Social mama.xo #13 thirty, filthy & just about surviving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if the in laws have actually owned aimees and now they are doing all the renovating they are selling it?
I wondered this too. I know she got inheritance but when she spoke about it before it wasn’t tons of money, it was enough for a wedding and money towards a deposit. I wonder if she’s been “forced” out as another family member owns a big chunk of it also 🤔🤔🤔

It’s so bizarre - even if a family member part owns it or whatever, why move out & wait from Christmas until now to even pu tit on the market. I cannot understand all this moving 3 kids from their home, mates etc to live in a building site while you tidy and sort your house before even consider putting it on the market. As everyone says tho, the whole lot of them are enablers. I think she has said she can’t cope and has bad memories from her miscarriage and can’t be in that house.
I don’t think it’s the case that she won’t get another house like that, I very much believe Aimee will get what Aimee wants.

Reactions: 7
I think they’re selling up so they can save the mortgage payment (and equity from current house) as a deposit for a bigger house.

Nobody would move out just to make for an easy and tidy sale. Saving the mortgage payment by living with family for a few months must be part of it.

Presumably when she was pregnant there was some urgency about a bigger house so family offered to do this? Her current/old house seems really small, so would be v tight with 4 kids and her laziness shopping habit.

With only one income (plus cookies), options to save for a deposit would be limited to reducing outgoings or her getting a job.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Looking at the floor plan on RM, it is a very small house for the price.

But there’s no need for Shaimee to have the biggest room, could have swapped the boys and got princess instagwam a bed with storage and she’d have gotten another 5 years out of that home.

I get the impression they don’t have enough disposable income to save for a big deposit, and correct me if I’m wrong as it’s been almost 10 years since we bought our home but when it comes to a mortgage, they don’t take overtime and pay enhancements from weekend work etc into consideration as this fluctuates. So maybe cupboard boy doesn’t make enough to warrant a £250k + mortgage for their “dream home 😴

Reactions: 5
“With only one income (plus cookies)”
😂😂😂😂😂

absolutely dead.

think she went to the mortgage advisor and was like all I have is 4 boxes of cookies, some bath bombs and balloons but don’t worry I’m manifesting a deposit for the bigger house.

she’s an absolute fruit cake

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My detective skills must be failing me after a day of work, you know at a job Aimee, not flogging some app on Instagram, because I can't for the life of me work out where the mother in law stays.
I think she's probably panicked when she got pregnant because despite the price on rightmove the house does seem rather small, but I do tend to think that with those type of new builds. So they probably planned to move in with the I laws to save some money and probably buy somewhere else once baby has been here for a bit. Then with everything that has happened, and sensing that she likes to get her own way she probably still wanted a new house because she had the idea in her head so will be giving it let's have a fresh start. So carried on with the plan and is using it as a distraction.
The in laws might as well continue this renovation to add a whole other floor for the social services mama and her family cause she is absolutely loving it in that house.

• Haha
I’ve no idea where the MIL house is either, I just find it funny as I am pretty sure Aimee said it was Bearsden they lived and turns out it’s as fake as her accent!

I thought Kyle’s mum and dad must be loaded to be having a big house in Bearsden but it’s all smoke and mirrors… probably a bungalow they’ve inherited since Aimee said they’ve had it for years….

Reactions: 4
I’ve no idea where the MIL house is either, I just find it funny as I am pretty sure Aimee said it was Bearsden they lived and turns out it’s as fake as her accent!

I thought Kyle’s mum and dad must be loaded to be having a big house in Bearsden but it’s all smoke and mirrors… probably a bungalow they’ve inherited since Aimee said they’ve had it for years….

Without giving the exact road they live on - it's at the retail park in Drumchapel.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
…..unless, maybe she thinks she’s so famous that once her house was for sale and online she would be in danger from an obsessed troll?!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Without giving the exact road they live on - it's at the retail park in Drumchapel.
I found it too, only took about 5 minutes, planning application and all. Would never have been able to if it wasn’t for Aimée giving away so much information. Pretty harmless a few Tricia’s knowing but if it’s THAT easy for us to find then just imagine how easy it is for others who might have bad intentions. Doubt her poor MIL signed up for all of this when she agreed to take on an extra 5 children mid-renovation. Aimée has practically given the bloody blueprints away, not to mention she is constantly updating her whereabouts so it’s easy for people to see when there is going to be no one home. Just another day in the life of an ignoramus who refuses to acknowledge the dangers of the internet, not only for her children who she exploits all day every day, but her in-laws now too 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I think she said they were buying a new build, and to sign the contact for buying that they needed to have sold their place already. I don’t think that’s too uncommon for Scottish home builders to include as a term of sale.

