Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
but you could say that about anyone who's talked about in here?
Yes I was about to say the same thing. Many things have been said on here that could in my opinion cause the same and anyone could have mental health battles that no one knows about so comments may already have caused serious harm to others. I’m not saying I don’t comment but as someone who suffers silently I know the harm some comments could have.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve said it on this thread before and it got locked so I don’t think we should discuss her to much. Her account is private, after all.

Reactions: 4
but you could say that about anyone who's talked about in here?
There is a big difference between having a laugh about someone making a twit of themselves on ig or having a massive gain and picking over a picture of someones scars and speculating if they're self harm or not.

Reactions: 1
She shouldn’t be on this thread because…

She shouldn’t be on social media with an account related to weight. Wasn’t there aftercare with the ED team, where the hell are her parents/supposedly loving partner?

I guess at the end of the day, I shouldn’t speculate on somebody else’s relationships but without a shadow of a doubt, my loved ones would be absolutely on my ass.

Reactions: 6
Apologies, I didn’t mean to offend anyone by posting that picture. I just worry for her, it wasn’t posted in any way to make fun or anything like that, just because I really worry for her

Apologies, I didn’t mean to offend anyone by posting that picture. I just worry for her, it wasn’t posted in any way to make fun or anything like that, just because I really worry for her
I didn’t take your post as offensive, just a concern for her like I feel.

I just feel the poor girl has no direction in life and she centres everything around her weight like that’s the be all and end all, if she was to get to whatever she thinks would be her ideal weight, does she think everything would be perfect and she’ll have her dream job etc? I don’t think that will happen.

I say this as someone who struggles with my weight myself (although not to the same extremes).

Everything previously said about her on this thread has been of genuine concern, but saying she looks like she has a smelly vagina really isn’t nice when she’s not trying to sell anything or make any money of ads and is just very candidly documenting her journey.

Reactions: 5
I’m conflicted.

Common decency makes me want to agree that she’s off limits. But on the other hand, you’re free to discuss who you wish. As long as it’s not hate speech or libellous, obviously. Anything said prior to the post of that photo (that I saw over the last couple of pages, at least) wasn’t particularly harmful. Saying someone looks like they smell is hardly going in for the jugular, is it?! Mean spirited? Yeah, a bit. But something to cause serious harm? I don’t think so.
I’d never even heard of the woman until comments were made about her restarting her journey again. Every comment including and since the photo post has had no malicious intent behind it. I’d say that the tone has definitely been one of concern.

I do agree with the person way above who said that the same could apply to anyone who is/has been discussed on this site. I’ve seen some truly scathing things said about people, their partners, their families and even their kids on these threads and specific weight loss threads. But that’s ok and justified because they try to sell crap, fib about weight, their weight journey seems like a joke to you or I, or because you simply just don’t like them? I hate all that too and there are some folks that just annoy me for some reason. I have made comments about some of the SW Instagrammers that get my back up. For all I know, any one of them could have serious MH issues but choose not to post photos of the physical evidence like this woman chose to do on her very public profile for all to see.

Without causing a row, it just seems the tiniest bit hypocritical to waltz in and take the moral high ground. Unless, of course, you’ve not said a single negative thing about anyone on here. In that case, you’re more than welcome to. 👍🏻

ETA: For the sake of keeping the peace, I won’t be mentioning her again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Totally new to this thread but does anyone remember the blonde lady who lost a large amount of weight super quickly? Approximately 8 stone and I’m sure it was in under a year. I think the IG might have been “theslimmingmama” or maybe something else along those lines. She used to get really snappy at the most innocent of questions from other slimmers- probably because she was hangry to be fair.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What does everyone think about TryingToDoItAll__ and Donna_Tackles SlimmingWorld?

They just seem to have very much the same, largely unprevoked, shouting into the void "listen here Karen" mentality.

Scarcely do I see a response from followers to any of their posts mentioning syns or portion size but they both launch off about white bread and massive portions and repeat repeat repeat and are both very - I'll have what I want and you can shove it.

My FB timeline is blowing up with SW consultants scrabbling for previous members to return (by dropping the joining fee if you have your old card/membership pack) and defending the current weekly fee as being less than 2 cappuccinos at Costa or fish n chips for one.

What does everyone think about TryingToDoItAll__ and Donna_Tackles SlimmingWorld?

They just seem to have very much the same, largely unprevoked, shouting into the void "listen here Karen" mentality.

Scarcely do I see a response from followers to any of their posts mentioning syns or portion size but they both launch off about white bread and massive portions and repeat repeat repeat and are both very - I'll have what I want and you can shove it.
Trying to do it all reads here and references what is wrote and the fact she has been very occasionally mentioned on here less than a handful of times. (not like she has a thread or is even interesting enough to have one is it?)
Screenshot_20221027-113240_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221027-113204_Chrome.jpg
20221027_114717.jpg

Totally new to this thread but does anyone remember the blonde lady who lost a large amount of weight super quickly? Approximately 8 stone and I’m sure it was in under a year. I think the IG might have been “theslimmingmama” or maybe something else along those lines. She used to get really snappy at the most innocent of questions from other slimmers- probably because she was hangry to be fair.
I believe she is still on insta but barely posts, samanthajpearson
Edited to add - she has a thread on here somewhere!

My FB timeline is blowing up with SW consultants scrabbling for previous members to return (by dropping the joining fee if you have your old card/membership pack) and defending the current weekly fee as being less than 2 cappuccinos at Costa or fish n chips for one.
This definitely fits the situation

• Haha
I know there’s a Pinch of Nom thread on here but it’s not active.

Tried out a recipe from one of their books last night, I’m not a massive fan of PON recipes but this one didn’t call for any strange ingredients so thought I would give it a go, it didn’t turn out well at all despite it smelling nice while it was cooking so I went to post on their page asking where I went wrong, my post got declined 😂😂

I wasn’t slagging off the recipe it was literally just basically saying I tried X recipe tonight, the consistency isn’t right, anyone have any idea where I might have gone wrong?? (With a photo of said meal)

I could understand if I’d put it was an absolute shower of shite and looks like something they’d serve in prison in the 1800s, the group should be called Pinch of Nom recipes and Arse Licking Posts Only!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I know there’s a Pinch of Nom thread on here but it’s not active.

Tried out a recipe from one of their books last night, I’m not a massive fan of PON recipes but this one didn’t call for any strange ingredients so thought I would give it a go, it didn’t turn out well at all despite it smelling nice while it was cooking so I went to post on their page asking where I went wrong, my post got declined 😂😂

I wasn’t slagging off the recipe it was literally just basically saying I tried X recipe tonight, the consistency isn’t right, anyone have any idea where I might have gone wrong?? (With a photo of said meal)

I could understand if I’d put it was an absolute shower of shite and looks like something they’d serve in prison in the 1800s, the group should be called Pinch of Nom recipes and Arse Licking Posts Only!
Which recipe was it

Which recipe was it
It was the Caribbean lamb curry. I was suspicious of how much stock it called for in the first place. If I was to try and make it again I would half it if not even more than that!

I should have also included a photo of the Chinese we ended up getting instead 😂

• Haha
It was the Caribbean lamb curry. I was suspicious of how much stock it called for in the first place. If I was to try and make it again I would half it if not even more than that!

I should have also included a photo of the Chinese we ended up getting instead 😂
I normally take the lid off a hour or so to thicken it up plus cornflour

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.