Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
was contemplating sw as I have hit a road block with my image and I’m in a vicious cycle of fast food and being depressed, reading here I’m going if the idea😂 what would be your advice on weight loss for a 17 stone tit house like myself?

Reactions: 3
was contemplating sw as I have hit a road block with my image and I’m in a vicious cycle of fast food and being depressed, reading here I’m going if the idea😂 what would be your advice on weight loss for a 17 stone tit house like myself?
Calorie counting would be my go to 😊
But don't lower your calories too low. Work out your calories on the tdee calculator.
Dropping them too low makes it more likely you'll fail and less sustainable.
And if you fancy something, don't stop yourself. Just have it in moderation 😊
When you restrict yourself of things, that's when you crave them more 😊

Depending on your height, I would say you maintenance is probably 2300 maybe. So maybe looking for between 1800 and 2000 to start with 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've said it time and again, sw should keep a very very close eye on the people who are consultants. Someone who is able to put half a stone on inside a few days should not be responsible and in charge of other peoples weightloss.
SW don’t care it’s all about the £ for them. I think they paint it as some magical journey when you go to HQ etc to become a consultant then the reality is it’s very high pressure to keep your numbers up etc.

Reactions: 8
Don’t massively change what you eat. The reason “diets” fail is because you don’t enjoy what you eat on them. Download nutracheck and track calories, make sure you hit the calorie goal each day (restricting will only lead to binges). Just simple tweaks like changing portion size and getting more steps in will make the world of difference. And have patience. Losing just 1lb a week is enough, this is a 4 stone over a year which is huge!!

Reactions: 7
And don't call yourself a tit house either! We've all been there with losing our way at times. Be kind to yourself ☺
I agree also calorie counting is the way to go. Even if it's just at first to make you aware of your eating in a day and get a little bit of control back ☺

To anyone who struggles to lose weight what Lauren and many of the sw gang do is EXACTLY why they keep failing or why they gain their weight back … they’re in the diet mindset. Diets do not work!!! They aren’t maintainable. I always say unless you can see yourself eating the same way in 10 years time then it isn’t going to work.
Diets are a waste of time and money. Eat the food you love but a little bit less and move a little bit more. Simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
lauren posted two main meals total 550 calories. that is not sustainable wtf and she wonders why she keeps failing

Reactions: 6
Nope she finally got the tummy tuck everyone donated money towards and she has now fucked off. Most likely gained a load back by now as well
I wondered where she went! I personally don’t believe in go fund me for surgery for skin removal etc. I get you've done really well but it’s not for anyone else to pay for. I could do with a tummy tuck but wouldn’t dream of fundraising for it. As people in the past have done this and regained the weight back. Jack Towers, a prime example

Loving Lauren back with a “fresh mindset” for the umpteenth time…
it was only about 3 weeks ago she had another restart?

I wondered where she went! I personally don’t believe in go fund me for surgery for skin removal etc. I get you've done really well but it’s not for anyone else to pay for. I could do with a tummy tuck but wouldn’t dream of fundraising for it. As people in the past have done this and regained the weight back. Jack Towers, a prime example
anyone that begs for ANYTHING online should be ashamed.

Reactions: 10
OMG is that from herself or operations?
Wow. 😔 I don’t really want to speculate, but from my experience working in the mental health field, they do look self-inflicted. Not to mention newly inflicted. Surely operational scars wouldn’t be left like that without dressings and wouldn’t differ in stages of healing.

Not sure how I feel about things like that being posted on social media. Especially if your bio is advocating mental health. Seeing something like that wouldn’t benefit the mental well-being of anyone I work with.

They’re definitely self harm scars. My neice suffers badly with depression and self harm and she has scars exactly like this all down her arms and legs bless her. I get that it’s an illness but I hate to see my nieces, they turn my stomach. And so do Lauren’s. It really isn’t nice to see

• Sad
I really don't think we should be speculating or talking about Lauren on here.
she's obviously got issues and I would hate to think she finds this thread and it triggers something.
yes, she posts this stuff herself but we don't know what frame of mind she is in or if she's thinking rationally.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.