Social mama.xo #13 thirty, filthy & just about surviving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Raising three kids is only going to get more expensive for them - it's easy when they are wee, you can buy supermarket clothes but as they get older you are under pressure to buy them the more expensive trainers, designer labels etc, and of course Callie will get only the best and whatever she demands to be the same as her friends. Where does that money come from? More overtime and on-call hours? If I saw my sons being used as a meal ticket the way she uses her husband I definitely would not be shy about having a word with her but as people have said she would turn on the waterworks and the mental health card would be out!!

Reactions: 5
So Callie wants LOL or Barbie duvet covers but Aimee is struggling to find any that SHE likes… sorry what?? Do one thing for your weans ONE THING and get them bedding that THEY want. Ffs

Reactions: 4
So Callie wants LOL or Barbie duvet covers but Aimee is struggling to find any that SHE likes… sorry what?? Do one thing for your weans ONE THING and get them bedding that THEY want. Ffs
Exactly this - I absolutely HATE character clothes and stuff but kids are only small for a short window and if that’s what makes them super happy then so be it!

Exactly this - I absolutely HATE character clothes and stuff but kids are only small for a short window and if that’s what makes them super happy then so be it!
Aw agreed! But like you say it’s not forever and let’s be honest nobody should be seeing their bedding

Psml that “the accent” caused the words to up as doobies instead of duvets 🤣
And of course, Sh'aimee had no idea what this meant!!! Who is she trying to kid, first Mad Dog now this, we know she's not that innocent - she left home at 16 and she met her husband in a lap dance club, she's not that naive :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How bloody boring is the constant fake tan chat. This girl must be the dullest human on earth.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Busy wee day though! Shopping, more shopping, hair, AND fake tanning. Jings, she’ll be needing a rest.

I was thinking she’s maybe going to try to reinvent her content based around her new house, bringing in bits she sees others do well for family accounts.

Like that cleaning account she shared recently from the Isles of SKILLY! 😆😆😆😆 “am I saying that right?” Er NO!!

• Haha
I’m just waiting for the pic of the bunk beds and Callie on the top bunk because she will be demanding that!

She’ll be absolutely exhausted today having not stopped buying 3 sets of bedding and getting her hair done.

The beds would have fitted, Callie has one of those wee tiny IKEA kids beds so it wouldn’t be an issue just Aimee has to spunk cash wherever possible. Obviously the bedding they currently had wouldn’t be any good either so that’s probably the guts of £100 right there. And the poor soul not having her hair done since before Christmas…. Where is this endless supply of cash coming from?!

I hate being crass about money, but we are 2 full time professionals earning goodish money. We are quite comfortable but we are savvy. We save a good bit monthly because we can. We are hammering away at our mortgage because we want it gone asap. Just because money is there doesn't mean you need to spend it. We did not always live like this, we were hand to mouth for many of the early years. Our kids shared rooms, we had the box room. We were in a 2 bed flat with 3 kids for a couple of years. My kids know they don't just get whatever they want. Aimee will get to her mid - late 40s with teenagers, with no savings, no career, no pension pot and Kyle will likely be in the ground, overworked and overwanked. Good, he'll finally get a bleeping rest from this absolute chaos of a 'wife'. Absolute dafties.

Reactions: 15
She’ll be absolutely exhausted today having not stopped buying 3 sets of bedding and getting her hair done.

The beds would have fitted, Callie has one of those wee tiny IKEA kids beds so it wouldn’t be an issue just Aimee has to spunk cash wherever possible. Obviously the bedding they currently had wouldn’t be any good either so that’s probably the guts of £100 right there. And the poor soul not having her hair done since before Christmas…. Where is this endless supply of cash coming from?!
This was my thought. Someone else could actually own the house and they've been renting but she has been claiming as a single parent so it's actually not worth her while to work. That's the only reason I can come up with why she isn't hungry for the money etc. They also have a car each do they not? It's insane, god help her when the kids are older

This was my thought. Someone else could actually own the house and they've been renting but she has been claiming as a single parent so it's actually not worth her while to work. That's the only reason I can come up with why she isn't hungry for the money etc. They also have a car each do they not? It's insane, god help her when the kids are older
Nah it's definitely their house, there was a big song and dance when they bought it. It's not rented.
On that note wtf has ddug done to the lassie's room? Tacky AF.

• Haha
So she's moved out, to relatives on the other side of Glasgow and a considerable distance from the kids school and nursery.... just so she can have the house on the market... EH? Have I picked this up right? Who does that?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The amount of money she spends you’d think she would buy a new carpet. Even a cheap end of roll has to be better than that manky brown one!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.