Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I normally take the lid off a hour or so to thicken it up plus cornflour
Thank you, I thickened it with cornflour but it made the colour not very appetising and made it shiny, had to cook with lid on the last bit as you add green beans at the end.

Not very often I have cooking disasters, I’ve never had a problem when making Slimming Eats or Two Chubby Cubs recipes but can think of a few PON ones over the years which haven’t turned out right.

Reactions: 5
I know there’s a Pinch of Nom thread on here but it’s not active.

Tried out a recipe from one of their books last night, I’m not a massive fan of PON recipes but this one didn’t call for any strange ingredients so thought I would give it a go, it didn’t turn out well at all despite it smelling nice while it was cooking so I went to post on their page asking where I went wrong, my post got declined 😂😂

I wasn’t slagging off the recipe it was literally just basically saying I tried X recipe tonight, the consistency isn’t right, anyone have any idea where I might have gone wrong?? (With a photo of said meal)

I could understand if I’d put it was an absolute shower of shite and looks like something they’d serve in prison in the 1800s, the group should be called Pinch of Nom recipes and Arse Licking Posts Only!
Pinch of Nom weigh about 30 stone a piece and are known for stealing recipes from facebook groups and other healthy recipe blogs (2 chubby cubs mongolian beef an example)

I personally wouldn't buy diet recipes off these walruses when 2 chubby cubs and slimmingeats have actually lost weight and have nicer recipes.

These two obviously don't eat their own recipes or if they do it shows the recipes aren't slimming.

Also the pics i'm posting aren't 'befores' this is how they actually look.
Screenshot_20221028-105223_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20221028-105246_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20221028-105306_Google.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Pinch of Nom weigh about 30 stone a piece and are known for stealing recipes from facebook groups and other healthy recipe blogs (2 chubby cubs mongolian beef an example)

I personally wouldn't buy diet recipes off these walruses when 2 chubby cubs and slimmingeats have actually lost weight and have nicer recipes.

These two obviously don't eat their own recipes or if they do it shows the recipes aren't slimming.

View attachment 1684616View attachment 1684617View attachment 1684618
I was aware of them being that size as I commented the other week saying it was farcical them saying in one recipe to use 25g of grated cheese to cover an entire cottage pie when they’re clearly not following their own recipes, but I was not aware of them stealing recipes from elsewhere!

Reactions: 9

I’ve never felt the need to google pics of them and just always assumed they were 2 slim, glamorous women 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Someone posted a new thread a bit back for people who are coming away for diets I’ve scrolled all the way back and can’t find it please could someone point me in the right direction 😊

Someone posted a new thread a bit back for people who are coming away for diets I’ve scrolled all the way back and can’t find it please could someone point me in the right direction 😊
I posted this one a while back, if its this one you mean?

I’ve never felt the need to google pics of them and just always assumed they were 2 slim, glamorous women 😂😂😂
This is Kay in all her glory at a talk where she's telling americans all about PON and how she used trend and algorithyms (*copied others) to get popular.
Screenshot_20221028-150959_YouTube.jpg

Pinch of Nom weigh about 30 stone a piece
I take this back Kay looks over 40 stone..she's a tall woman too

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I posted this one a while back, if its this one you mean?

This is Kay in all her glory at a talk where she's telling americans all about PON and how she used trend and algorithyms (*copied others) to get popular.
View attachment 1685183

I take this back Kay looks over 40 stone..she's a tall woman too
Bloody hell! Feel like chucking the PON books in the bin!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
To be honest I think Just Eat will have being the real winners in all this
Does anyone else in regard to Just Eat/Deliveroo etc find it insane you can now get it on tick 😩 like wtf as someone who has struggled with debt in the past cannot imagine making weekly payments on a takeaway 🤦‍♀️ Irresponsible lending at its finest!

Reactions: 10

duck my life, thats not just obese, that is grotesque.

• Heart
Does anyone else in regard to Just Eat/Deliveroo etc find it insane you can now get it on tick 😩 like wtf as someone who has struggled with debt in the past cannot imagine making weekly payments on a takeaway 🤦‍♀️ Irresponsible lending at its finest!
Irresponsible lending yes, but i'm a believer people that people should exercise personal responsibility.

I'm sorry but if you start ordering chicken chow meins on klarna it's not the banks fault, it's your own poor decision.

If you get credit to pay for a takeaway, fail to pay it back then get in debt you need to take responsibility for getting something you knew was beyond your means.

Reactions: 6
Pon are a pair of charlatans riding all the way to the bank off the back of chopped tomatoes and stock pots. The recipes across all of their books are just rehashed to appear different

Reactions: 7
Irresponsible lending yes, but i'm a believer people that people should exercise personal responsibility.

I'm sorry but if you start ordering chicken chow meins on klarna it's not the banks fault, it's your own poor decision.

If you get credit to pay for a takeaway, fail to pay it back then get in debt you need to take responsibility for getting something you knew was beyond your means.
It’s ridiculous! I was in debt in the past for the usual stuff you would think of like general credit card debt and cannot imagine being in debt over a takeaway I ate 3 months ago WTF 🙈 shake my head every time I see their adverts.

duck PON absolute pair of brick shithouses.

2CC all the way! Always honest, great recipes and humour in the gutter just as I Iike it 😂

ETA - always found it interesting that PON were not permitted to put syn values on their recipes but 2CC were! Says it all

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I was always a bit suspicious when I saw the size of their hands in the videos 😅

I don't follow Donna tackles slimming world but have a look when she's mentioned here (those portions are massive?!) but blatant attempts at hiding ads and aff links today so off went my report to the ASA

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Anyone who follows its_all_a_bit_hazey have any idea why she has a blue tick?! I only just noticed but don't understand why she'd need one!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.