her own words. Its really really REALLY bizarre. I think shes lying when she said she didnt want the YT channel because it was the perfect opportunity for her to teach the worlds women how progressive and amazing interabled relationships are. Its no coincidence that right out of the gates of her brainwashing camp that she hooked up with a dude with sma who had a huge social media following...the perfect tool so to speak. Has she ever even mentioned on YT videos that her major revolved around interabled relationships? It makes me wonder if anyone is backing her up with this amd thats why they had success right from the jump, like shes the postergirl for this marxist bs or something. The first time they blocked me is when I called her a marxist btw lol I dont think she appreciates it but it sure seems to be true. It really is the most bizarre and intriguing channel on youtube.

Reactions: 11
We live in a world where anyone making a lot of money seems to get a pass on behaviours which would otherwise be seen as aberrant. If they were living on benefits in a council flat in Hackney doing all this bikini modeling and giving out truckloads of TMI about their sex lives and his bowel movements to passers-by would it be seen as sweet and romantic by those around them - or as creepy and weird?

Also I found a Buzz Feed article on his relationship with the very first girlfriend...and it's an eerily similar tale to the "once in a lifetime" claptrap we get about him and Hannah. And by "similar" I mean a carbon copy. They just changed the character's name in the script.

Once again a beautiful princess saw the handsome prince inside of him. She looked past his twisted limbs, brushed off his fragile health, instantly accommodated to the myriad responsibilities of his personal care and never for a moment doubted that true love would prevail.

If that precise scenario had played out for him once it would have been an uplifting though puzzling stroke of good fortune. That we're being told it's happened three times in quick succession beggars belief.

View attachment 418001
That’s the second one, Shannon O’Connor was before Anna. If you go on YouTube and search Shane Burcaw Menshealth, you’ll see about a 7 year old video that shows Shannon and lists her as his girlfriend...she also happened to be the creative director for his foundation during that time. And in that video he says, “she doesn’t see my disability” which is what he says about every girl. Dumbass, how tf can she accept your disability if she doesn’t first acknowledge that you have one? Lol he tries way too hard to convince people that his disability isn’t a big deal and that his women get wrapped up in him so deeply that they barely even notice it after a while. Some of their super fans do that same thing, they comment, “I just see two people” or “I don’t even notice that Shane is disabled”. It’s all way too similar for each relationship and too rare and too perfect not to be a business. I don’t see how someone who may have known him from reading his blog years ago would still believe him when he started making YouTube videos with Hannah...the third pretty girl in a row. That might be a reason why he has switched platforms over the years

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Switching platforms would be important to gain “new” fans. What I mean is, I’m sure that a lot of people who subscribe to their YouTube channel had known him from his blog, but I’m also sure that a lot of their fans are new after him and Hannah were introduced to the YouTube community by that weird guy who does all the disabilities videos.

New fans are essential because his story sounds a whole lot better when you’re under the impression that Hannah is his first ever girlfriend, still very unlikely but maybe possible. But when you learn that he’s done this with a total of three pretty girls it becomes a joke.

I assume they are hoping for a tv show next and of course that would bring in some new fans who had not heard of him and think that he’s only hit the jackpot once in his life

Reactions: 7
I just watched Cole and Charisma for the first time. I was only familiar with their names from this forum. I watched “our news morning routine” and was BLOWN AWAY. First of all, that video has 6 million views and it’s only 4 months old. Scrubby and grubby aren’t in their league when it comes to viewership or likability. I cannot even believe how pleasant, engaging and downright likable they are. They did an entire shower routine with no bikini and no sexual jokes. They appear to really love each other and there is an educational element to the show. Amazing.

Reactions: 14
Switching platforms would be important to gain “new” fans. What I mean is, I’m sure that a lot of people who subscribe to their YouTube channel had known him from his blog, but I’m also sure that a lot of their fans are new after him and Hannah were introduced to the YouTube community by that weird guy who does all the disabilities videos.

New fans are essential because his story sounds a whole lot better when you’re under the impression that Hannah is his first ever girlfriend, still very unlikely but maybe possible. But when you learn that he’s done this with a total of three pretty girls it becomes a joke.

I assume they are hoping for a tv show next and of course that would bring in some new fans who had not heard of him and think that he’s only hit the jackpot once in his life
Theres no bigger platform than youtube currently and even if they were transitioning platforms there would be significant carry over.

Reactions: 1
Shane hates other disabled people
I believe it. My cousin is a little person and is the same way. She hates other little people and wants nothing to do with them. She prefers the company of normal sized people and is disgusted at the thought of dating another little person

• Wow
Reactions: 12
He certainly doesn't appear to try contacting other disability advocates in his travels. When he was in the UK and Europe he could have set up any number of meetings, arranged to speak at events, done some research before leaving to find out what resources and support services are available to disabled people in other countries. Or what barriers are put in their way. He could have highlighted the fact that in the UK 130,000 disabled people have died in the last decade as a direct result of Austerity policies which were so egregious that the UN launched an investigation and categorised the culling of support services and financial aid to the disabled as a crime against humanity.