Reactions: 2
I think she said they were buying a new build, and to sign the contact for buying that they needed to have sold their place already. I don’t think that’s too uncommon for Scottish home builders to include as a term of sale.
This rings a bell. And you know once aimee has manifested this hoose there's no way she's going back on it at all. And what a perfect excuse to laze about in someone's else's house, oh we have to have sold our house first. She would be far better off with a larger ex council house with a big garden than no doubt another pokey wee new build with an ensuite and rooms you could barely swing a cat in. But that wouldn't fit her narrative. Thinking back I love how she pretended she was going to do what most would do when thinking of moving, getting a job and cutting back on spending. No oor aimee, just goes ahead and somehow manages to convince the boy under the stairs to move anyway. He must be absolutely done in working to provide for a family with 3 young kids, while his Mrs spends the day at silverburn soft play, talking to her phone in the car and giving tutorials on how to press "play" on his maws coffee machine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
]

That’s not uncommon or weird. What’s weird is lifting up your whole life and little kiddies and moving in with your in laws 5 weeks before the photos pop up on rightmove. MIL is clearly a dafty. She should technically not even be thinking about moving in for another 6-8 weeks. All that upheaval and uncertainty for they children. She’s just a woman

This rings a bell. And you know once aimee has manifested this hoose there's no way she's going back on it at all. And what a perfect excuse to laze about in someone's else's house, oh we have to have sold our house first. She would be far better off with a larger ex council house with a big garden than no doubt another pokey wee new build with an ensuite and rooms you could barely swing a cat in. But that wouldn't fit her narrative. Thinking back I love how she pretended she was going to do what most would do when thinking of moving, getting a job and cutting back on spending. No oor aimee, just goes ahead and somehow manages to convince the boy under the stairs to move anyway. He must be absolutely done in working to provide for a family with 3 young kids, while his Mrs spends the day at silverburn soft play, talking to her phone in the car and giving tutorials on how to press "play" on his maws coffee machine.

What an absolute insult that is to Kyle who's out working to provide. His mum should be livid she is treating him like that. There is absolutely no excuse now for her not to have a job after summer when Callie's at school. She's fully trained beautician so defo could work when kids at school no excuse

Reactions: 9
What an absolute insult that is to Kyle who's out working to provide. His mum should be livid she is treating him like that. There is absolutely no excuse now for her not to have a job after summer when Callie's at school. She's fully trained beautician so defo could work when kids at school no excuse
i suppose that was the reason for the pregnancy. Callie starts school and is replaced by new baby to keep Shaimee entertained throughout the day!

Reactions: 9
I actually think if any family suggested to
Aimee that she get a job, she would be pulling the mental health card & guilt trip them all. Did she not say before that she moved out her mums when she was 16 and they didn’t get on? Bet her own mum is scared to say anything to her incase she kicks off again

She's made it even harder for herself to get a job now as she needs to travel 30 mins plus to school and back every day. If they had just stayed in the house until summer they could have sold and moved over the holidays with less disruption to all of them. She could have started up a mobile beauty and built some clients, or even just get a job in one of the local salons she frequents... saved for a few months. Without putting her in laws out so much mid ripping up the floor.

Reactions: 2
She is an absolute idiot and so is Kyle for allowing her to behave like that. There are loads with real mental health issues who work amazing jobs. No excuse. Shameful

Her kids will just be embarrassed by her when they grow up, another baby is the last thing she needs 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
i suppose that was the reason for the pregnancy. Callie starts school and is replaced by new baby to keep Shaimee entertained throughout the day!
Can you imagine her doing the school run with 3 school aged "kiddies" and a new born. Not a chance those children would be in school 5 days a week. And what were they planning on doing for a car? As far as I'm aware they share a pokey wee car at the moment with 3 car seats/booster in the back and they (at present anyway) also have a dog. There's wanting another baby and then there's being realistic. She's only 30, despite the glittery slider footwear choice saying more like 65, they APPEAR to get by on one wage so Aimee could have got a job, saved every penny for a few years and then stepped back and tried for another baby and put that money towards a house, car, maternity.
From the outside looking in (and I feel like she gives all us tricias a pretty good view because she over shares, I mean someone guessed she was pregnant because right on cue every months she's talking about her period...) nothing they have done makes any sense and I'd love to hear how they are justifying it.
And why did the kids need a trippled bunkbed? Just because she seen it and wanted it? I'd almost put my life on it that the boys old bunk and callies little bed would have fitted in the house.
Why do we need a story about going shopping for new duvets and pillow. And surprise surprise she only mentioned what kind Callie was after...

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.