Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kissfm

Babes just go to bed I'd rather watch someone like your own boyfriend cover the announcement

• Haha
Reactions: 15

custosmorum

Chatty Member
I agree with @mermaidish and @Charlene78. I don't actually care what they spend their money on, it's their money. But when you've been very clearly putting minimum effort into your videos for the past couple of years and are, at this point, overpaid for the content you put out, yet still act as if you deserve more and as if it's unfair how you can't afford everything you want while already in a privileged position, I will find that irritating.

James has been making content for over a decade and his content is still, at least in my opinion, fun. He also does what he does with a level of professionalism. You'll never see him post that a video is coming tonight, then not post it. If he had an issue while filming, whether his mic was off or something unexpected happened, he will refilm that part. He reads and addresses the comments. You won't see him post on Twitter that he's tired and drag that narrative for weeks. You don't see him posting his Lego wishlist on Instagram and writing "too bad it's too expensive" while simultaneously waiting for a MyTheresa haul to arrive and having a "How to build a wall" tutorial as this week's content, a part of the "How to" series that will end with its second video. He is still working actively on his channel and has long ago recognized what works for him and his viewers. He treats it as his job. Deli treats it as "I have reached a million subscribers, so the hard work is behind me...how unfair that I still can't get a new kitchen and solar panels at the same time" *cries in $270 dress while paying for her 5th health program*.

I do, however, agree that James picked up some mannerisms from Dr. Gluon and that Gluon deserves to be mentioned more in general because he's great.
And Deli did get worse with James, because it allowed her to be lazier. She certainly could not afford 3 weeks of periods when she was paying everything for herself.

• Heart

kissfm

How does she want us to help? Go over there and clean it for her? I can’t believe google still isn’t available for influencers😔 must be really hard to only learn things off insta story replies

• Haha

mmay1414

omg i cant with dans editing
'i think something more casual will suit him'
'i think something more casual will suit him'
'i think something more casual'

• Haha

custosmorum

Chatty Member
019B7000-EFF8-4A62-AF0C-717CE271FE42.jpeg

Does this seem to you like she’s salty about not being invited and included in the event like some other simmers? It reads like a passive agressive “hehe I’m just kidding, but not really” tweet.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

justabitsad

Master bedroom isn't really a thing people say in my part of the UK it's a bedroom I guess if I was making a youtube video then I would refer to bedrooms as the parents room kids room. Etc or call them doubles or singles. I do think if someone tells you that a term is offensive you respect them and stop using that word. Deli is a grown woman who should know how to be respectful.
Eh, not sure I agree there. You can’t pander to absolutely everyone, and that’s especially true in this hyper-sensitive world where seemingly everything is offensive.

I also get the impression that Americans are way more sensitive/easily offended than Australian or British people.

I’m no fan of Deli but in this case I’ll defend her right to say master bedroom. Seems like a non-issue imo.

• Heart

custosmorum

Chatty Member
5E8AE2F6-6FF6-4185-B575-6BB6B018462A.jpeg

Ah yes, all the more reason for those base game only builds with the ugly brown base game couch and that one terracotta pot plant.

• Haha

Raychieee

Chatty Member
James definitely comes across like he would rather keep his personal life off camera. Which is a little strange as he was very flirty with Deli before they officially got together but this could just be a sign of him growing and maturing over the years.
Also I can't imagine they have much to talk about as they both pretty much stay in the house and both work from home.

Otterley

I’ve taken the step and unsubscribed from Plumbella on YouTube (finally!) It’s depressing watching someone go through the same cycle over and over. Productive for a couple of weeks, claims burnout, disappears then comes back with a “humorous” video with their packaged excuse of Autism and Autistic burnout.
I don’t take issue with having Autism. I take issue with making it your sole personality trait and ready made excuse for poor performance, work ethic and behaviour. It gives people with Autism a bad name.

• Heart

Doggone Goob

Deli again endlessly shopping and buying things while TALKING ABOUT BEING SUSTAINABLE. I bring it up every time because it drives me nuts!!! Just drop the act!! Reduce, reuse, rewear, recycle - if u actually care about the environment, deli. I'm saying this to her, as she is someone with privelege and money. She has no excuses. And I live in Melbourne and I know assembly label, delis just at a big department store. If she wants to shell out cash for a 'label', why not go to one of the many amazing boutiques where the clothes are designed and made in-store, by hand. It'd be more expensive, and it's not as good as buying second hand, but it's better than buying slave labour garments that won't last. Maybe she'd actually look cool for once, too, instead of basic af. And hopefully she'd hold onto those items longer and stop endlessly shopping so damn much.

Honestly I just want deli to stop pretending to be eco friendly. It pisses me off. I know in the grand scheme of things our individual work makes no dent against massive corporations. But I've see a huge change in the shopping habits of all my friends in the last few years - everyone buys second hand, and if you buy fast fashion it's cheugy af. (deli in a nutshell). Surely if the attitude of society changes, then THAT will make a difference to the industry. We've already seen it with so many companies green washing, and now many fast fashion brands here have sections in the store of 'vintage' fashion, second hand stuff they've sourced and marked up, so they are aware of the trend. So if you're gonna try, at least put your full (flat) ass into it deli

OK Ill get off my soapbox and stop being a b*tch but it really grindsssss my gearszsz

Last edited:

Doggone Goob

View attachment 1710295

Can anyone from Australia enlighten me, why is this such a tragedy that it deserves 3 Instagram stories of complaining?
... Aussie here. I have no idea. There's no coffee cup holders on any trolleys at any supermarkets so I havent a clue what she's whinging about.

I would die if I ever posted something like this
I'm originally a kiwi, and we would call this Pākehā problems (white person problems) lmaooo

• Haha

emerald

VIP Member

I understand not everyone is going to agree with me here, but why does Jesse make politics and hating the Conservative party 50% of her personality if she doesn't understand it, and how it is reported. The other 50% of her brand being autistic, of course. Lest we forget for one second.

Reactions: 13

HannahBananah

I cringe imagining James watching delis build videos... Coz say what you want about him, I think he's a pretty good builder, or at least a meticulous one. I get second hand embarrassment watching him tour her builds. Does he watch all her other videos to be supportive and then have to sit there like, "wow, great build babe. Wow you're so charismatic!" as she puts windows at different heights and checks herself out on the monitor? I would die
This is why I roll my eyes when she posts videos “fixing James’ build”. She thinks she’s so talented at it and makes him sit there when she’s done to pretend she did such a good job. 😛

mermaidish

Exactly. You can clearly see the difference in their work ethic. Deli also said that James got sick after her, but you don't hear any excuses from him.
Either Deli is a totally different person IRL or James is experiencing some sort of sunken cost fallacy because they are so mismatched, it’s hard to believe he’s actually happy with her. Not just their work ethics, but their diets and general lifestyles.

simmehchan

Haven't watched more than 30 seconds of any recent Plumbella videos because I made a joke rule with myself to stop watching once she mentions that she's autistic 🥴
I like Jesse, but she thinks her and her family are the most unique, quirky interesting people ever and it really annoys me. You can be northern and autistic and have a degree and watch TikTok etc etc without making them your entire personality.

Her merch website has a page that goes into extreme detail about every family member, including the kids, right down to their middle names and I just find that so weird. Who cares? Why put that much information out there, especially about the children?