He could have spoken with policy advisors in the different states he has visited in his own country. He has a considerable platform. One which others in the disability community would be overjoyed to have access to. He could be giving so many people a voice. Forging networks. Changing lives. But instead he engages in asinine tourist trap day trips and gets his gf to model 12 different bikinis while he rates them according to how much of her T&A they reveal. It's all so shoddy and distasteful.
THIS!!!! Thank you. When they were in Poland they were in a town that had a concentration camp in it during World War II where people with disabilities were flat out murdered by the Nazi regime because they were not considered "worthy." I thought at least they would give it a mention as a perfect teaching moment. But, nope, not a word. Real advocacy too serious a subject?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I just watched Cole and Charisma for the first time. I was only familiar with their names from this forum. I watched “our news morning routine” and was BLOWN AWAY. First of all, that video has 6 million views and it’s only 4 months old. Scrubby and grubby aren’t in their league when it comes to viewership or likability. I cannot even believe how pleasant, engaging and downright likable they are. They did an entire shower routine with no bikini and no sexual jokes. They appear to really love each other and there is an educational element to the show. Amazing.
They come across as dignified and authentic, and seem to really have their heads screwed on the right way. Which is more than I can say for S&G!

Reactions: 5
This was shared here recently, but Cole/Charisma/family are really criticized. I guess for them, when it comes to C/C, we would be equivalent to S/G fans that comment to the channel, and they on LS Alley would be us on here (if that makes sense...). Cole/Charisma thread

Reactions: 2
Not the least bit surprising if she had actual boyfriends before going on this bizarre interabled mission. Of course there were high school and college guys all over her. We assume shes this super weird (she is indeed ) chick thats also afraid of men but was there anyone who actually knew her in real life that said she didnt date or talk to guys at all? The way she shows her body off with no modesty at all makes it seem like she wouldnt be that insecure around guys. I mean now that shes with shane it would make sense but before this began and before her college brainwashing is there anything that can lead us to believe she wasnt the typical pretty chick in school or is that just based on her behavior in YT videos?

That cole and charisma thread seems more racist than anything. I dont get it. C&C arent scamming their fans or lying or manipulating them. Who gives a ...

I thought they would get a tv show too earlier on but that window seems closed now as their content is so bad and repeatitive at this point but I suppose its still possible just for the bizarre shock value but not likely because producers want something that will last and s&g would struggle to make just 1 season of content

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
This was shared here recently, but Cole/Charisma/family are really criticized. I guess for them, when it comes to C/C, we would be equivalent to S/G fans that comment to the channel, and they on LS Alley would be us on here (if that makes sense...). Cole/Charisma thread
The thread made sure to describe them as an interracial couple as well so I didn’t think I needed to read any further. I get where some of the criticism could come from. That in and of itself makes them likely to be a more realistic YouTube couple than S&G but that’s just my opinion as a black man. It’s understood that they will probably never be as popular, at least in America, as Squirmy and Grubs no matter how authentic and how great their channel would become. Some people just wouldn’t ever get down with interracial relationships even though they are supposed to be about inclusivity by supporting S&G. If Cole really came at it completely as a plan for a business then he would’ve rolled with a white girl as his business partner

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Why wouldnt Shane roll with his cousin as a business partner and make her be the girlfriend. She checks all the boxes that would be the smart move

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
And have his cousin force kisses on him and try to fake talking about a sex life between them in order to appear convincing as his girlfriend? Nasty! I couldn't even fathom doing that with my cousin. I imagine a majority, if not the whole family, would disapprove. Better to find an unrelated, virtue-signalling, overly progressive, somewhat mentally/emotionally damaged, naive, and conventionally attractive weirdo like Hannah to fill the role.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Why wouldnt Shane roll with his cousin as a business partner and make her be the girlfriend. She checks all the boxes that would be the smart move
Yeah, she’s tall, blond and seems to care about disabilities. But, in a S&G video/post sometime last year Shane mentioned that his cousin either just got married or engaged I can’t remember. So, I’d assume it’s the same reason why the other two girlfriends didn’t stick it out, they wanted to have a regular life, regular job, friends and stuff. These girls have to fake a lot and give up pretty much all of their time to play his girlfriend. And I think they had the same last name before she got married so they would’ve had to fake a lot more stuff when going from being co-owners of the foundation to a Squirmy and Grubs type of fake relationship traveling business.

In the beginning, the whole thing hinged on people not knowing him or at least not knowing about his story of unbelievable dating luck. Everyone in their town would’ve known she was his cousin, people from school, church etc. It wouldn’t have worked because people would’ve called them out shortly after it got off the ground. I think it says something that he couldn’t have found a girl from his area to be his real girlfriend or even play his girlfriend for the public, too risky. It’s like when your college roommate says he has a new girlfriend but she’s from out of state, and no one knows her and can really confirm the legitimacy of the relationship other than what the roommate says and shows in photos

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.